The 20 Million Credit Glitch Question?

• Thread starter VBR
  • 19 comments

Was the 20 million credit glitch an actual glitch, or an unofficial Easter egg?

• It was a genuine Glitch

Votes: 38 69.1%
  • It was an unofficial Easter Egg

Votes: 17 30.9%

• Total voters

VBR

Meme Dissident in Exile...
Premium
England
Yorkshire
ScapeGoat4U
WhippingBoy
Dear Kazunori Yamauchi San,

was the 20 million credit glitch really a glitch, or was it intentionally put in the game by a "mysterious Polyphony Digital worker" as an Easter egg in rebellion to Sony's microtransaction model?

Either way, I'm sure there are many players who would like to thank you for all the extra credits! :cheers:

Yours cheekily,

VBR.

Last edited:
Harumph... it sucked because others took it and ran while us clueless types figured the point of the game was to earn it.... I guess I have nothing to complain about, I got what I expected. On the other hand, and considering no adverse result has appeared to those lucky enough to have been clued in, I wish I had received all the multi million cars too. It's a long time from here to there. I could have been driving them, not believing they are some form of negative reinforcement of class society.

Harumph... it sucked because others took it and ran while us clueless types figured the point of the game was to earn it.... I guess I have nothing to complain about, I got what I expected. On the other hand, and considering no adverse result has appeared to those lucky enough to have been clued in, I wish I had received all the multi million cars too. It's a long time from here to there. I could have been driving them, not believing they are some form of negative reinforcement of class society.

If it's any consolation, I wish I had fully exploited the glitch to the extent of the non-law. Only did it once and basically have the Muira to show for it.

Last edited:
As if they would insert an easter egg when they introduced microtransactions... Obviously a glitch/bug that circumnavigates the normal system.

Why do you assume that PD introduced microtransactions themselves? It might have been Sony's idea, they might have forced PD into it, & a rogue PD worker may have deliberately put the glitch into the game as an easter egg to frustrate Sony's greedy plans.

The truth is we don't know either way. So it's not obvious that it was a glitch.

does it work on the BMW M4?
and does it still work if you delete your patches and updates?

Last edited:
How did they block it? Because isn't the only way they can block it is using hotfixes, patches and updates which you can all delete as far as I know.

They blocked it by not allowing you to download the update that enabled you to do the glitch.

Last edited:
VBR
They blocked it by not allowing you to download the update that enabled you to do the glitch.

I'm sorry for the hassle of all my posts, but one last another question: What was in the update?
thanks!

Last edited:
I'm sorry for the hassle of all my posts, but one last question: What was in the update?
thanks!

It was the 1.02 update I think, can't remember what the content was.

It is/was neither, and once it was discovered it became an exploit.

@
Brunol_SRE
The 1.02 update made the exploit possible, so removing that update and forcing you to go from 1.01 to 1.03, exploit is no long possible. There is extensive explanations in the forums here, please look it up if you still don't understand.

Reactions: VBR
It is/was neither, and once it was discovered it became an exploit.

Yes, technically it's an "exploit". However, it was named the 20 million credit glitch & the name stuck, so for the purpose of communicating understanding I'll happily use it. You cannot state that it was "neither", unless you have conclusive proof that no PD worker deliberately added the ability to "exploit" the game in this manner to the original code. Can you provide such proof?

@Brunol_SRE
The 1.02 update made the exploit possible, so removing that update and forcing you to go from 1.01 to 1.03, exploit is no long possible. There is extensive explanations in the forums here, please look it up if you still don't understand.

@BrunoI_SRE - What he said. You'll find more info here.

👍

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back