That pesky Impreza RM

  • Thread starter Thread starter buziii
  • 17 comments
  • 3,709 views
Messages
365
Messages
buziii
I can't quit this car! I decided to run it in the Extreme Super GT races yesterday, thinking there's no way it could win. I easily won the Suzuka race in the rain. However, reality sunk in when I didn't have the HP to compete at Fuji. But it was still a fun race and I was able to finish 3rd. My Impreza's buddy, the S2000 GT1 Turbo, exacted revenge however!

Did I say I love these cars? Probably my two favorites in the garage.
 
The impreza rm is an amazing car especially for four wheel drive drifting
 
I think that will be my next purchase.

I just got the Subaru Cusco car last night and did the Super GT race thinking that they were going to just blow me away, I was pleasantly surprised to see it was raining. I almost lapped them :D
 
Hate that car, do not enjoy driving it in any way.
 
The Impreza RM with all the available power mods is also the second fastest car in the snow, next to the Suzuki ESCUDO Dirt Trial Car, which is 10 to 27 seconds a lap faster than anything, depending on the track. The Lancia DELTA S4 Rally Car handles better in the snow compared to the Impreza. It does great power on drifts, but it's not as fast.

I'm a big fan of the Race Mod. It makes the otherwise tail happy Elise 111R into a track monster with 2:00 Suzuka times. The ZR1 into the second fastest American Champ Indy car, next to the GT-40 Test Car. I'd like to see a Race Mod Veyron! If that car could corner it would be a beast.
 
I just got the Subaru Cusco car last night and did the Super GT race thinking that they were going to just blow me away, I was pleasantly surprised to see it was raining. I almost lapped them :D

Did you buy the one in the Subaru Dealership or the older one from the UCD? Isn't the HP only around 300 for the new one? What can it be maxed out to? I've wanted to buy that one also.

Have you tried it in the Fuji race yet? It's probably similar to my Impreza RM in that the HP is too low to win that one.
 
if you think thats fun with four wheel drifting try the chromeline lamboghini......sports hard drifts like a pro especially out of low speed corners
 
Did you buy the one in the Subaru Dealership or the older one from the UCD? Isn't the HP only around 300 for the new one? What can it be maxed out to? I've wanted to buy that one also.

Have you tried it in the Fuji race yet? It's probably similar to my Impreza RM in that the HP is too low to win that one.

you can tune it to 358bhp, handles like it's on rails though...i did a 7.08.124 on the nurburgring with a spin so i'm hoping for sub 7'minutes
 
I have both Cusco's, will purchase a RM Impreza later today.
 
I have this car in my garage. Bought the Impreza, RM'd it, painted it WR Blue Mica and sadly I haven't touched it since. I'm hoping either today or tomorrow I'll be able to give and the other 16 race mods I have that have never been driven a spin. :dunce:
 
Thanks a lot, I was trying to keep it quiet...



No, seriously. :indiff:
 
I bought the LM S2000 last night, haven't run it. The blue one, that is.

I have the Cusco Impreza, it really is one incredible car. So much grip, brakes so well. It lacks BHP, but the positive characteristics outweigh this fact.

I was driving my Cusco at a track day at the Nurb Nord last night, in the rain, then in the dark. I overtook a guy on that part of track that is fast and dips, then you have to brake for a shallow left and quick right. I took him, and he rammed me in the next corner (very sharp left-right).

"Why did you ram me? It's a track day" I said.

"I have to keep up somehow, you have 500hp i only have 300hp" he says.

"This is a track day, no need to keep up, and this is a GT300 mate, only 300hp" i reply.

Seriously, the Premium Cusco is the best driving experience in GT5.

Can anyone comment on the REM Standard GT300 RX7? It's in my used dealership now, don't know whether to buy or not.
 
Can anyone comment on the REM Standard GT300 RX7? It's in my used dealership now, don't know whether to buy or not.

Do it. It doesn't have as much grip as the Cusco, but it's so fast through corners....wuff
 
I am really impressed with the GT300 cars in GT5, especially the premiums. Before I start tearing up the 'Ring with the Impreza RM, what should I expect from that car as far as understeer/oversteer and such?
 
I am really impressed with the GT300 cars in GT5, especially the premiums. Before I start tearing up the 'Ring with the Impreza RM, what should I expect from that car as far as understeer/oversteer and such?

Depends how you set it up it tends to understear a little but with the rear setting on 85% you can cancel this out but unlike other cars where to much throttle makes you spin in this it goes side ways a little and then just grips and then grips some more, it is the weidest feeling as the back ends out so you should be slower than if it wasn't but your not I'm so much faster letting slide than if I don't. It has so much tire grip its great and the front wheels just drag your through the corner even if the back end is swining out.

Oh I drive with everything off except abs.
 
Depends how you set it up it tends to understear a little but with the rear setting on 85% you can cancel this out but unlike other cars where to much throttle makes you spin in this it goes side ways a little and then just grips and then grips some more, it is the weidest feeling as the back ends out so you should be slower than if it wasn't but your not I'm so much faster letting slide than if I don't. It has so much tire grip its great and the front wheels just drag your through the corner even if the back end is swining out.

Oh I drive with everything off except abs.

Thanks:tup:
 
Back