The Brave Blue Mazda That Could...

SportWagon

Premium
Canada
Punkeydoodles Corners, Ontario, Canada. (aka GT2t
http://www.geocities.com/gt2toxs/gt/logs/gt1-tuned.txt

So I had come down in my garage to the Brave Blue Mica Mazda Savanna RX-7 efini III and entered it in the Hard-Tuned Series. I had previously won relatively easily with the Brilliant Black version of the same car, but both colours appear for under Cr10,000 in the used-car data, and so I had purchased both at their cheapest prices, and was going to race both.

The Brilliant Black car had won all races, but the field had included no Supra RZ, but only a NsX'93 and the latter field is definitely easier to beat. I was sort of glad when I got the Supra field this time. I wasn't that surprised when I managed to come only 2nd at the High Speed Ring II--my time wasn't too far off my recorded time with the other car. I thought I might come 2nd at Grand Valley as well, but then be able to recover the series in the remaining races. But I came third, and was 7 seconds off my previously recorded time. :confused:

And at Clubman R5 II I had to cheat like mad--hip-checking the Skyline and Lancer each a couple of times into the wall in that final tunnel to slow them down, and I just barely won. This is weird, I thought, I should have a little more in hand than that.

At Autumn Ring II I actually beat my previous time and just barely beat my previous fastest lap, winning relatively easily. However, the Supra came second, meaning I needed to beat it in the final race in order to win the series.

But then I began practising for SSR11 II and could get nowhere near my previous times--about 4 seconds slower. I think I can! I think I can! insisted the RX-7. I'm not sure... I thought to myself.

Something must be wrong... :confused:

So I went to the Change Parts screens, and, sure enough I had forgotten to install any Exhaust upgrade or Intercooler, and so was about 60bhp down on power. :D

So I installed Racing Exhaust and Racing Intercooler, and proceeded to easily qualify first and win the race by a large margin, and won the event cleanly, 37 points to 32 over the Supra RZ. :D

Good job mate, though leaving that extra 60 off would've made for a more interesting ending, you did good for the first four. If I still had GT1 I'd play it now, stupid cigarette ashes:(

Back