That seventh gear... like the old gto LM from GT1

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kent
  • 13 comments
  • 737 views

Kent

Retired
Staff Emeritus
Messages
8,191
United States
Southern Louisiana
Messages
GTP_Kent
Well...

What do you guys know about this.

There was a gto Lm in gt1 with 7 gears and I wanted to know if there are any other cars with 7 gears specifically in GT3.

Has anyone noticed that there is a spot for the tuning of the 7th gear on the settings screen, which never has anything in it.

So it is obvious they remembered that some cars have 7 gears... but which ones?

Thanks,
-kent
 
Yeah - there's been a lot of comment on it.

No-one's found a car with a seventh gear in GT3 - but the GT-R Concept in GT Concept has a 7th gear.
 
I remember someone saying that the Diablo might have 7 gears.
 
The Nomad Diablo has a 7th gear...i think...haven't used that car yet....=P anyway....it's a nice car ehehe
 
:rolleyes:

No one has successfully shifted into 7th gear in GT3, reguardless of hybrid...... EVER.
 
I'll ditto RER. I do have the diablo, and it does not have 7 gears.

AO
 
lol where do u guys find diablo..again..haven't been playing for a couple of months..so where is it..?
 
Only available via Gameshark or Sharkport. NTSC only.

AO
 
omg..cheating is the gayest thing u could do on GT3 i hat people who cheat just to win..cause they have no skills.!!!

PS: SRy i am just pissed and the cheathing part of the forum..what idoits who want to cheat for stuff they can't win
 
actually Total_turbo, most people who use the Sharkport to edit their garages w/hidden cars, have already finished the game and are interested in pursuing other aspects, such as hybriding.
 
Point : Castrol Supra GT in GT ( as in GT1 ), has 7 Gears, but in GT2 + GT3, It's been removed,Wonder Why. The Real Castrol Tom's have 6, but the Castrol Supra GT, I aint sure. But still, its lost a gear in GT2, or shudnt have has a 7th ( in GT) .
 
Originally posted by Total_turbo
omg..cheating is the gayest thing u could do on GT3 i hat people who cheat just to win..cause they have no skills.!!!

PS: SRy i am just pissed and the cheathing part of the forum..what idoits who want to cheat for stuff they can't win


Why does it always have to be about cheating?

Did you know that the REAL reason people utilize the device is to trade replays with one-and-other? 99% of the people qualified to label themselves as GT3 enthusiests, own a port, and use it for everything EXCEPT cheating. Maybe you should do some homework on it before you go critisizing people's antics..........
 
Originally posted by Total_turbo
omg..cheating is the gayest thing u could do on GT3 i hat people who cheat just to win..cause they have no skills.!!!

PS: SRy i am just pissed and the cheathing part of the forum..what idoits who want to cheat for stuff they can't win

What are you talking about? You can pass most of gt3 with no skill or game shark. It really isn't hard to beat when you over tune your cars. I don't think anyone actually needs a game shark to win something when they just have to get in an f1 or a 1000 hp supra or skyline or whatever.

Using an overpowered car to win a race is no different than using a game shark to win a race.

The only parts of GT3 that requires any skill are the license test and time trials; everything else is a snap once you get enough money or the right car. The only way to make gt3 a challenge is to under power your cars so that the AI has a huge advantage.
 
I'm just speculating here, but it's a fair bet that the Diablo in the Japanese version (which is normally accesable) has a 7 speed tranny. Although I did hack out the diablo from GTC Tokyo 2001 (Japanese version) MK's program always messes up the GTC gear ratios so the cars go backwards, so I have to replace the normal gear ratio with another cars.

I'm sure somebody has already tried this, but i'm going to sod about with the .ini files that MK's program creates to see if I can get a 7th gear.

Edit:Fine it didn't work, no harm done in trying.

Somebody tell me if this is impossible.
As vat_man mentioned, the only car I have ever driven in GT3/C is the GT-R Concept.
 
Back