The best LMPs/LMP2s/Group Cs to collect?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Techy
  • 23 comments
  • 2,270 views
Messages
6,776
United States
Florida
Messages
gtamann123
Hello fellow community,

I decided to try to collect every last LMP/LMP2/Group C race car that is available in the game. However, I have the slightest know-how of which race car is the best in terms of performance, speed, etc. Basically, what are the race cars that should be in the lookout for while cycling through the UCD?

I already have the Pescarolo Judd GV5, the Audi R10 TDI, and Toyota GT-One so don't suggest those.
 
Buy anything that says "race car"! Here are the ones in the same performance range as those you mentioned.

- Audi R8 Race Car '01
- Audi R8 Race Car (Audi Team Playstation ORECA) '05
- Bentley Speed 8 Race Car '03
- BMW V12 LMR Race Car '99
- Jaguar XJR-9 LM Race Car '88
- Mazda 787B Race Car '91
- AMG Mercedes CLK-LM Race Car '98
- Sauber Mercedes C9 Race Car '89
- Nissan R390 GT1 Race Car '98 (and the road car version)
- Nissan R89C Race Car '89
- Nissan R92CP Race Car '92
- Pescarolo Sport Courage C60 - Peugeot Race Car '03
- Pescarolo Sport Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd Race Car '05
- Peugeot 905 Race Car '92
- Peugeot 908 HDi FAP

The very best are the GT-ONE, Nissan R89C Race Car '89 and Audi R8 Race Car '01 (this one corners best). The BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97 is another very rare one but not quite as good as the above. I have all of these except the Peugeot 905. But just go for them all. See my garage link for more race cars. :)
 
Last edited:
In no particular order..

Audi R8 01
Bentley Speed 8
Sauber c9
Mazda 787B
Peugeot 905

Those are some must have's i'd say.
 
Thanks boredgunner for the list! This is what I needed! I guess I have a lot of grinding/UCD cycling to do :grumpy: But It'll be worth it for the most part :)
 
Thanks boredgunner for the list! This is what I needed! I guess I have a lot of grinding/UCD cycling to do :grumpy: But It'll be worth it for the most part :)
Thats the spirit 👍.

I have all of them, some are better than others though.
 
Thanks boredgunner for the list! This is what I needed! I guess I have a lot of grinding/UCD cycling to do :grumpy: But It'll be worth it for the most part :)

Well, cycling through the UCD is easy. Just go into a event start the race and exit the race (Without exiting the race menu), and repeat another 4 times to cycle through the UCD.

I'd also say the 905 should be at the top of your list, 920HP, 750kg, 6 speed transmission. It's an insane car.
 
How good is the three Perscalo cars. Are they better to drive or faster than things like the Audi R8 race car or Peugoet 908 HDI.
 
Don't forget the Toyota Minolta (you win it early on).... that's quite a beast.
 
How good is the three Perscalo cars. Are they better to drive or faster than things like the Audi R8 race car or Peugoet 908 HDI.
I have the 2004 Pescarolo. It understeers with the default setup. I get about the same lap times as the Toyota GT-One with it, but if you're too aggressive the steering, you'll spend more time fighting the car than anything else. The R8 is much better.
 
How good is the three Perscalo cars. Are they better to drive or faster than things like the Audi R8 race car or Peugoet 908 HDI.

The pescarolos are disappointing. The best one is probably the pescarolo Peugeot lmp.
 
If you wanna get the Furai as well, that's kind of an LMP-road car hybrid.
 
How good is the three Perscalo cars. Are they better to drive or faster than things like the Audi R8 race car or Peugoet 908 HDI.

They're not as good as the ones you mentioned. The '04 and '05 understeer considerably on high speed turns like Superspeedways, while the '03 one does not but performs like the Audi R10 (looking at my lap times).

Good call C-ZETA. The Mazda Furai Concept is also easily obtained - from the B-Spec roadster race. :)
 
All of them, duh. :D
 
Quick question: I'm currently running the 24 hours of Le Mans with 3 Bobs and I already know the car you win is the Toyota GT-ONE Race Car. Is this car a good LMP car?
 
Yes it is. The GT-ONE is great:
1293592939.gif
 
Quick question: I'm currently running the 24 hours of Le Mans with 3 Bobs and I already know the car you win is the Toyota GT-ONE Race Car. Is this car a good LMP car?

Yes it's in my top 3 along with the '01 Audi R8 Race Car and Nissan R89C Race Car '89.
 
Yes it is. The GT-ONE is great:
<Image here>

You do know I already have the car ;) Yes, It is a very nice LMP. A well balanced one, I might add.
 
Buy anything that says "race car"! Here are the ones in the same performance range as those you mentioned.

- Audi R8 Race Car '01
- Audi R8 Race Car (Audi Team Playstation ORECA) '05
- Bentley Speed 8 Race Car '03
- BMW V12 LMR Race Car '99
- Jaguar XJR-9 LM Race Car '88
- Mazda 787B Race Car '91
- AMG Mercedes CLK-LM Race Car '98
- Sauber Mercedes C9 Race Car '89
- Nissan R390 GT1 Race Car '98 (and the road car version)
- Nissan R89C Race Car '89
- Nissan R92CP Race Car '92
- Pescarolo Sport Courage C60 - Peugeot Race Car '03
- Pescarolo Sport Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd Race Car '05
- Peugeot 905 Race Car '92
- Peugeot 908 HDi FAP

The very best are the GT-ONE, Nissan R89C Race Car '89 and Audi R8 Race Car '01 (this one corners best). The BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car '97 is another very rare one but not quite as good as the above. I have all of these except the Peugeot 905. But just go for them all. See my garage link for more race cars. :)

I have all of them, including the different color/numbers of the ones there are more than one of.

That list left out the '04 Pescarolo. If you are planning on collecting them all you need to know that there are actually 6 Pescarolos, 2 Audi R8 Race Car '01s, 2 Audi R8 Race Car '05s, and 2 Peugeot 908s.
 
R8 Race Car '01, Bentley Speed 8, and Peugeot 908
 
I have all of them, including the different color/numbers of the ones there are more than one of.

That list left out the '04 Pescarolo. If you are planning on collecting them all you need to know that there are actually 6 Pescarolos, 2 Audi R8 Race Car '01s, 2 Audi R8 Race Car '05s, and 2 Peugeot 908s.

As far as I known, there are 3 Audi R8 Race Cars
The Red #1, the Blue #4 and the Yellow #2 and maybe there will be a fourth one too?

The different colors are at the top (roll-bars).
 
I have all of them, including the different color/numbers of the ones there are more than one of.

That list left out the '04 Pescarolo. If you are planning on collecting them all you need to know that there are actually 6 Pescarolos, 2 Audi R8 Race Car '01s, 2 Audi R8 Race Car '05s, and 2 Peugeot 908s.

Thank you!
 
I have all of them, including the different color/numbers of the ones there are more than one of.

That list left out the '04 Pescarolo. If you are planning on collecting them all you need to know that there are actually 6 Pescarolos, 2 Audi R8 Race Car '01s, 2 Audi R8 Race Car '05s, and 2 Peugeot 908s.

I left out the '04 Pescarolo because the OP has one already. According to mygranturismo.net there is only one Audi R8 Race Car '05 (Team Playstation), but there are many Audi R8 LMS Race Cars (Team Playstation and regular colored ones). What six Pescarolos are there?
 
Back