The Best Films EvAr Poll!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Famine
  • 17 comments
  • 732 views

Best Film Ever? (THREE options only please)


  • Total voters
    26
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
Messages
92,431
United Kingdom
Rule 12
Messages
GTP_Famine
Just like in the worst films thread, you've been a-nominating, and here are the results. Pick the THREE

(that's PICK THE THREE)

films on the list you rate as the best of the best. And for heaven's sakes, don't just pick films you've heard are good. At least try to have watched them...

I can't be (bothered) to do all the typing I did in the other thread... So, with no further ado...

Ladies and germs, place your votes!
 
The Matrix
T2
BTTF
 
'Tis a public poll... I KNOW what you've voted for... :D

I'm surprised that The Hunt for Red October (which I love) or the Shawshank Redemption (which I hate) didn't get in there, given the presence of Snatch and Vanilla Sky...
 
First two choices were easy for me(Se7en&SevenSamurai), but the third choice took a while(StarWars V). Back To The Future, Matrix and Saving Private Ryan came really close!
 
Voted for Saving Private Ryan, Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail, and Billy Madison.

I'm very surprised that The Shawshank Redemption missed the cut.
 
I voted for some Peter Jackson and both Tarantino flicks. 👍
 
LOTR:Return of the King, Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back, and Raiders of the Lost Ark got my vote(s). There's simply too many great films and half of them aren't in that list.
 
I voted 'Snatch' as I thought it was great. Admitadley abit slow on the start but other than that the only fault was Brad Pitts Irish accent. Which was atleast comical.

"Whats in the car?"
"Two seats and a steering wheel."
 
I had trouble picking between Ronin and Snatch for my third choice. I picked Snatch because of the humour, however Ronin was a good movie.

Also, I'm wondering why people picked The Godfather: Part 1 over The Godfather: Part 2? I mean, both are great movies (I picked The Godfather: Part 1), but number 2 was a bit better in my opinion, with Bobby De Niro playing an outstanding part, Al Pacino at his best, and the story being more exciting. But oh well.
 
This list is evil. Well I choose some, sorry scarface :(
 
Yeah, I guess I should've paid more attention when nominating.

However, this list is pretty good. I really liked Ocean's 11. Mainly because of the soundtrack and the character of Danny Ocean is just perfect for Clooney(so many roles aren't since clooney is the same character in ALL roles).

Famine....how about a favorite Trilogy or series thread?
 
Well, I chose my three favorites (Star Wars, Godfather, and Usual Suspects), because they have proven "staying power". As for Lord of the Rings and Memento, I enjoyed them fully, I can't yet tell if it's going to pass the test of time. So I went with my favorites that I've seen over 5 years ago...Get back with me in a few years!

I want to give The Holy Grail a nod, but I've told about 100 people to watch The Usual Suspects; so far, only one person told me they absolutely disliked it. And you just can't go suggesting the Holy Grail to just any 'ol so-called sane person...
 
90% of the list is comprised of complete dreck... So I had to give it to the only films that have any kind of merit...

Seven
Seven Samurai
The Usual Suspects

Although, these films I wouldn't say are the best... Good, but not the best by any stretch of the imagination...

the only fault was Brad Pitts Irish accent

I was born and raised in Ireland until I was nearly 9 years old... I can honestly say, he did a fantastic job of emulating the Shannon River Gypsy accent... It's not even so much the accent that confuses people as much as the use of Gypsy slang...



;)
 
I thought Brad Pitt did an excellent job with the Irish accent. My parents have Irish friends, and they all said it was a very good job. Brad Pitt is a good actor, like it or not.
 
Jimmy Enslashay
Brad Pitt is a good actor, like it or not.
Agreed. He's probably one of Hollywood's most underrated actors.
 
Agreed. The whole "Hollywood stud" thing overshadows his acting abilities, which is typical Hollywood for you.
 
Our official polls say The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King is the best film ever made, winning by a reasonable margin from Star Wars V: The Empire Strikes Back and The Godfather: Part I a close third...

Thanks for playing, everyone :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back