The AI Have Improved Little Since Gran Turismo 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're better than any AI in any previous GT game. Including GT1, where I once won a race by putting all five AI cars head on into a wall where they were stuck for the rest of the race.

I remember doing this on the SS R11 endurance in GT1.

I only needed to play for 10 minutes to see the AI in GT Sport is night and day ahead of GT5, nevermind GT1.

Cars cover the inside line when approaching a tight corner. Even if you do make it, they often cut back inside to get a better exit. AI track positioning in general is much improved. In old GT's you could ride the train of AI cars like a guardrail, never once moving from the racing line.

I only needed to play for 10 minutes to see the AI in GT Sport is night and day ahead of GT5, nevermind GT1.

Cars cover the inside line when approaching a tight corner. Even if you do make it, they often cut back inside to get a better exit. AI track positioning in general is much improved. In old GT's you could ride the train of AI cars like a guardrail, never once moving from the racing line.

The big problem with AI in GT5 and GT6 is that they'd clumsily spin you out on ovals, now they're so much more cooperative.

I couldn’t take your post seriously when you said they don’t make mistakes. I’ve seen the AI go off course many times and not because of me.

I lol at most of these responses and the blind loyalty for this game. Not just this thread but every other thread.

lol what cracks me up is those saying this game has amazing AI.
Videos showing player driving at super slow speed or stopped and AI avoiding him. They will do that in GT5 and GT6 too. And most games in the past twenty years.
Go into a race, and race at proper race speeds,and have the AI ram you from behind going into a corner. Happens to me countless times.

Haha. I'm done with GT Sport. Putting aside the poor AI, this shell of a GT game has nothing to offer that the competition can't do better.

Have fun with this shell of a game boys. Clearly you have unconditional love for it.
Sony and Kaz love you <3
Ah yes, because indirectly calling other people fanboys because they enjoy a game that you don’t is so much cooler than actually backing up your claims and debating like a rational person! :sly:

Ah yes, because indirectly calling other people fanboys because they enjoy a game that you don’t is so much cooler than actually backing up your claims and debating like a rational person! :sly:
See, I told you he was trolling. I was right! :sly::lol:

@BarbarianGoth here you go mate, I believe this is what you're looking for. Might be useful the next time you do something like this again 👍
https://i.imgur.com/LIMRk.jpg

I will agree to some extent, that the AI does have some awareness problems. But what game doesn't?

Now on the other hand, the AI is much better all around. I have two clips I need to upload. I chose a Veyron and raced at night on the Nurburgring, A LaFerrari was cool and fast. The 911 was aggressive and skidding all over the place. In fact, I left my indicator on at one point to let the Ferrari pass me and then dipped back out onto the racing line and the 911 rear-ended me. Then when I hung too wide, the Ferrari took the inside fast and the 911 was right on his tail. I used my indicator again and they reacted to it. Then just a few meters ahead, the 911 got too pushy and wiped out.

Try it, Custom Race and set it to Pro. Use your indicators like they do. They will react to it and drive around you. But that doesn't mean full throttle and put your indicator on and expect them to pass. Lower your pace a bit. Or if you see one coming up from behind fast. So far I have seen three "personalities", if you will. Fast & clean, fast and aggressive, and slow & clean. Just stick with the pack when you race. You'll see what I'm talking about.

@BarbarianGoth here you go mate, I believe this is what you're looking for. Might be useful the next time you do something like this again 👍
You are all BOYS who are FANS (lol @ Terms of Service on that one).
Don't give a hoot if you guys think I'm trolling haha.
At least I'm not blindly 🤬 like a good chunk on these forums seem to be.
Nice pic, I'm guessing people have pressed that button many times when dealing with you lolz

Have fun with your shell of a GT game. Kaz and Sony hold you all so dear <3

Last edited:

no, you're just blindly making weird claims that you can't seem to validate. this isn't personal or even complicated. you made a claim about the AI, others disagreed and then posted footage supporting their position.

that's the end of the debate since you've been incapable of piecing together any substantial retort other than passively aggressively insulting people. if that's how you want to go out, that's on you since it could have been a fun discussion exposing where the AI both excels and falls short.

Oh look it's the same OP that whined over the fantasy Group 4,3, and 1 cars in which they're not much of a problem.

