Thank you!

• Thread starter slotcarrod
  • 14 comments
Canada
Calgary
slotcarrod
As a middle aged man going through a little bit of a midlife crisis, the new Corvette C7 caught my eye. The price is ok and I know it's a reliable car unlike the Ferrari's and such! However I want to thank Gran Turismo for not letting me make a huge mistake! After driving this lump around the ring, I will never get one, I don't care how nice it looks or what a great deal I can get, what a POS!

In my mind the new GTR looks like crap, but I would rather spend my money on the likes of that than the C7! Maybe I will get the Evo but that looks like garbage too? Not sure now! Ferrari's are sexy, but are too much and I don't want the maintenance!

ps: Thanks for the new Christmas series GT!

Its a ****ing prototype. Which means that it is not in its final stage. And its a damn game. Game does not equate to real life. Have. A. Good. Day.

Price? The C7 isn't even for sale in GT5. You can't buy it, plus it's only a prototype. Also, I'm confused on whether you either posted this in the wrong thread by accident (the cars in GT5 influenced the cars you want to buy in real life) or you've simply been playing too much GT5 and I think you should give it a break.

Yes I buy real cars based on how they drive in the game! GT is that good! The Evo IV, V and my Supra never disappointed me! Except the FR-S was way down on power over the one in the game. I "was" going to buy one but after the test drive.... MEH!

The C7 should cost about $50,000 to $115,000 CDN depending on model. I'm looking at the lower end of that! Still a nice looking car, you can see pics on line now! Maybe a test drive will change my mind?

Yes I buy real cars based on how they drive in the game! GT is that good! The Evo IV, V and my Supra never disappointed me! Except the FR-S was way down on power over the one in the game. I "was" going to buy one but after the test drive.... MEH!

The C7 should cost about $50,000 to $115,000 CDN depending on model. I'm looking at the lower end of that! Still a nice looking car, you can see pics on line now! Maybe a test drive will change my mind?

So the FR-S in real life is less powerful than the one in the game? And be aware that the look of the C7 can change between the prototype that we can drive in GT5 and the final version that will come out when Corvette/Chevrolet are ready for the car to be released to the public.

Also, it's probably not a good idea for your opinion about a car in real life to be based purely on how it drives in a video game. I will tell you that GT5 is no where near realistic as some other games on the PC such as iRacing, but at least you test drive the cars before you actually buy them, which is good.

Personally, I thought the C7 drove fine... But I think it's silly to judge cars in real life by how they drive in the game. :boggled:

Everyone needs to remember this is the base model prototype, the other newer corvettes in the game are the Z06 model. The z06 is the higher performance one, the base convertible is what all the old people cruise around in where I live.

Personally, I thought the C7 drove fine... But I think it's silly to judge cars in real life by how they drive in the game. :boggled:
My point exactly. If you're going to judge cars in real life by how they drive in games, at least do it with the most realistic sims on the market :rolleyes: .
Everyone needs to remember this is the base model prototype, the other newer corvettes in the game are the Z06 model. The z06 is the higher performance one, the base convertible is what all the old people cruise around in where I live.
Yes and the C7 is only a prototype so there's no need to get happy about it.

Also, off topic but did anyone notice that the C7 looks a little rough compared to other premium cars? It doesn't have a proper cockpit view and the exterior seems a little like a standard?

You know you are too tightly-wound when you can't recognize sarcasm. I personally had a chuckle this morning when I saw this thread.

Also, it's probably not a good idea for your opinion about a car in real life to be based purely on how it drives in a video game. I will tell you that GT5 is no where near realistic as some other games on the PC such as iRacing, but at least you test drive the cars before you actually buy them, which is good.[/COLOR]

in my opinion, i know everybody have one opinion... :P :lol:

I'm 44 years old, I've driven several cars in real life, which is inside and gt5, as I have also made several trackday's, and my view is that road legal production cars in gt5 with the "right" tires (comfort hard-medium-soft) is lot of realistic... (maybe and racing cars with the "right" tires to have good simulation, but i never drive racing cars like the Formula One or Group.C or Japan Touring Cars, to i have an opinion)...

maybe not the best ever sim the GT5 (spec 2), but is very realistic, (there where losing the gt5 is the force-feedback, a procedure that makes a more believable one simulation) certainly not a criterion buying a car from ANY Simulator, in this I agree with you... because the real life is not 100% emulate on any production GAME... and even if they belong to the category of simulators... and even small differences in the simulation for one car (and tires), can be vital in real life on this real car on the real world streets in real conditions with hundreds of different situations...

...the ONLY thing that gives ANY simulator, are essential features of a car (or cars), in relation to another car, (but not the detailed)... and basics components to obtain an understanding for fast driving, like racing line, brake points, weight distribution for control and traction within the sports driving, control the oversteer, understeer...

I hope to i am understandable because my bad English is not my mother tongue (google help for this) :)

in my opinion, i know everybody have one opinion... :P :lol:

I'm 44 years old, I've driven several cars in real life, which is inside and gt5, as I have also made several trackday's, and my view is that road legal production cars in gt5 with the "right" tires (comfort hard-medium-soft) is lot of realistic... (maybe and racing cars with the "right" tires to have good simulation, but i never drive racing cars like the Formula One or Group.C or Japan Touring Cars, to i have an opinion)...

maybe not the best ever sim the GT5 (spec 2), but is very realistic, (there where losing the gt5 is the force-feedback, a procedure that makes a more believable one simulation) certainly not a criterion buying a car from ANY Simulator, in this I agree with you... because the real life is not 100% emulate on any production GAME... and even if they belong to the category of simulators... and even small differences in the simulation for one car (and tires), can be vital in real life on this real car on the real world streets in real conditions with hundreds of different situations...

...the ONLY thing that gives ANY simulator, are essential features of a car (or cars), in relation to another car, (but not the detailed)... and basics components to obtain an understanding for fast driving, like racing line, brake points, weight distribution for control and traction within the sports driving, control the oversteer, understeer...

I hope to i am understandable because my bad English is not my mother tongue (google help for this) :)

Your English is very good :)

I hate how they put a pretty-much NON-CUSTOMISABLE prototype in the game when they could've put in a much better recent supercar, e.g. Hennessy Venom or new Viper?

Your English is very good :)

I hate how they put a pretty-much NON-CUSTOMISABLE prototype in the game when they could've put in a much better recent supercar, e.g. Hennessy Venom or new Viper?
Because Chevrolet and PD have a relationship and it didn't cost PD anything to scan, test and create the car for the game.

If most people thought like the OP, no Lotus would be sold in real life :sly:
It would be quite the opposite.
The 111R dominates at 500pp and the Evora is damn fast in the sub 550pp area. The Esprit looks very good and is fun to drive stock.

Or maybe it's just a very poor attempt for an ironic post?

---
Btw @OP
:lol:👍

I think it was a pretty good attempt :)

I remember all the people saying how crappy the Lotusses were, especially in the Top Gear event.

You have no sense of humor or b. you drive a Lotus in real life.
Ps. for the 500pp seasonal it is tuned. Nothing like a stock one.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back