The best race I ever had.

• Thread starter Com Fox
  • 2 comments
Australia
Central Coast, NSW
EelX 5
As some of you know, I have left the GT franchise. It just hasn't gave me any spark with GT6, however despite this I did have some great memories with GT6.

One of the best racing I had on the PS3 GTs was with the GTP Rolex/United Racing Series hosted by @polarbear345 , this series didn't just give me a reason to play GT6. It made me a better racer and a better person. At the very start of myself joining the series, I was whiny and very slow but eventually I got a little bit faster and started to accept where I was in the GTP Racing Food-Chain and tried my best to improve. While I didn't win any races during Seasons 4-5. Season 6 (the final Season too) started a turning point, I was able to keep up with several of the GT drivers and was able to have some fantastic racing, despite the fact I didn't win any race until the final ever race of the series.

It was intense, it was an excellent way to end such a series. It was filled with Pit Strategy and Battles and with some luck, I was able to pull through and actually win :).

Here is the full story, everyone who participated is a member of GTP:

Starting Grid (41 Laps):

1st: (P) @Rich S - Deltawing
2nd: (P) @M0NSTER97 - Deltawing
3rd: (P) @MatheusBond - Deltawing
4th: (GT) @Turbo_snail - BMW
5th: (GT) @cnd01 - Mercedes
6th: (GT) @RESHIRAM5 - Audi
7th: (GT) @tbwhhs - Nissan
8th: (GT) @polarbear345 - Audi

Warm-up Lap:
The P Cars and the GT Cars start to separate as we begin our warm-up, I'm chilling in the middle of the pack, I know that pace-wise I am not that quick so the only way I could get a close race was to be consistent and play smart with the mandatory pit stop.

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.jpg

We then crossed the line to begin our race, we were pretty packed coming into the first corner
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_1.jpg
I was able to actually make the Jump and take a breath of 2nd Place coming out of the first corner. However, I eventually dropped back to 3rd.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_2.jpg

To my surprise, I was keeping a halfway decent pace and staying in 3rd Place and was pretty close being Turbo, which was actually foreshadowing our clash.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_3.jpg

Eventually though, polar got me and dropped back to 4th, at this time the P cars were coming to lap us so now we have to deal with traffic.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_4.jpg

However, I was able to get back 3rd due a mistake made by polar, everyone in GT made a lot of mistakes since we were in GT3 cars, and they weren't the best of cars at the time of this race. On Lap 11, I decided to activate my Pit Strategy and pit when we had 30 Laps to go. I figured pitting earlier would be a good move, especially of a possibility of a Safety Car. I only lost 1 position which I thought was good enough.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_5.jpg

Thankfully, I was right, on Lap 13 a safety car caution came around.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_6.jpg

Turbo decided to come in, putting me into 3rd and with the 2 guys in front of me yet to pit. I thought I was in a good position.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_7.jpg

The race was restarted, and now I have to watch out for Turbo since we both are the only drivers in GT that have pitted.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_8.jpg

Sadly I lost my position to Turbo, but near the end of the lap a crash occurred with Turbo and tbwhhs making a 2nd Safety Car Caution.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_9.jpg

Now I have a 2nd Chance for my plan to work, since polar and cnd haven't pitted yet. I am in a good position to take the lead.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_10.jpg

cnd and tbwhhs decide to pit during the caution which could've been a problem since cnd has been really fast today. Turbo also pitted for a 2nd time, meaning I have to deal with someone on fresh tyres again. So now my target was a 2nd Place.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_11.jpg

Though I huge twist happened, which is rather unfortunate for cnd, as he disconnected from the server. I honestly believe that if he didn't disconnect, he would've won.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_12.jpg

The race restarted and since he is more fresh than I am, Turbo overtakes me with ease.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_13.jpg
I wasn't willing to quit right now, as I thought victory could actually be possible so I tried my best to keep up.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_14.jpg

and what did you know, I was able to overtake for 1st place :). (I honestly forgot how polar got behind us)
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_15.jpg

