The advertising

  • Thread starter Thread starter thefraggle
  • 24 comments
  • 1,908 views
Messages
776
United Kingdom
Guildford
Messages
GTP_thefraggle
am i the only one who is very bored with seeing the SLS in everything?
 
me too just give us a trailer about a never before seen new car like the Enzo or Mclaren in HD.
 
It's the cover car, they did the same thing with the GT for GT4. Plus the video from the GoW3 disc is probably the "secret video" that was shown the same time the SLS was unveiled in real life.
 
If PD is showing the SLS AMG there's a reason, actually two and maybe more 1) they have an agreement with Mercedes 2) it's the cover car

p.s. I don't think this question deserves its own thread. You could have posted it in General Discussion.
 
Agreed I rather see an affordable sports car that I can imagine my poor self driving :indiff:
 
If PD is showing the SLS AMG there's a reason, actually two and maybe more 1) they have an agreement with Mercedes 2) it's the cover car

p.s. I don't think this question deserves its own thread. You could have posted it in General Discussion.

It is just as valid as some other threads that have been started on here in the wake of being bored of the wait for the game. Lighten up a little maybe? other peopel seem to be responding to it.
 
No because IMO it's a awesome car. Looks great, sounds great and performs great. And after seeing it in real life it is really gorgeous. I like seeing that kind of collaboration between Mercedes and Polyphony, maybe we will get more Benzes in the game.

BTW my opinion may be biased a bit as a Mercedes-Benz fan. :sly:
 
It is just as valid as some other threads .....

That's not really a point. It is encouraged to ask questions in the discussion thread. That way the "valid as other threads" argument wouldn't exist.

But yes the Merc and the SR5 night track is tiresome.
 
-> Its because Forza has not featured the SLS in Forza 3 (I think its the only sports car that Turn 10 doesn't have). :indiff:
 
-> Its because Forza has not featured the SLS in Forza 3 (I think its the only sports car that Turn 10 doesn't have). :indiff:

I think we(as in the internet) make this Forza Vs. GT thing a lot bigger than it is. Plus I think the SLS was confirmed for DLC sometime in the future for Forza 3.
 
Well, although they use the SLS for pretty much every ad, they used the HKS CT230R in the GT5 ad in the Heavy Rain manual.
 
SLS or more skylines...
 
You gotta realize that they basically pulled the plug on their press/advertising campaign, the day they announced the delay.

However, considering how close we actually were to the launch of the game, they had their playable demos out there. I don't think they planned to show us much more than the 'Ring, Tokyo, Indy, and the cars we've seen in those same demos.

Expect to see more of the same. We'll get a detailed features list, a car and track list and serious info in the final couple months before launch, but I doubt there will be much more given up by PD. We need some surprises when we get the game, don't we?
 
SLS or more skylines...

What is wrong with Skylines? Do you propose taking some skylines out of the game? Because they wouldn't make way for others, variations are easy to model because they're similar to other cars, and the stats are almost the same, theres little to no work involved in adding skylines to the game, all they do is bump up the car total a little. Taking them out is a bad thing.

Back on topic:

The SLS is one nice looking car. But what do you expect from pre-release trailers? They can't showcase all the new cars otherwise when GT5 comes there will be nothing new, it will be like: "Oh wow, now we get to drive the cars that we've already seen in the trailors...", Rather than: "Oh wow, theres an F50/Fxx/Koenigsegg/Porsche/Maserati/Noble/SSC in this game!!"
 
What is wrong with Skylines? Do you propose taking some skylines out of the game? Because they wouldn't make way for others, variations are easy to model because they're similar to other cars, and the stats are almost the same, theres little to no work involved in adding skylines to the game, all they do is bump up the car total a little. Taking them out is a bad thing.

Back on topic:

The SLS is one nice looking car. But what do you expect from pre-release trailers? They can't showcase all the new cars otherwise when GT5 comes there will be nothing new, it will be like: "Oh wow, now we get to drive the cars that we've already seen in the trailors...", Rather than: "Oh wow, theres an F50/Fxx/Koenigsegg/Porsche/Maserati/Noble/SSC in this game!!"

So where are the Corvette, Camaro, Mustang, and 500 other cars as you say "easy variations"? Think before you speak.
 
I would love some high res ZR1 shots, or a new car not yet seen. The SLS is getting a litle tiresome to look at.
 
I would like to see a few classics, seen enough modern cars. A couple classics from each general region (JP,EU,US) and throw in a Australian classic too. ;)
 
That's the only finished car. 💡

The thought had crossed my mind... but no, surely not... surely they really do have the game almost finished... surely...... :nervous:

-> Its because Forza has not featured the SLS in Forza 3 (I think its the only sports car that Turn 10 doesn't have). :indiff:

Nissan R35 is not in forza
 
And what about affordable cars:)

I'm bored seeing supercar everywhere....games, magazines, tv!!!:yuck:
ps: i'm serious
 
^ I have to say that I agree, i'd love to see some more accessable cars in full HD glory:D
 
The only supercar i want to see in hd is the Mclaren F1 and not the BMW GT car.
 
Back