The Bugatti Veyron 16.4

• Thread starter Jay
  • 27 comments

Jay

  
Premium
Australia
Australia
VIPERGTS01
At first I thought I was going to be a little dissapointed in this car as there was no way to put it into top speed mode and the speed was going to be limited to around 375km/h as stated in the description and noted by someone (sorry I forgot who) at gamescom demo.

Took it on the Oval Test track and I was driving it in cockpit view and as it reached over 350km/h the acceleration started to slow, looked 375km/h would about the limit (maybe a touch more), then at around 370km/h it suddenly got extra acceleration and continued towards it's top speed mode max. The test track isn't quite straight enough (lose to much speed on the bends) to reach the 407km/k mark but I still hit 399 and I think I could make 400 before the bend If I get a good run out of the corner (hard take the corners smooth on PSP controls).

Anway this puzzled me why would the accelerate like this in standard/handling mode so I went did it again and went to the external cam and find out whats going on. At around 370km/h the wing goes down and it seems PD automatically put the car into top speed mode at that speed. Not entirely realistic as you have to do that from a stop but without the seperate option for this mode I am glad they did. :D

Or is this normal and I am not correct on the Veyrons functions?

Now for GT5 I hope we get the seperate option maybe in real time adjustments to change modes (in other cars with modes too) and we have a longer track to reach it's potential. Would be nice if PD model the VW's test oval for GT5.
I also did some 400m tests and noted with S2 tyres and a full rev launch it could hit around 8.9 (staggering time) on the 400m which is quicker than real life, so I did a off idle launch which is more true to the real Veyron launching and still hit a 9.0. Even with lower grade tyres I think it is a little quicker than reality but not too far off. 0-100km/h was around 2.5 but my rough judgement which is nice.

I quite enjoy the car, more than I expected, what is everyones elses thoughts on it?

And for those wondering I got my Veyron from the collectors edition voucher and it didn't give me a white ZR1 instead. :)

I can't wait to try it! I bought this game specifically for the Veyron!

Everyone calls it GTPSP but I call it Bugatti Veyron on the Nurb PSP.

I got the Veyron (via pre-order bonus) and my god, this car scares me. Even on S3 tires it is a monster, though you can feel its weight, especially on slower corners. But it is indeed very fun to drive. Now, excuse me while I go drive the Veyron some more :P

Nope, Jay, you're right. You have to bring it to a full stop and run some checks, then turn the key and haul ass. :D

I brought GT PSP just for the Veyron as well, and in all honesty when I punched in the code earlier this afternoon, er, yesterday afternoon and it worked I actually threw my arms in the arm and said "Yeah!" :lol:

I love it and I'm still getting used to the way it handles via the PSP (and the Furai) it seems to like understeering, but the air-brake works beautifully. Can't wait till I have 1 million credits again so I can get it in a different color.

Or the Enzo, whichever ever pops up first.

I got the Black Veyron from the Collector Edition as well... but it handles like a pig... LOL I took it out on Suzi for some fun and it was an understeering mess... I will have to try and take it out for a top speed run like you did... that will probably be more fun :) I need more time with the car to make any final verdicts though :)

Look guys at the cards from the limited edition, I can't really say if its the "true" car or is it the GT5 model

orginal link

v5ity8.jpg

104mhy0.jpg

1562skh.jpg

I got the cards with my Collectors edition and looking closely I can see it isn't GT5, it's PSP models with high resolution textures. The models maybe better than GT PSP aswell but they're certainly not GT5 quality, it's easier to see in the original cards rather than those pics.

Jay
I got the cards with my Collectors edition and looking closely I can see it isn't GT5, it's PSP models with high resolution textures. The models maybe better than GT PSP aswell but they're certainly not GT5 quality, it's easier to see in the original cards rather than those pics.

Nice to know that those are gtpsp models. gt5 can look only better:tup:

Disappointed in the way it handles, took it around Monte Carlo and my god it has no turning circle.

Had a funny race at New York in it we went around the first chicane then back on to the return straight and breaked too late and tried to turn into the right hander and all three Veyrons, including the 2 computers ones all flew straight ahead and into the wall at about 100mph too fast. Never seen AI do that iin any other car in GT history, we didn't just miss the corner we looked like we didn't even see it and just went straight ahead.

Love the Nissan GT-R V spec 09. My first 5 cars excluding the Renault have been Bugatti Veyron, Ferrari Enzo, Ford GT, Nissan GT-R and the Chevroilette ZR-1! That would have taken me 30 hours of earning credits in GT5P, and I did it by day 16.

I didn't get any vouchers for the game, BC its a PSN download, but i cannot wait to try it!!!

I just did a few top speed runs.
Max I can get with the Veyron Normally is 401km/h on driving park test course.

With a bit of drafting though Have managed 419km/h. Not sure if I can get any higher than that as it was getting close to the end of the stretch.

What does the Veyron sound like? Is it realistic, I remember watching one of the GTPSP trailers and it sounded like a vacuum cleaner :/ I hope this isn't the case?

What does the Veyron sound like? Is it realistic, I remember watching one of the GTPSP trailers and it sounded like a vacuum cleaner :/ I hope this isn't the case?

It is the case. Although there's something more and you really have to listen for it, but there is a grunt in the background and it's very feint.

Most likely due to the PSP's capabilities.

I have noticed except for mercs that the sounds are fairly better than GT4. Rotaries still sound like rotaries (vacuum cleaners), american V8s sound like they should but european cars sound like crap. Which is backwards of what it should be.

Look guys at the cards from the limited edition, I can't really say if its the "true" car or is it the GT5 model

EDIT: Removing pictures that we've just seen

Either way nice pictures, if this truly is GTPSP we now know how the Veyron will look and perform on GT5.

Last edited by a moderator:
The one that came with my pre-order is listed as "SP Model", what does "SP" stand for? Is that just an indication for the fact that it is a pre-order bonus? Is there any difference between this and the one that can be purchased in game?

For me it showed up at day 55, right after I had spend a million on some special Audi R8. By the time I was back to over 2 million, the car was gone of course. :ouch:

For me it showed up at day 55, right after I had spend a million on some special Audi R8. By the time I was back to over 2 million, the car was gone of course. :ouch:

Ouch!
The R8 LMS is also a really superb car but.. Ehmm but compared to Veyron ..ehm.. I think you understood me :lol:

The one that came with my pre-order is listed as "SP Model", what does "SP" stand for? Is that just an indication for the fact that it is a pre-order bonus? Is there any difference between this and the one that can be purchased in game?

Not at all.

"SP" most likely means "Special" the only difference being it counts as another model in the Bugatti lineup.

I foolishly made another thread about the Veyron, but got pointed over here :dunce:

I'll just post it here instead:

... And I got the car yesterday and took it for a test run on the Nürburgring. It isn't the best handling car ever, but it's a beast to drive! :dopey:

[YOUTUBEHD]LtSykrzjY6w[/YOUTUBEHD]

It is the case. Although there's something more and you really have to listen for it, but there is a grunt in the background and it's very feint.

Most likely due to the PSP's capabilities.

You have to also consider that there are FOUR turbos on the engine...

I hope the GT5 one sounsd better than that, it sounded nothing like the real thing. Hopefully that's more to do with possible sound limitations on the PSP rather than the raw recordings PD will use for the car in both games.

Back