The #1 change you want for GT5

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the #1 thing you want to be changed for GT5?

I want the dealerships to be more organized. New cars should be cars that are currently in production. Classics should be from twenty or more years ago. Racecars and concepts should be put under special models. Used should be up to nineteen years ago.

If there must be used car dealerships, they should be better organized as well. Have used car dealerships for all three regions: North America, Europe, and Asia.

If the dealership is for a major manufacturer, then that dealership should have a good variety of cars from that manufacturer. I was disappointed with Cadillac only having the Cien when they could've also provided the V-Series and the LMP.

Enjoyable races, I can lie with the dealerships not being 100% accurate to what's on sale in real life (I can live with GT5 having crap racing as well, I don't have to kill myself if it does), but the fact GT4 was imo not fun to race in the GT mode is the biggest thing GT5 needs to sort out.

Better rally tracks! Not circuits either, like 10 minute point a to b trail racing. And that's just one stage.

I thinks its been mentioned before but, putting isle of man in is going to keep me in front of the TV 10 times longer that the ring did.

OT:

The #1 thing GT5 needs:
BETTER AI!!!

None of this "Spin me out crap". I want real drivers, then again it will most likely support online.

The #1 thing GT5 needs:
BETTER AI!!!

None of this "Spin me out crap". I want real drivers, then again it will most likely support online.

Amen to that. The one thing i wanted in GT mode....or even arcade mode for that matter, was to be able to verse similar cars in horsepower, and have it be an even match. I still have a ton of fun racing in arcade mode on difficulty 5, but the cars are much more overpowered than mine some of the time, and even then, you can't predict if it's going to be a blowout race, or a close race. So when i choose an S2000 or vette, I want to be racing similar cars that'll actually go my speed, not an S2000 vs. a viper because that's the only good match i can get. Better yet, how bout the ability to choose opponent cars? yeah....

Enjoyable races, I can lie with the dealerships not being 100% accurate to what's on sale in real life (I can live with GT5 having crap racing as well, I don't have to kill myself if it does), but the fact GT4 was imo not fun to race in the GT mode is the biggest thing GT5 needs to sort out.

Amen...

GT4 wasn't fun for me. It was more like a chore. I didn't want to repeat over half the stuff they put in there. Hell, I didn't want to even finish half the stuff they put in there.

Race events were dismal, few and pathetic. That's the entire appeal of GT series, for me. A bunch of cars is nice. A bunch of tracks is nice. They don't mean anything without good racing events to use them both.

That's why I LOVED GT2. It had the most and the best racing events. GT350, GT500, European, American, Japanese, HP Limited events, etc. etc. GT3 had great racing events, too. But, GT4... stunk... sucked... etc. etc.

Though, I like the diversity and how PD tried new features and events with GT4; they just didn't work.

Oh, and racing mods would be cool, too.

I mentioned in another thread that GT5 needs a paint shop. It'd also be nice if Sony could give us some booming engine notes instead of the crappy engine sounds we have now. I'd also like for there to be a delay between shifts in terms of the engine note so that you can tell that the clutch is being applied and I'd like to be able to hear the gears shifting. Little things like these make a big difference. I remember how much people bitched about flames coming out of your tailpipes upon downshifts and I'm sure a lot of folks were happy when that was implemented into GT4.

The one thing i'd like to see is reverse lights - its supposed to be a 'real driving simulator' for crying out loud! - come on PD, get with the programme.

Amen to that. The one thing i wanted in GT mode....or even arcade mode for that matter, was to be able to verse similar cars in horsepower, and have it be an even match. I still have a ton of fun racing in arcade mode on difficulty 5, but the cars are much more overpowered than mine some of the time, and even then, you can't predict if it's going to be a blowout race, or a close race. So when i choose an S2000 or vette, I want to be racing similar cars that'll actually go my speed, not an S2000 vs. a viper because that's the only good match i can get. Better yet, how bout the ability to choose opponent cars? yeah....

Now your on the right track:) Just like in Arcade Mode give us the opportunity to pick the opposition and also the difficulty level for each competitor. We get to choose the difficulty level now for the opposition as a group. I cant see how it would be a big problem to set it for each competitor, even if fields are increased to 20:tup: Remember, tuning starts at minus 10 thru 0 to plus 10 [-10. 0. +10]:dopey: Then we will get to race against competion that is "Deep & Meaningful" to us individually and set up some great races with our favorite cars. The A.I. is a pain and needs fixing for this newest version, so too does the engine sound track, but I would put up with those if I could "pick my own fights" and fine tune them with the difficulty level option. :sly: Grand Turismo mode should still follow a similar theme for each race,we would just have controll over which cars are entered.

I want online racing to be the bread and butter of this game. And I also want to see a certain Italian auto maker added.

while we're on that subject, either get rid of a-spec points or make them more worthwhile. oh, and add horsepower limits and event generator from GT2

I mentioned in another thread that GT5 needs a paint shop. It'd also be nice if Sony could give us some booming engine notes instead of the crappy engine sounds we have now. I'd also like for there to be a delay between shifts in terms of the engine note so that you can tell that the clutch is being applied and I'd like to be able to hear the gears shifting. Little things like these make a big difference. I remember how much people bitched about flames coming out of your tailpipes upon downshifts and I'm sure a lot of folks were happy when that was implemented into GT4.

Even though I do play the NFS series (don't kill me people)...lol...that's one thing EA i feel has done well, is the engine sounds.....GTO's and Mustangs sound like they should....and the exotics sound really good too. IF PD could pull off sounds like that with every car in the game....well...:drool:

while we're on that subject, either get rid of a-spec points or make them more worthwhile. oh, and add horsepower limits and event generator from GT2

I'd agree with that. A-spec points are worthless at the moment....but i would also like to see some horsepower limits, or other types of limits, implemented.

**ah, sry for the double post**

The number one thing I want to see is better AI and the return of racing mods.

#1: Racing Modification

Followed by

Engine overhaul (Used cars/Engines)
Better AI

Buying parts for cars in GT mode is a real ball ache. So instead of having to buy items one at a time there should be like a list of all the available parts for you car with a box next to each that you simply tick if you want the part. Then at the bottom you get a Total price, projected hp, torque and weight values based on the stuff you've ticked. Then you just click to buy all the stuff at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back