The 4400

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sprite
  • 9 comments
  • 848 views

Sprite

Beanbag Brain
Premium
Messages
8,433
United Kingdom
Horbury, West Yorkshire
Messages
GTP_Sprite
Hi has anyone seen this very good TV series that was on sky UK last year?

I don’t have sky so I just read some info about it on the Internet and it came with a high recommendation from the guys over at IMDB. Anyway ive just bought it on DVD and watched the first 3 episodes last night (out of five for the first season) and liked it very much.

Its a bit like a cross of X-files and Taken (of which im assured as I haven’t seen that either) but I would like to know what you guys n gals think of it and if you have any info on the next season.
 
Sounds interesting. I'd definitely rent it, if it was released here in the U.S.
 
a6m5 im sure it will be out in American as its an American show. have a look aroung for it its great. I cant wait for the next series if they make one that is.
 
No way! I don't have cable TV, so I do miss a lot of TV shows. I had never heard of "the 4400", but it must be one of those shows I missed. I'm gonna have to keep my eyes open for it, next time I'm at the Blockbuster(video rental).
 
Actually, this was broadcasted in '04 on the USA Network. There were about 6 one-hour episodes. It was kind of interesting; we're used to worshipping people with super-human strength in the form of comic books and various althletic arenas. Instead, the masses are outraged by people who come back to Earth years later and have outstanding abilities.

The mini-series' ending was rather weak, though. It showed a "strength-from-within" concept but it was portrayed in a very confusing manner.
 
yeh its sweet but the ending was very poor, it left you with more questions than answers. justr waiting for series 2 to appear.

LINK TO PAL DVD
 
just thought i would bump this up, as ive just finished wtching the second season on dvd and all i can say is that its one show im sticking with till the end, i thought that i would be like this with 24, but i lost interest half way through season 2, but the 4400 season 2 was great 5 *s
 
Season #2 just ended about 3-4 weeks ago here, as it was shown at 9pm (EST) on Sundays. It got more interesting, but also a lot more convoluted. I want to see more weird alien super-powers, darn it!

I'm not sure how big a hit it is here for the DVD to be a success on these shores. But then again, sometimes the DVD sales propel the show more than the ratings ever could.
 
* Bump *

Forgot we had a thread on this; Season 4 began last Sunday in the US. (USA Network / 9pm Sundays). Apparently, Sprite's a big fan. Anyhow, it was a bit of a wait, no hype for 9 months, and then a discrete ad a few weeks ago as a reminder.

Anyhow, it's getting more and more bizarre, but not stupid-bizarre.
 
dont please dont, I havent got season three finished yet, im waiting for the dvd release soon. great show imo.
 
Back