The best online races you've had.

  • Thread starter Thread starter RoadRocket77
  • 8 comments
  • 1,012 views
Messages
283
United States
California
Messages
RoadRocket77
I want to share a few of the best online races I've ever had.

I was in a friend's lobby running on Laguna Seca at 550 pp. I was using my RX-8 type S.
The race was 5 laps no assists. The race starts and the top 3 slots are between My RX-8, a CTR2 and a GTR. I was in 3rd and the CTR2 was in 1st.
Over the course of 5 laps, We change position a few times due to penalties, wipeouts, etc.
On the last lap, the racing gets very competitive, all 3 cars within one second of each other. After the corkscrew, I had 1st, but on the last corner, The GTR passed me, the CTR2 was beside me.
At the finish line, the CTR2 barely took 2nd... dropping me to 3rd.:banghead:
The final time showed that ALL 3 cars were within .400 seconds of each other. That was the closest online race I've ever finished. Even though I lost, it was some of the best racing I've ever had.
 
It's true, you don't always have to win to have a great night. Last night was a highlight for me, 450pp road cars sports tyres. Full 5 laps of London with no contact at all between top 3 cars. I finished 3rd all within 2 seconds and not one touch between us.
 
Yeah, but I think I should've beaten the GTR at least...
 
Had one of these races just a couple of weeks ago, a Shuffle race on the 'ring 24hr layout 2 laps. Using a RS4, i'm guessing the boost was on full because it was so close, a little bit of panel rubbing (as is expected of course), following close to the other cars, anyone of the top 7 cars could of of won it it was that close, coming onto that last long straight me and another guy had built up a little lead, as were going flatout down the straight at 250kph, him in a R34 GT-R when somebody tries a last ditch passing manuover on the grass, causing a slight loss of momentum for the other two, with me getting away easy.....but the part I can never get right is coming up, those last corners for the lap, somehow manage to slide my way through it and end up winning by under a second, still remembered to save the replay though :)
 
At the finish line, the CTR2 barely took 2nd... dropping me to 3rd.:banghead:

The CTR2's straight line speed is out of this world :O

Most of my best races end up on youtube (check out my sig) but this one I didn't bother to record.

The race was at Nordschleife and I was trying out the Integra R for the first time (don't really race FFs) and was amazed at it's cornering ablity as well as its speed. I took second by the time we reached Schwedenkreuz, but just as I passed the lead car, he spun out and hit the back corner of my car sending me to the grass. This dropped me all the way to last (or second to last, the back of the pack anyway).

I didn't give up, as I knew the car had so much potential. I was overtaking people all the time, slowly climbing up the ladder but I knew getting to the podium would be difficult as 1st and 2nd place were kept by people I know are very fast.

By the time we reached Bergwerk and the subsequent straight, I was within sight of the top two cars, and was in hot pursuit with my VTEC power on the straight. By the time we had passed the carousel I had overtaken the third place car and was now in second, but the leader wasn't giving up his position easily.

This is where the car started to really shine. Usually I like driving really loose cars because they offer great driving pleasure in every corner, but really stable cars are a real treat when overtaking because it means you can really try every trick in the book and really put pressure on your opponent because you know you're not going to spin.

I was really going for it, got alongside but the leader got the inside line so I couldn't make it stick. We made slight side-to-side contact but no-one lost any momentum. I tried again next corner, slowly creeping up his door but again, I was on the wrong side and he managed to hold his position.

After such intense battling I think I lost my cool a bit and pushed too hard and went wide to the grass a bit (also inexperience with FFs came into play) and lost a fair bit of momentum. This meant the third place car (who had followed our battle with a front-row seat all the way) got alongside me and passed me in the next corner. Now I was really furious with myself for doing that mistake, but I thought the best thing I can do is to hold the distance to the other two and try a pass if a gap opens.

Eventually we were approaching the final straight and in the last corner before the straight I overtook the third place car and set off in a dragrace against the first place driver. None of us were drafting because we wanted to see the difference between the cars and this is when VTEC actually didn't kick in 'yo, as the first place car was pulling away from me. I was getting quite nervous but knew I had a good chance of catching him in the final corners.

And so I did! In the last couple corners I made up maybe 10 metres and when we finally turned to the final straight before the finish line we were neck to neck! We crossed the line, and even the game couldn't decide which one of us won. The place at the top of the list changed three times until eventually it showed him on top, but me +00.000 behind.

