The best way to have pics as desktop background

• Thread starter katpeeler
  • 20 comments
80710A06
katpeeler
Ive taken a few pics of my cars and am using Flicker to upload. The pictures look good on my tv but when I try to put them on my computer as a desktop background they are rather grainey. Am I doing it wrong??

Ive taken a few pics of my cars and am using Flicker to upload. The pictures look good on my tv but when I try to put them on my computer as a desktop background they are rather grainey. Am I doing it wrong??

You need to upload them as bigshots. That will make the resolution 4X higher and they will look crisp.

'RB' you'll see it change from normal to bigshot at the bottom right hand corner not when you're using the setting tab though it will change to vignette style

That will only help assuming his computer monitor is a higher resolution then what the 'normal' resolution is. Do you happen to know what the resolution of your monitor is?

Im at work now but its a High Def monitor.

That could mean anything depending on the size of the screen. If your monitors resolution is greater than 1280x720, yes phillkillv2 is right. But if it is smaller or equal to that resolution, it won't any difference. You'll just spend an extra 5 mins uploading a downloading a 25MB file.

That could mean anything depending on the size of the screen. If your monitors resolution is greater than 1280x720, yes phillkillv2 is right. But if it is smaller or equal to that resolution, it won't any difference. You'll just spend an extra 5 mins uploading a downloading a 25MB file.
Well, it would make a difference. The Big Shots aren't compressed to same degree that the normal shots are, so you can bypass a lot of the compression artifacts.

That was one of the main reasons people got so excited about them when they were announced.

Ok....I got the Bigshots of my car on Flickr and having issues croping to my WORK desktop. Its not a wide screen and the pic is all "fat" looking.....What is the best way to resize in Flickr??....what is the width x height I need.....I changed my screen settings to 1280 x 768 is what my screen is at the moment but now my fonts are all messed up...I am not a computer guy so Im lost

Well I loaded it up into Flickr and the Big Shot gave me alot more options of sizes and I found a size that works great...BUT....it takes so long to upload....its like 15 minutes for one pic from Forza the game to Forzamotorsport to Flickr.......there has to be a quicker way.....the pics that are in this Forum are they mainly Big Shots or normal???

^^ Interesting. Is there any way for me to just transfer FM4 pics from the console's HD to my PC?

I'm thinking a USB stick formatted to X360 standard and then move the pics over, before pasting them onto the PC's HD.

Will that work? Sick of uploading pics taken from a 5 MP phone cam!

Back