The "camber fix": what did it do?

• Thread starter dyr_gl
  • 14 comments
Spain
Spain
dyr_gl
These days I´ve been doing some testing to see what exactly this path did to camber. I selected 3 different combos I thought would be the correct ones to see if the most common complaints are still valid or if they are History now.

I treated separatedly:

1) excessive influence on straight line speed
2) effects on lateral grip, and
3) effects on tyre temperatures.

Here are the results of all that testing:

Good testing. Regarding the tyre temperature spread, I wonder how the camber fix would have worked with 6.0 tyre temps. Oh well the people have spoken and we have dumbed down tyre temperatures for now.

Absolutely, it´s a shame.

Just when I thought "aha, now they´ll take grip away from overheating tyres and mediums and hards will finally have a purpose"... bam, they revert everything back!

In my view all 6.0 needed was tweaks for cars with only 1 dry weather compound. The Zonda R had overheating problems in December, at Road America... sure, tweak that so I can drive the car in Summer time in Barcelona.

But cars with several compounds were perfectly fine. Your softs overheat? Tough luck, use a harder compound.

Good testing. Regarding the tyre temperature spread, I wonder how the camber fix would have worked with 6.0 tyre temps. Oh well the people have spoken and we have dumbed down tyre temperatures for now.

Did you come down in the last rain shower!!

If you think SMS changed the tyre physics because the had a half to a dozen people complaining on there forum you are mistaking. Quote from SMS. We decided it was best to revert to the patch 5.0 style tyre heat model: WHY: The simple truth is that it was a too far-reaching change that on review should not have been patched into the game at this late stage in the product's life cycle. It had nothing to do with me or anyone complaining. They obviously seen discrepancy in coding and you can bet they coding from 6.0 will be the basis for PCARS 2.

Now I hated 6.0 because the had the load on the tyre's wrong on PS4. Tyre's were still heating up on straights compared to PC. But SMS were nearly there with 6.0 on PS4. Patch 7.0 you only need one compound and that's wrong in my view. So why didn't the not tweek it? They did. But they left some coding from patch 6.0 that was not related to tyre's but it has effected tyre temperatures in 7.0 or lack off should I say. The tyre model will be a changing cycle until PCARS 2. They will always strive for realism and 6.0 was not it. Nearly! But no cigar.

If you think SMS changed the tyre physics because the had a half to a dozen people complaining on there forum you are mistaking. Quote from SMS. We decided it was best to revert to the patch 5.0 style tyre heat model: WHY: The simple truth is that it was a too far-reaching change that on review should not have been patched into the game at this late stage in the product's life cycle. It had nothing to do with me or anyone complaining. They obviously seen discrepancy in coding and you can bet they coding from 6.0 will be the basis for PCARS 2.

Now I hated 6.0 because the had the load on the tyre's wrong on PS4. Tyre's were still heating up on straights compared to PC. But SMS were nearly there with 6.0 on PS4. Patch 7.0 you only need one compound and that's wrong in my view. So why didn't the not tweek it? They did. But they left some coding from patch 6.0 that was not related to tyre's but it has effected tyre temperatures in 7.0 or lack off should I say. The tyre model will be a changing cycle until PCARS 2. They will always strive for realism and 6.0 was not it. Nearly! But no cigar.

No I don't believe they would have changed it if people hadn't kicked up a fuss but keep throwing the unnecessary insults if it makes you feel good. I've got thick skin :)

I think the devs tried something with the tires on patch v7.0 and it was a miss , they said they were trying to get back to pre-6.0 but i dont buy that. I dont know crap about coding but you would think they could have pulled up and old save file (i hope they save their work) and hit enter.

I would bet my last dollar that when v8.0 comes out it WILL NOT BE like for like (the same as) pre-6.0. It will feel different hopefully for the better

No I don't believe they would have changed it if people hadn't kicked up a fuss but keep throwing the unnecessary insults if it makes you feel good. I've got thick skin :)

I'm sorry man if my first quote felt like a insult. I apologize. But yes they would of changed it. It was already high lighted early on with information posted by the public day's after release of 6.0 the dev's picked up on information provided something was not right. its buried in all those post over there. I'm to lazy to look.

I agree with diesel97, hopefully we see a improved tyre model for all classes in game.

You're wrong and @copes24 is right:

Ian Bell said :
"I don't see this as being ridiculous at all. We added a more demanding heating system to the tyres to introduce more strategy in long races due to costumer demand. When added, some users found it undrivable on pads so we reverted.

If us trying to deliver requests to users is ridiculous then it's sort of hard for us to win. Now, the fact that the revert introduced a bug is disappointing, but probably not worthy of being called ridiculous. I think the way we are constantly adding to the game needs a slightly different mindset than would apply to most games out there.
The changes to tire heat in the last couple of patches were made in response to fan feedback as per the Wookie. Source

You're wrong and @copes24 is right:

The changes to tire heat in the last couple of patches were made in response to fan feedback as per the Wookie. Source

Costumer demand doesn't make the tyre psychics correct. They were not correct because if they were it would not have been patched so quick. We added a more demanding heating system to the tyres to introduce more strategy in long races: Are we saying long races are two to three laps long. Because that's all it took to overheat GT3 tyre's.

So now we have costumers demanding heat and costumers demanding no heat. Lol. I know am right in one aspect the have lost direction and are fumbling around in the dark on this very matter.

SMS only changed to tyres 6.0 no one else and SMS only changed to tyres 7.0, they admitted that just before the hoilday season they copped a bug in tyres 7.0.... them allowing the hardcore to blame the 'controller console masses' is unfair considering that without consoles (mainly PS4) this game would be dead and buried, its sold a mere fraction on PC....
The way Ian and his team allows the 'community' on the official forum to fracture and divide is straight out of the politicians and corporate business hand book. I used to work for a HUGE corporation and EVERYTHING SMS do to control the community feels exactly the same.
Really distasteful IMO.
They jerked around with tyres and they messed up with a bug yet again, but they piled it out the door so we would still lap up the DLC (DLC is in the patches see).... still play the game but because there is NOTHING else like it on console, once there is different story...

Earth calling SMS, Earth calling SMS, how´s that tyre heating fix going?

EDIT: LOL, will have to do this more often, just got the 8.0 patch for PS4 today:lol:

Last edited:
Back