The Austra-Manx Photography Grouequep with a rst. Updated 12-11-09 with Cizeta

• Thread starter senamic
  • 22 comments
First update: Cars at night.

My first GIMP edits, an Aston Martin DB9 and a Volkswagen Nardo at night.

Click for full size

Thanks, I was actually clearing up a really bad photo there... From my memory card to a USB= FAIL! So that explains the lump of gaussian Blur.

Okay then, next update. More night pics, but I worked on cleaning up the lines on the 905, and changed the colour of the Renaul 5 Turbo! Also, look closely at the 905's windscreen for the dirt that I ran into over the long race (and of couse, following GIMP work!). Hope they inspire:

Click for Full Size

Both shots look very authentic, but I prefer the 905, because it's very clean and the saturation is great 👍

Nice pic of the 905, really makes it look like a nigh shot of The Ring with the lights and sky in the background.👍

Thanks. I plan to update it with some stars and so on, but I like my 905. I am still learning GIMP, so that is why I recoloured the Renault (always felt the 5 would look good in green). Hope you enjoy these pictures. Next up will be some racing pics.

Thank you Balang, I am still learning GIMP, and yeah, I am finding myself lost. So, practice makes perfect! Also, the 905 was supposed to be taken with a flash, but I only intended to light up the foreground. I am going to edit it so that the background is darker.

New update, a Tourist Trophy pic and a Corvette pic:

TT
I LOVE my Tourist Trophy pic, it is one of my favourite pictures that I have ever taken. Edits include Brightness, Contrast, Crop,Selective Gaussian Blur, and Clone Stamping to get the Mirrors looking okay.
Corvettes
Experimenting with adding from other photos, putting 2 Corvettes in one picture. Dodge used on the wheels to highlight them, and on the front indicators of the black Corvette, apart from that, just the usual brightness/contrast/saturation stuff. Will put smaller previews up when I get back to my computer and its photo-editing tools.

Lachlan

Last edited:
Nice idea for a car,it goes well with the other scenery.

Good work,keep it up!!!!

1st one is my favourite,... car is sharp and going sideways, background blurred - i like :)

I like the first, second, and last shots. I also like the TT pic and the Corvettes, I've yet to try to put two cars in one shot. Keep up the good work.

Okay then, I am going to change my avatar and profile pic soon. So guys, it is up to you all to nominate ideas! Rules are simple:

1 picture must be a Lancia (Currently I have Statos' as my profile pic and avatar)

The other picture must be a Ducati 999R (don't know what it is, try this
picture I made a while back)

Any Lancia is acceptable, please post your ideas for which Lancia/track combo, and which 999R/Track combo you would like to see a set of. Also feel free to post your opinion on which should be the profile pic and which should be the avatar!

In other news, a few unedited and maybe an edited set to come (once photobucket starts working for me again ;))

Happy hunting!

Lachlan

Okay then, here is a preview of what is to come from the Ducati set. I am not going to edit pictures heavily, as shown in this preview. Main changes are just fixing bad jaggies, brightness/contrast work, and colour balance. Enjoy, more to come!

Click for full size

By the way, ideas for Lancia/Circuit combos are still open! Suggest a combo and it may just end up my avatar!

Senamic​

Some unedited shots from a while back (because photobucket isn't letting me upload again)

Third picture can be found here (no small preview uploaded)

Fullsize the pictures, the previews just don't look right!

Lachlan

Back