The Best car for the Dreamcar Championship?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SharoFFenstein
SharoFF
Hi guys!

I am at lvl 23 and have startet to save millions for the Dreamcar Championship at lvl 24 :-) But I am not sure which car I should go for?
I believe that it would be someone like the Citroen GT's I Will Be driving thère, But I am not sure for which one to buy? Like is it really worth it saving 3.6 millions or more for the Racing one instead of the concept or road car? and why?
Somenthing tells mé, that the Racing one got the racing modification preinstalled, But is it really 3.6 million worth? And the car is only lvl 21, which makes mé think that the concept one would be better with a racing modification installed... ?!

No offense, this is just my speculations!

Anyone who got the REAL Experience about this?
And how much more am I going to spend ón the tunning part?

Want a challenge? Try an NSX LM Prototype Race Car with standard Race - Hard tires, buy a GT Auto wing and oil change, and limit yourself to no upgrades outside of adjusting aero, brakes, transmission, etc. -- you'll be chasing Ford GTs, Zondas, and Citroens all day. I forget the cost of the car... around 1 ~ 1.4 million credits?

B-Spec or A-Spec?

anyhow, Dreamcar C'Ship isn't that hard. there are no Super Race Cars like the 787B and alike in it, so it's a tad easier compared to like "Like The Wind" and "GT All Stars". i think i completed it with the ZR-1 RM.

btw, you get the GT Race car from it.. so don't buy it and save you 3.6m credits. ;)

This is easy to do. I just completed the Dream Car championship A-Spec 15 minutes ago and I did it with my ZR-1 Corvette fully tuned with the RM. If you have the Minolta it would be easier but I like a good challenge. If your not that good at driving I dont know what to tell you. I also use the controller not the wheel. just my .02

I completed this with the Race modded Vette also. It was a good challenge. There is one car that is way ahead of the competition and its one of the Jaguars. I mean it finishes like 30 seconds ahead of some cars. This one may give you problems, but other than that it is really fun if you don't overkill. I would also suggest practicing the races before doing the championship. If you're not used to racing Monza, La Sarthe, and the 24 hour Ring in the rain, practice them.

Well there's no restrictions for this event so the answer to your question should be a no brainer.

Any competitive car will win this series... as long as the same crap went down as when I played it: The ENTIRE field pits on the 1st lap to switch to rain tires instead of switching before the race, and THEN for the next race when they don't need them any more they all pit AGAIN to switch back. So SO retarded and made the races WAY too easy with the car I picked - Juan Montoya's NASCAR. Only on the Le Mans course when I got spun 5 FREAKING TIMES on the first lap did I come anywhere close to losing. The Nurb 24h course really threw me in the beginning, though. I just thought it would be the Nordschleife but they had you start on some WEIRD extra portion that I kept confusing with the GP track. I outright steered in the wrong direction and into barriers a couple times... embarrassing!

This series gets you a T.O.N. of cash and experience. Seriously tens of thousands of XP per race, I was floored. Bought an Enzo afterward! :)

Also, victory in this series -whether you've done the rest or not -gets you the end credits... with the Smashing Pumpkins! 👍

@TheROADKRAKEN

1979 ftw! 👍

i'm currently levelling and farming credits on this cup with my 787B. can be won AFK. all you have to do is click start and press O at the end of the race to collect Bob's earnings and XP. :D

@TheROADKRAKEN

1979 ftw! 👍

i'm currently levelling and farming credits on this cup with my 787B. can be won AFK. all you have to do is click start and press O at the end of the race to collect Bob's earnings and XP. :D

Really? My Lvl 21 Bob didn't do quite that well with my Stealth 787B... Finished 6,4,3,4,2 or something like that for 4th overall. Any tricks to setting up the car for Bob in this series?

Really? My Lvl 21 Bob didn't do quite that well with my Stealth 787B... Finished 6,4,3,4,2 or something like that for 4th overall. Any tricks to setting up the car for Bob in this series?

yup. what i have is the non-stealth 787B tho (if there's a difference). i have all settings @ default except ride height @ -20 (F/R). the only things i change depending on the course are gear ratios and tires. i'm using a lv24 bob btw, but that performance isn't that far from 21 imo.

Last edited:
yup. what i have is the non-stealth 787B tho (if there's a difference). i have all settings @ default except ride height @ -20 (F/R). the only things i change depending on the course are gear ratios and tires. i'm using a lv24 bob btw, but that performance isn't that far from 21 imo.

Cool, that is pretty similar to what I have. I did the series this morning in B-Spec, and kept half an eye on it and won all the races easily, except for Tokyo where Bob spun on the last lap, then chased down the lead Pescarolo and passed him on the last corner while he has held up by a corvette.

The B-spec drivers do need some reminders, otherwise they will not push hard enough to pass the quicker cars and stay in front. It isn't a total set and forget series, but it is close.

You should be saving 4.8 million for the Formula GT so you can do that series. And that car is amazing for any other unrestricted race.

Don't you have the Minolta for use in this event? Fit a bigger turbo and change the oil and you have 1040hp. Be sure to use some good tires though, it's touchy in the low speed corners.

Formula one and Formula GT are 2 different cars right? I just wanna be sure before I spend 5 million credits on one. I need this car to help me level up in b-spec mode, must be able to use this car in many events to make it worth it.

Formula one and Formula GT are 2 different cars right? I just wanna be sure before I spend 5 million credits on one. I need this car to help me level up in b-spec mode, must be able to use this car in many events to make it worth it.

are you referring to the ferrari F10 and F2007? if yes, they are different and the ferraris aren't allowed to enter the FGT Championship.

from my post @ another thread
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=137240#post4285312

06122010394.jpg

@radaralert

if you're using this series to grind the credits, take Polyphony Digital Cup instead. PD Cup gives around +700 credits more per minute than Dreamcar C'Ship. Dreamcar has better XP payout tho, something like +50% over PD Cup.

Last edited:
I'm stuck waiting for a Formula car myself, I had a race car buying addiction. Every time I got around 5 million a new race car would pop up in the shop. There is a GT-R1 '98 calling my name as I type this.

I own about 10 different race cars, and I earned them the old fashioned way.

I love them all (the cheap Lambo Nomad isn't too fast but I do need to rebuild it's engine.)

My Bob has farmed the Dream Car with these cars:
Peugeot 905'
Nissan R89C
Nissan R92CP
Nissan R390 GT-1
Peugeot 905 Race Car

My cars that I love to drive:

Peugeot 908 HDi FAP – Team Oreca
Audi R10 TDI Race Car
1970 Ford Mustang Trans-Cammer (Once I saw it I had to have it)
Nissan SKYLINE GT-R V·spec II Nür

the FGT is the best for the series, and later when you get the X1 it's great to farm credits FAST. I'm going to eventually have every premium car with full aero kits, colored wheels and such. I want every car in the game.

You don't even need to buy a car for this at all

I used my Toyota Minolta that I won in the "Like The Wind" series

Tune tranny and max out downforce for corners - Pit correctly

Beat it first try golds A/B Spec

the FGT is the best for the series, and later when you get the X1 it's great to farm credits FAST. I'm going to eventually have every premium car with full aero kits, colored wheels and such. I want every car in the game.

let me know when you get there :)

With a good tune you can easily win it with the Minolta Toyota Race Car '89 that you won in the 'Like the Wind' series. That's how I won it.

JoRdY105
I completed the dream car and didn't get a gt?

Did you do it in order? With the championship? Or did you individually select races? Because you can only receive the prize if you won the championship.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back