The Biggest Sim-Racing (and Gran Turismo) Stories of 2023

• Thread starter Famine
  • 8 comments
2023 was my big GT (7) year. After letting a bit aside GT7, i return to it after the sophy update (and 911 Gt3!!!). But what really change my life was vr2. A friend gave me his glasses for 6 days. In day 4 a have buyed mines. UNBELIEVABLE. Happy new year to everyone!!

We guess the judges were more wowed by a ten-foot tall woman…
I would like to respectfully offer a counter-point that a ten-foot tall woman is indeed a much rarer sighting compared to seeing nice cars on the road every now and then

GTPlanet is not affiliated with Gran Turismo or Polyphony Digital.
* tours their office * :rolleyes:
Of course, Polyphony is one of — if not the — most secretive video game developers in the industry. The company rarely allows media to visit its offices, and almost never allows visitors behind its desks with cameras rolling. Nevertheless, that’s exactly what I was able to do, with series creator Kazunori Yamauchi himself as tour guide.

LEGO 2K Drive & Hotwheels being thrown into "sim-racing" lmao
I'm willing to bet GTPlanet/sim racing and Lego/Hot Wheels share an overlapping audience somewhere in between

in the racing scene, psvr2 for gt7 has been the best thing happen all year in my opinion. Spec ll is very close to for improving gt7 massivly to, but still more stuff needs to keep improving before it its where it needs to be, single player is till lackluster, weakly challanges are great through, psvr2 is fun for other games to, i really hope vr keep getting more good games we really need it, i have played vr some times before but just tech demos, we need proper games and we starting to get there,
flatscreen will never be able to campare to the experince you get in vr,
forza motorsport is my biggest dissapointment of the year, but i didint even had high hopes on it in the first place when it got showed of first time this year, maybe it can be saved i sure hope so,

where is the latest update???nearly 2 months,we have nothing
kaz already said in some interviews that the updates is not monthly by design,
he also claimed they could make 50 cars a year witch should mean we should have got 85 new cars by now, but we only have got 64 cars since it launched, something has to be going on but it could also mean that either they do bigger updates once every 2 momths, would not be a bad thing, or is the updates already slowing down, an update is already confirmed for january but what it will include besides the genesis vision car still remain to be seen, but i doubt thats all we will get in january, if the update dropps late january its needs to be a major update to not kill the momenum they have going with spec ll

Last edited:
I would like to respectfully offer a counter-point that a ten-foot tall woman is indeed a much rarer sighting compared to seeing nice cars on the road every now and then

* tours their office * :rolleyes:

I'm willing to bet GTPlanet/sim racing and Lego/Hot Wheels share an overlapping audience somewhere in between
Yes, they’ve visited their office, but they have no official connection with PD. It’s like any other media outlet getting an invite to PD. It’s possible that the fact GTP is primarily focused on GT was at least part of it, but there’s no partnership there or anything. GTP can’t send bug info and feature requests directly to PD, as far as I know.

Latest Posts

Back