That Disclaimer...

  • Thread starter Thread starter RogsR34UK
  • 12 comments
  • 1,290 views
Messages
1,607
England
Near Oxford, UK
Messages
RogsR35UK
Messages
RogsR34UK
I don't know how many of you read what is on the screen before the game starts, but one sentence caught my eye...

"Cars included in this game may be different from the actual cars in shapes, colours and performance"

Or words to that effect! I thought it was a "real" driving simulator, not a work of fiction. Does that mean a Ford GT which could be out performed by a 2CV (assuming that sort of thing was found in the game) would be perfectly acceptable for a real driving simulator?
 
I don't know how many of you read what is on the screen before the game starts, but one sentence caught my eye...

"Cars included in this game may be different from the actual cars in shapes, colours and performance"

Or words to that effect! I thought it was a "real" driving simulator, not a work of fiction. Does that mean a Ford GT which could be out performed by a 2CV (assuming that sort of thing was found in the game) would be perfectly acceptable for a real driving simulator?


Which is pretty much the same as the disclaimer than you get at the start of every racing game that feature real cars in it.

One has been in place on every GT, every Forza, every NFS, Shift, etc, etc.


Scaff
 
Of course it says that, can you imagine the law-suits that stupid people would file if it didnt? One car that looks slightly wrong and PD would be bankrupt.
 
out performed by a 2CV (assuming that sort of thing was found in the game)

Have you not tried the 2CV yet??

Right up there with the Kubelwagen for fun:)
 
I think its more for the prototype cars as the specs are unknown or inacurate.
 
It's an obvious legal obligation. Everything has to do this nowadays.
 
I bet you can find actual car advertisements that have a similar disclaimer.
 
If microwave instruction booklets can contain disclaimers saying they are not responsible if you put your cat in the microwave and turn it on, then this doesn't surprise me for 1 second
 
Same thing in movies stating that similarities in real life blah blah no animals were harmed blah blah blah...
 
I bet you can find actual car advertisements that have a similar disclaimer.

you are correct, especially photos of cars that are not yet in production. Even at car shows they have disclaimers next to the actual pre-production models.
 
Back