I was able to get some breather after Turbo went to wide allowing polar to overtake him.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_16.jpg

This lead to be an Audi 1-2 for awhile, with polar coming at me very fast.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_17.jpg

Since polar has yet to pit, I let him overtake me so I won't risk messing up both us for no good reason.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_18.jpg

Despite this, I had to push hard as Turbo was creeping up behind me.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_19.jpg

On Lap 30, polar made his pit stop leaving the final 10 laps to be a fight between Turbo and I. 2 Australians battling it out. BMW vs. Audi.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_20.jpg

After every single corner, he kept getting closer to me. I was sweating every time I looked back.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_21.jpg

and eventually, he got me.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_22.jpg

However, I wasn't giving up on my first ever win on GTP
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_23.jpg

He wasn't giving in, either. We both wanted to win badly.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_24.jpg

Every time one of us made a mistake and lost a few seconds, we eventually catch up and are brought back into the action.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_25.jpg
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_26.jpg

Eventually though, Turbo pulled away, my chances of winning looked to be over so I decided to get comfortable until, Turbo made another mistake, this time though. It was on him and not the car.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_27.jpg

He thought the race was over so he skid out on the finish line, allowing myself to take advantage of the situation and storm into 1st Place.

What I didn't notice though, was that polar was actually creeping up behind us as we were fighting and was actually going faster than both of us.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_28.jpg

polar actually got pretty close to both of us and was ready to pounce on Turbo but Turbo had trouble controlling his car and accidentally slammed polar into the wall, causing Turbo to be DQ from the race results.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_31.jpg

While I picked up my very first win, in what was an epic fight.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_30.jpg

I wish to thank the entire GTP Rolex/United crew for this fantastic race I had :cheers: and I'm sure others had fun.​

Attachments

• Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_29.jpg
    Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_29.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 29
As some of you know, I have left the GT franchise. It just hasn't gave me any spark with GT6, however despite this I did have some great memories with GT6.

One of the best racing I had on the PS3 GTs was with the GTP Rolex/United Racing Series hosted by @polarbear345 , this series didn't just give me a reason to play GT6. It made me a better racer and a better person. At the very start of myself joining the series, I was whiny and very slow but eventually I got a little bit faster and started to accept where I was in the GTP Racing Food-Chain and tried my best to improve. While I didn't win any races during Seasons 4-5. Season 6 (the final Season too) started a turning point, I was able to keep up with several of the GT drivers and was able to have some fantastic racing, despite the fact I didn't win any race until the final ever race of the series.

It was intense, it was an excellent way to end such a series. It was filled with Pit Strategy and Battles and with some luck, I was able to pull through and actually win :).

Here is the full story, everyone who participated is a member of GTP:

Starting Grid (41 Laps):

1st: (P) @Rich S - Deltawing
2nd: (P) @M0NSTER97 - Deltawing
3rd: (P) @MatheusBond - Deltawing
4th: (GT) @Turbo_snail - BMW
5th: (GT) @cnd01 - Mercedes
6th: (GT) @RESHIRAM5 - Audi
7th: (GT) @tbwhhs - Nissan
8th: (GT) @polarbear345 - Audi

Warm-up Lap:
The P Cars and the GT Cars start to separate as we begin our warm-up, I'm chilling in the middle of the pack, I know that pace-wise I am not that quick so the only way I could get a close race was to be consistent and play smart with the mandatory pit stop.