Talking about the GTS AI, it's much better. May not be GTR2 level (my benchmark for racing AI) in terms of AI but better than GT5 and GT6. In fact I've been through a lot of custom races with the AI with the difficulty setting set to the highest and I spent a lot of hours doing custom races than Sport mode as well since you can earn money in custom races similar to GTPSP.

There was even one time where the AIs just made a mistake in the Schwedenkreuz-Aremburg section of the Nurburgring and the AIs just went aggressive when I'm in the lead and that's where I'm satisfied over the AI improvement. Then the next custom races I made, it fully satisfied me.

You are all BOYS who are FANS (lol @ Terms of Service on that one).
Don't give a hoot if you guys think I'm trolling haha.
Nice pic, I'm guessing people have pressed that button many times when dealing with you lolz

Have fun with your shell of a GT game. Kaz and Sony hold you all so dear <3
The more you’re going to write more of these posts, the more you are proving to us that you are incapable of debating. You have yet to properly contribute to the debate. You can’t win something by insulting other people, unless your name is Donald Trump. :sly:

no, you're just blindly making weird claims that you can't seem to validate. this isn't personal or even complicated. you made a claim about the AI, others disagreed and then posted footage supporting their position.

that's the end of the debate since you've been incapable of piecing together any substantial retort other than passively aggressively insulting people. if that's how you want to go out, that's on you since it could have been a fun discussion exposing where the AI both excels and falls short.
Great thread, the OP is complete nonsense but the replies did not disappoint. 👍

Haha look at this, in GT5, a game from seven years ago. AI avoiding the player. And we ALL know how good GT5 AI was.
You guys are done. You can all go into a corner and suck your thumb.
Or anything else that might strike your fancy, I don't judge hahaha.

BONUS CLIP FOR YOU! From GT6!!!

Again, that AI will ram you from behind without mercy in GT6. Similar to GT Sport. Perhaps you guys like it that way hahaha.
Oh look it's the same OP that whined over the fantasy Group 4,3, and 1 cars in which they're not much of a problem.
Oh yeah, you where saying Polyphony's laziness was a DESIGN CHOICE.
Hahaha. To the corner with you too!

The more you’re going to write more of these posts, the more you are proving to us that you are incapable of debating. You have yet to properly contribute to the debate. You can’t win something by insulting other people, unless your name is Donald Trump. :sly:
And by being an idiot and companies under his leadership going down the drain, he has 4 billion, all the pu$$y he can want, and he is President. If they try to impeach him, he'll find a way to worm his way out with a substantial bribe.
Perhaps you can learn something from him! hahaha

Debating doesn't work. Even if you give facts, it never works. Especially on BOYS who are FANS (LOL again @ TOS on that one). Debating only maybe works on people with IQs >130. Average today is 90.
All that works is humiliation. Something these BOYS who are FANS tried so PATHETICALLY to do to me because they are BOYS who are FANS and hate me because I am APPALLED that after FOUR YEARS on a console Kaz himself said is extremely easy to program for, GT Sport is the BEST that Polyphony could do.
And look at the likes my first post has. Enough said. Perhaps all those guys who liked my post are trolling and and stupid like me then? Hahaha.

Last edited:

Haha look at this, in GT5, a game from seven years ago. AI avoiding the player. And we ALL know how good GT5 AI was.
You guys are done. You can all go into a corner and suck your thumb.
Or anything else that might strike your fancy, I don't judge hahaha.

BONUS CLIP FOR YOU! From GT6!!!

Again, that AI will ram you from behind without mercy. Similar to GT Sport. Perhaps you guys like it that way hahaha.

Oh yeah, you where saying Polyphony's laziness was a DESIGN CHOICE.
Hahaha. To the corner with you too!

And by being an idiot and companies under his leadership going down the drain, he has 4 billion, all the pu$$y he can want, and he is President. If they try to impeach him, he'll find a way to worm his way out with a substantial bribe.
Perhaps you can learn something from him! hahaha

Debating doesn't work. Even if you give facts, it never works. Especially on BOYS who are FANS (LOL again @ TOS on that one). Debating only maybe works on people with IQs >130. Average today is 90.
All that works is humiliation. Something these BOYS who are FANS tried so PATHETICALLY to do to me because they are BOYS who are FANS and hate me because I am APPALLED that after FOUR YEARS on a console Kaz himself said is extremely easy to program for, GT Sport is the BEST that Polyphony could do.
And look how many likes my first post has. Enough said. Perhaps all those guys who liked my post are trolling and and stupid like me then? Hahaha.

I think you need medical help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back