The best car on the world for you (your opinion is never wrong)

• Thread starter xR3
  • 23 comments

xR3

Scotland
Scotland
xR3acTiiioNzZ-X
Whats the best car in the world for you and why. Note your own opinion is never wrong, its your own personal choice.
Mine would have to be the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX MR Edition because it looks so good and drives like a god. The tweaked suspension on the MR Edition (no it doesnt mean this car has a mid engine and is RWD) is better than in the standard Evo IX cars which means better breaking, better handling and better cornering. The MR also has better breaks fitted and a couple of other tweaked parts to improve engine response a lot better than the original Evo IX. I also own this car (my dream car also) and i can easily tell you its an all round great car.

C6 Corvette (base). It has a truly endearing personality and that swooping body is just gorgeous.

You can drive it hard and not worry about things like scraping the splitter off and parts are easy to come by and relatively affordable.
It's also fairly rugged for a sports car, and dosent consume oil like it's european/japanese rivals.

The car itself is also within the realm of working class stiffs. Power to the people and all.
Good handling out of the box and lots of potential for upgrades too. And the V8 is just so mean sounding, ideal mix of induction and exhaust rumble.

And on top of all that performance and fun, it's still a Vette, which means, big cabin and boot, dual-zone climate, keyless-go, and 30mpg on the highway.

Sure it's interior isn't up to snuff for a car that cost $47k brand new (especially seats), but it's not exactly bad/unacceptable and it works alright.
I can appreciate luxury (recently sat in a 997 with the full leather package, very impressed) but honestly I dont fondle the door trim much lol.

Last edited:
BMW M3 CSL

Dads got one and its just stunning, the performance is one thing, but its the fact that its BMW doing what they do best, you can just tell that they love cars.

The seats are almost perfect, I can't think of any way to improve them they really do hug you and keep you in place.

I think the term 'road-racer' gets used too much so try to avoid the term but honestly this really does feel like it would happily do a race and be at the front of the pack then drive home again, everything about it is focused towards lowering lap time.

To sum up I feel like its M division at there world beating best and shows what they can do when to reins are loosened a bit.

Audi R8 V8.

The ultimate expression of Quattro. I'd take it over a 911 or NSX any day.

Accessible performance from a low slung supercar makes it more useable than a Ferrari.

Interior build quality is superb as it is on most Audi models and it is fairly practical for a performance flagship.

The noise is simply epic and it looks sensational particularly in a dark blue with carbon sideblades.

I'll also get to experience driving an R8 on an upcoming supercar driving day in April.

It's a difficult decision for me, there's so many cars that I love and they all have very distinct pros and cons compared to each other.

However, there is one that kinda shines above the rest.

Every couple of days I go through a phase of "if I win the lottery, I'm going to buy 'x'" and almost every time up until this car's release it was the Nissan R35 GT-R. However when the pics and then the reviews started trickling out, I just started ogling over the 2013 SRT Viper GTS. Great big V10, manual gearbox in the middle, drive going to the back, it looks the goods, it sounds the goods, it GOES the goods, and I just want one so badly even though it's probably quite impractical and they're not readily available in Australia.

01-2013-srt-viper-gts-launch-edition628opt.jpg

The best car in the world in MY opinion?

MY 240SX.

240SX by 〄 Reece M, on Flickr
(yes I know she's dirty :( )

There's something about this car, THIS car. I love it so much. Just thinking about it gets me all giddy and excited. I might even love it almost as much as I loved my MR2.

(secretsecret time) I've been dealing with some depression issues recently, blah blah sappy sappy. This car has helped me a bunch, and it has made me happier than ever. I love it. I honestly have no desire to EVER part with this car.

Yeah, I'm going to be the guy that says the Bugatti Veyron. It pushes all the right buttons for me...it's something I would only ever fantasize about, made real.

The new Vanquish. Prior to it's unveiling, I would have said it would have been any number of older Aston's. To me, they are just the best cars on the road today. Power, Beauty, and Soul.

The new vanquish is the perfect expression of a GT car made real. Some of the most beautiful curves, complimented with the right materials, and the raw power to propel it right along. Then the incredible comfort of an interior that took 70 hours to produce, and you have the perfect car.

tumblrmhnza9szvz1r1bm0b.jpg

Alot of the can be said of any Aston, really.

C6 ZR1

Love the shape of the c6 (as well as the new c7)
And with the supercharged ls9 there is more than enough power

My dad has a hsv with the ls3 and i would love to what hsv would do if they could use the ls9

Hired a Z06 for a day when I was in the us and it was probably the best day of the holiday

The new Pagani Huayra is just beautiful. Very light and fast as well. The body is made from a mixture of carbon fibre and titanium.

Gotta go with the STI. Preferably the 2004. :)

It's the perfect car to me. It's an exhilarating and fun car to drive, I can drive it daily and in any weather conditions, and it sounds like no other car. I can even be competitive at the track if I ever tracked it. Not bad for a sub $20,000 Japanese car with 4 cylinders.

'02-ish style of a Honda/Acura NSX in metallic royal blue 👍

5608Type-R_project_-_461.jpg

Jerome

Yes it does, the level of finish is absurdly high and the carbon work is perfect. Nice place to be. 👍
Also dont even get me started on the part aluminium part carbon-fiber hood prop. :lol:

It's a very hard choice but I would pick the Nissan GTR Black Edition. It's a all round car. It's price is amazing bcuz it can beat a ferrari. It has 4 wheel drive which gives it the extra push in corners and drag races. All GTR's can be raced on dirt or snow. I had bought one with like 510hp and now it's fully upgraded, I have 810hp. More than a lambo,more than any ferrari. It's amazing what you can get for around 100k.

Well, I guess statue of limitations would bring me to a 1970 Firebird. Mostly for nostalgia from when I was a kid, having my father owned one. I don't know much about it, but I know he would take it to the local track about 20 minutes away and do laps.

70firebird400.jpg

Back