View attachment 472015
We then crossed the line to begin our race, we were pretty packed coming into the first corner
View attachment 472016 I was able to actually make the Jump and take a breath of 2nd Place coming out of the first corner. However, I eventually dropped back to 3rd.
View attachment 472017

To my surprise, I was keeping a halfway decent pace and staying in 3rd Place and was pretty close being Turbo, which was actually foreshadowing our clash.
View attachment 472018

Eventually though, polar got me and dropped back to 4th, at this time the P cars were coming to lap us so now we have to deal with traffic.
View attachment 472019

However, I was able to get back 3rd due a mistake made by polar, everyone in GT made a lot of mistakes since we were in GT3 cars, and they weren't the best of cars at the time of this race. On Lap 11, I decided to activate my Pit Strategy and pit when we had 30 Laps to go. I figured pitting earlier would be a good move, especially of a possibility of a Safety Car. I only lost 1 position which I thought was good enough.
View attachment 472020
Thankfully, I was right, on Lap 13 a safety car caution came around.
View attachment 472021

Turbo decided to come in, putting me into 3rd and with the 2 guys in front of me yet to pit. I thought I was in a good position.
View attachment 472022

The race was restarted, and now I have to watch out for Turbo since we both are the only drivers in GT that have pitted.
View attachment 472023

Sadly I lost my position to Turbo, but near the end of the lap a crash occurred with Turbo and tbwhhs making a 2nd Safety Car Caution.
View attachment 472024

Now I have a 2nd Chance for my plan to work, since polar and cnd haven't pitted yet. I am in a good position to take the lead.
View attachment 472025

cnd and tbwhhs decide to pit during the caution which could've been a problem since cnd has been really fast today. Turbo also pitted for a 2nd time, meaning I have to deal with someone on fresh tyres again. So now my target was a 2nd Place.
View attachment 472026
Though I huge twist happened, which is rather unfortunate for cnd, as he disconnected from the server. I honestly believe that if he didn't disconnect, he would've won.
View attachment 472027

The race restarted and since he is more fresh than I am, Turbo overtakes me with ease.
View attachment 472028 I wasn't willing to quit right now, as I thought victory could actually be possible so I tried my best to keep up.
View attachment 472029

and what did you know, I was able to overtake for 1st place :). (I honestly forgot how polar got behind us)
View attachment 472030

I was able to get some breather after Turbo went to wide allowing polar to overtake him.
View attachment 472031

This lead to be an Audi 1-2 for awhile, with polar coming at me very fast.
View attachment 472032
Since polar has yet to pit, I let him overtake me so I won't risk messing up both us for no good reason.
View attachment 472033

Despite this, I had to push hard as Turbo was creeping up behind me.
View attachment 472034

On Lap 30, polar made his pit stop leaving the final 10 laps to be a fight between Turbo and I. 2 Australians battling it out. BMW vs. Audi.
View attachment 472035

After every single corner, he kept getting closer to me. I was sweating every time I looked back.
View attachment 472036

and eventually, he got me.
View attachment 472037
However, I wasn't giving up on my first ever win on GTP
View attachment 472038

He wasn't giving in, either. We both wanted to win badly.
View attachment 472039

Every time one of us made a mistake and lost a few seconds, we eventually catch up and are brought back into the action.
View attachment 472040 View attachment 472041

Eventually though, Turbo pulled away, my chances of winning looked to be over so I decided to get comfortable until, Turbo made another mistake, this time though. It was on him and not the car.
View attachment 472042
He thought the race was over so he skid out on the finish line, allowing myself to take advantage of the situation and storm into 1st Place.

What I didn't notice though, was that polar was actually creeping up behind us as we were fighting and was actually going faster than both of us.
View attachment 472043

polar actually got pretty close to both of us and was ready to pounce on Turbo but Turbo had trouble controlling his car and accidentally slammed polar into the wall, causing Turbo to be DQ from the race results.
View attachment 472047

While I picked up my very first win, in what was an epic fight.
View attachment 472045

I wish to thank the entire GTP Rolex/United crew for this fantastic race I had :cheers: and I'm sure others had fun.​
Terrible memories :mad::lol:

I was trash on that race, and basically the whole series too. I had two chances at winning in Motegi and Willow Springs, but the DW was twitchy as hell and any sudden movement set it off. I've never been so pissed off at a car.

Back