• Thread starter flanylla
  • 8 comments

flanylla

(Banned)
United Kingdom
England
87517BDC-1307-4048-8F13-331FD1D18880.jpeg
834AD3CD-7929-41C9-A33A-46E7F7BDD2E9.jpeg
Got my hands on a beautifully refurbished and restored CECHC03 today (actually I was just lazy to set up until now but got it a couple days ago). £84 from musicMagpie on eBay and came with a gold HDMI cable, controller and the PSU.

What an amazing beast of a console. GT3 and GT4 look just as gorgeous and impressive as GT5 with the upscaler on and in fact they run better than GT5 does... :)

Pictures aren’t of console but of GT4 which ran with literally no lag

I've also got a BC PS3 but it's currently YLOD'd. Miss playing PS2 games in good quality on original hardware.

What an amazing beast of a console. GT3 and GT4 look just as gorgeous and impressive as GT5 with the upscaler on and in fact they run better than GT5 does... :)

Was the aliasing any better? GT4 was an eye-bleedingly awful pixel-fest on the PS2!

:ouch:

If Sony had never removed the PS2 support from the PS3, I probably would have bought one instead of getting another PS2 to replace my worn out PS2. The PS3 alone wasn't worth it when I already had an XB360.

If Sony had never removed the PS2 support from the PS3, I probably would have bought one instead of getting another PS2 to replace my worn out PS2. The PS3 alone wasn't worth it when I already had an XB360.
They could have just kept the GS like they did for the CECHC imo and just improved the EE software emulation for all models because it was pointless dropping the GS and then the eventual supprt

VBR
Was the aliasing any better? GT4 was an eye-bleedingly awful pixel-fest on the PS2!

:ouch:
Theres a smoothing option on the PS3, it may help a little. It should generally look a bit better at least, less jagged than a PS2 connecting to component or RGB.

Also @Tornado don’t. Fix it properly may cost more but it lasts at least 1-2 years afaik longer, the baking method is just a temporary fix and damages other components

I had one, I remember trading in three enormous bags full of DVDs and old games at CEX to get a launch model (with the £425 price tag still on the box), Rainbow Six: Vegas, Resistance and a second controller for something like £35 six months after they released here. I bought it because I was so excited to play GT5 on it... It failed with the YLOD the very first time I played GT5 on it four years later! I immediately went and bought a Slim to replace it, but baked the motherboard to see if I could get it working again; I did, but not for very long, just enough time to copy all my old saves off.

Then I put it in the bin. I regret that because I went on to become an electronic engineer and I know people who do BGA reflow now... Oh well!

My PS3 near launch YLODed years ago. I got it working again with a hair dryer and a few towels but I haven't plugged it in since other than making sure it was working and backing up my saves. I would never trust it with my GT3 or GT4 disc now though. It was a great machine before then though.

Latest Posts

Back