I guess it was a draw. :lol:
 
Seems that other people are also enjoying for good races.

But I was hosting a lobby and decided that now there will be a serious race.

- around 530pp, Touring/Racing cars
- Nürburgring 24h track
- 10 laps

10 cars started at the beginning, unfortunately only 4 did finnish.
I was driving Honda CR-Z TC with a big turbo around 300hp and I was surprised how much I liked it. It was easy to drive and very little understeer for FF car.
I was 3rd in the end, before me was a (cusco?) subaru, FTO Touring car.
But the subaru won with over 5 min gap between me.

The race lasted about 1.5h and the winner hit the jackpot ;) (over 600,000 cr,-)
I did get over 300,000 even I was third.

But really nice race overall.
 
Last night we were racing DTM cars at 630PP. The last race we did was at Spa. Me and another guy in the room pulled away from the field running 2:06 laps consistently. The race came down to the last corner where he just edged me by .03. That was definately a really good race.
 
OK8
The CTR2's straight line speed is out of this world :O

Most of my best races end up on youtube (check out my sig) but this one I didn't bother to record.

The race was at Nordschleife and I was trying out the Integra R for the first time (don't really race FFs) and was amazed at it's cornering ablity as well as its speed. I took second by the time we reached Schwedenkreuz, but just as I passed the lead car, he spun out and hit the back corner of my car sending me to the grass. This dropped me all the way to last (or second to last, the back of the pack anyway).

I didn't give up, as I knew the car had so much potential. I was overtaking people all the time, slowly climbing up the ladder but I knew getting to the podium would be difficult as 1st and 2nd place were kept by people I know are very fast.

By the time we reached Bergwerk and the subsequent straight, I was within sight of the top two cars, and was in hot pursuit with my VTEC power on the straight. By the time we had passed the carousel I had overtaken the third place car and was now in second, but the leader wasn't giving up his position easily.

This is where the car started to really shine. Usually I like driving really loose cars because they offer great driving pleasure in every corner, but really stable cars are a real treat when overtaking because it means you can really try every trick in the book and really put pressure on your opponent because you know you're not going to spin.

I was really going for it, got alongside but the leader got the inside line so I couldn't make it stick. We made slight side-to-side contact but no-one lost any momentum. I tried again next corner, slowly creeping up his door but again, I was on the wrong side and he managed to hold his position.

After such intense battling I think I lost my cool a bit and pushed too hard and went wide to the grass a bit (also inexperience with FFs came into play) and lost a fair bit of momentum. This meant the third place car (who had followed our battle with a front-row seat all the way) got alongside me and passed me in the next corner. Now I was really furious with myself for doing that mistake, but I thought the best thing I can do is to hold the distance to the other two and try a pass if a gap opens.

Eventually we were approaching the final straight and in the last corner before the straight I overtook the third place car and set off in a dragrace against the first place driver. None of us were drafting because we wanted to see the difference between the cars and this is when VTEC actually didn't kick in 'yo, as the first place car was pulling away from me. I was getting quite nervous but knew I had a good chance of catching him in the final corners.

And so I did! In the last couple corners I made up maybe 10 metres and when we finally turned to the final straight before the finish line we were neck to neck! We crossed the line, and even the game couldn't decide which one of us won. The place at the top of the list changed three times until eventually it showed him on top, but me +00.000 behind.

I guess it was a draw. :lol:

NICE, I've NEVER seen a race end like that with a 0.0 for the split time. If you didn't have it already, you should've unlocked the "within one hundredth" trophy for that race.
 
I'm still new to GT5 online racing, but i had one race to remember in a shuffle lobby already.
Track was Nordschleife 24h, cars were arboud PP400, i got Pontiac Solstice (didn't tune gears at all), others some little bit faster, but heavier, like Lancer or NSX. Took me first half of lap to get used to the car, so i dropped from 1st to last, 8th i think), thanks to one offtrack. Then i started picking them up one by one, until i got up to 3rd before the last long straight. There came that moment, where you can just sit and watch them fly past you, as i sat on 203 kph limiter, while they were doing over 240 easily. 4 of them got me, but luckily for me, they crashed in last chicane before finish, so i picked 2 places back. Fun times! :)

OK8: Nice! That should have extra trophy for draw finish. :D
 
Back