The Captain of El Capitan

United States
United States
Failmaster2118
I am starting a new series where we are going to determine the quickest cars in GT PSP using these five rules.
1. No assists allowed on (except Auto gearbox)
2. No Quick Tune is allowed
3. Racing R3 tyres only
4. Professional physics must be on
5. Only three laps per run for each car
Have fun everyone, and may the fastest car and driver win!
Control Time (Nissan Cube EX FF/CVT: 2'21.634")

Last edited:
Vita version is allowed, no need to sign up, just post some times!
EDIT: I would like to see images of times, but it is not required.

Last edited:
To start off the timing, I have, of course, the GT PSP starter car. The Pontiac Vibe GT 2003 is by no means a fast or agile car, but it does provide a great stepping stone for driving FWD cars. On El Capitan, the heavily changing altitude hurts this car on the straights (the Vibe GT only has 181 bhp hauling around 1273 kg), and the sweeping T5-T6 complex is extremely hard to get right, especially with the off throttle understeer. But if you can find the perfect balance between momentum in the corners and speed on the straights, the payoff is fantastic. The Vibe GT is easily quicker than that of the banker car, the Nissan Cube EX CVT model, with a time of....
2'06.829" :scared:
Next entry will be: Nissan Skyline GT-R (R33) V • Spec 1996

The underrated Godzilla:
The Nissan Skyline GT-R (R33) V • Spec 1996 (and the GT-R33 gen) is widely considered the least popular gen of Skyline GT-R, weighing much more than the GT-R32 generation. But it made vast improvements on the ATTESA system, enhanced the suspension and brakes, making for a better performing car around the Nurburgring. It trounced the Vibe GT around El Capitan, with a time of 1'53.729".
Next Car: Lexus IS 200 GT-1 Race Car 2004

The GT-1, but not GT1?:
The Lexus IS 200 GT-1 Race Car 2004 raced in South Korea's BAT Championship for 2 years. 2004 brought a 3rd place finish for the team, and 2005 got them the championship. Easily one of the grippiest touring cars in GT PSP, it demolished the Cube with a time of 1' 49.930".
Next entry: ASL ARTA Garaiya 2003

Back