The 5 Minute Project

• Thread starter Broth3r
  • 14 comments
This is somethign that's been tingling on my mind since I got my F2007.
The ultimate challenge on the toughest track of the world, and possible the best racing honour in GT.

Is it feasable, or even possible, to go around Nurburgring in less than 5 minutes in GTPSP?

In the last days, I've been testing this, but the best I could get so far was a 5:27:061, far away from the objective. I am aware that I am not the best driver in the world, but is it possible to shave off 27 seconds off a non-spin lap? And where?

Hocheichen (the first three chicanes):

A lot of time lost here, specially on the first one. The game indicates me to take it at 5ht (!), but I always end up going down to 3rd. A perfect trajectory line (and a lot of balls) are needed here.

Aremberg (first hairpin, with sand on the left)

Another corner that can be taken at a higher speed, although in this case it's the game who doesnt consider so.

Adenauer Forst (double chicane shortly after aremberg)

Extremly difficult to get a correct line, i haven't managed to ace it.

Kallenhard (down-banked blind right-hand)

Very hard to predict this corner, being blind, I always come out on the inside at 120 km/h.

Briedsheid (medium left + right climbing)

Hard to maintain traction due to the declive. Ending up drifting is most often my fate, could shave off some hundreds here.

The Carrousel

Almost impossible to keep the F2007 on the bricks, but it's managable.

But this is only my example, this is not about me.
I wanted some feedback on this. Where do you lost most time and what are your strategies to avoid it, share some opinions.
And the vital question
Do you think it's possible to nail the 5 minute mark?
Hopefully, we'll bring it down.

Last edited:
Even if the physics are similar, keep in mind that cars can be modded in GT4.

And there are 1001 more ways to cheat in gtpsp... You can do the nordschleife in 4 minutes or less if you activate cheats...

GTPSP has a more realistic physics engine than GT4, so say goodbye to those unimaginable straight line and cornering speeds, and welcome to the real world.

Sadly our resident Stig is not interested in GTPSP lol. And if he is, the PSP's digital controls will frustrate him before he reaches Flugplatz :lol:.

Back on topic though, I think it's possible to go round the 'Ring in less than 5 minutes using the F2007. It would be really really hard, but if you got a perfect lap I think it's definitely possible (plus using STD physics maybe?). Shaving 27 seconds might sound massive, but on a 14 km long track it really is nothing.

As a comparison, on Viper Racing (old PC sim) the fastest I've gone round the 'Ring using an F2002 is 5:35 (keyboard controls btw).

I made a bunch of mistakes, plus the AI behind me spinning and crashing into me on the first straight, but still managed a 5:23 from a standing start. It's very bumpy and easy to lose control, but it might be possible.

Latest Posts

Back