The 4 Minute Barrier.

When i heard saw the video of the X1 in GT5 break the 4 minute barrier on the very edge of concentration, i was instantly hooked and worked quite hard to get the damn car, sadly i was stuck at Level 28, and luckily a certain trader sent me TWO, and i used them to level up to 30. So far i have golds at Nurburgring GP and Monza, and a silver at Suzuka, this is my account of taking the X1 on the ring at max downforce. :nervous: When i get my copy of GT5 back from my mom :guilty: I'll post some pictures.

==================================================

After tuning the downforce to the maximum and fiddling with the differential settings, i decided to go out for my first lap to see how fast i could really go.
First corner keep it floored, the narrow chicane i just lifted off the gas and whipped my DFGT right then left then right again, the speedo rarely dipping below 190MPH as i reeled from the insane grip, almost to much as the wheel kept wanting to pedulate each direction when going straight.

I hit the uphill left sweeper at 250MPH, tapping the brakes and shifting into 5th gear, slowing down to 190MPH, the front tires were screaming and smoke was actually starting come from the front tires, i was already headed uphill for the most tricky corner in this car, braking hard and downshifting into 4th, i kept the speed around 150MPH before accelerating again, i could barely keep up with the car and was only driving with the speeds i saw in the video. I was already at the slightly downhill right corner, tapping the brakes, i knew i slowed down to much as i cranked the wheel right and hit the rumble strip, the extra weight transfer almost caused me to spin out, but luckily i only lost 30MPH and continued on to a bumpy series of corners.

I could not believe the grip this thing had, i could floor it all the way around when even in the FGT, i had to lift or the rear end would get squirrley, but this thing was planted, no glued to the road before approaching my first real hairpin corner, my brain was working hard and i pretty much went into to tunnel vision mode, braking hard as flames licked out quickly slowing down to 100MPH, when most cars couldnt take it at 60-70, and accelrated out into the left corner with the blue barriers, i knew i shouldn't lift, but i was comfortable and lifted slightly before flooring it around the right corner that quickly followed at 210mph or more.

As the car hit 257MPH and stopped accelerating, i relaxed a tad as the driving was extremely intense and i was still only a minute into this, already a 1/3rd of way there. The engine was screaming at 16,000RPM, fighting the wheel to keep straight on this undulating and cambered "straight"away, i knew i wouldnt have to lift for the raised right hander after this quick double left and was preparing for the hardest part, the last third, the part where time is gained or lost, but i wasn't ready for the onslaught to my senses this machine was about to bring.

Lifting off the gas slightly and tapping the brakes to scrub speed down to 200MPH, i realised how stupidly fast i was about to go, knowing the 'ring very well, almost every corner was full throttle or a tap of the brakes, everything but the road ahead was a constant blur, the wheel continually fighting me for control, front tires wearing down from the massive onslaught that was only going on for around 2 and a half minutes, the rear tires surprisingly were lasting longer to help me accelerate out of these corners like a raped ape.

I was already at the end part of the track, only a few more corners till the long straightaway, the uphill right/left corner could be taken full speed, i had to steer so fast that i was almost unprepared for the cambered corner similar to the much more difficult one before, but i kept the throttle down, hoping the downforce and camber of the corner would keep the inside wheel hooked.
They kept gripping as i flew around the corner at well over 220MPH and continued around the long right hander onto the back straight, once again fighting to keep this beast straight.

Braking super late while turning hard right after the long ride on the back straight, i was already turning left before going around the final sharp right corner, passing the start/finish line.

Time : 3'36'752

Mind you guys, i had already done some practice laps. :sly: Please tell me about my writing errors.

The X1 is probably the worst thing to drive before an important race, as it absolutely ruins you and the only technique you need to worry about is braking as little or late as possible, or lifting off the gas to get it to turn in, i would say im pretty seasoned 'ring driver by now. with well over 400-500Laps combined from all racing sims (mostly GT4 and Enthusia) 💡

Back