The career mode in FM3 is not very motivating

• Thread starter RouWa
  • 40 comments
I like both. I figured out if out if you want to race a certain group of cars go to your garage and get in one. then go to season play and it will pick races that its eligible for. Of course what ever champion races you are in progress with will still be there until you are done with them.
At first i didn't like the season play because I didn't know if I was racing all the races there was to race in that category. Now that I have figured out how to manipulate season play I like it much more.
When I want a more structured flow I just pick what races I want.

I wish there was an option to pick 8 cars from your garage and race them on track at the same time.

Well, I just got to season 4 and did my first R3 race. Wow. That was awesome. It was 7 really tough laps. The cars looked and sounded fantastic.

Well, I just got to season 4 and did my first R3 race. Wow. That was awesome. It was 7 really tough laps. The cars looked and sounded fantastic.

good to hear, I will be starting that tonight. Not sure which car I want to use though.

I hope the R Class races with actual race cars are more fun than the S Class events. I really hate the Veyron. Finding the fine line the car is happy with is really hard, and you have maybe a tenth of a second to catch a mistake.

I like Rue's ideas. I have a feeling that Season Mode is going to come across as a rather lame attempt to make me feel like I'm in a competition, which is something Gran Turismo seems much better at.

The sad thing is that when I go home for the holidays and reclaim my backwards-compatible PS3, I'll probably stop playing this and start playing Enthusia again.

Rue
I wish there was an option to pick 8 cars from your garage and race them on track at the same time.

There still isn't an option to choose what cars you want to race against in a single race? Man that blows. This is something that racing games need. A lot of times you want to match certain cars against each other, instead of the somewhat weird choices the game makes.

I have yet to play through the season mode, but the one thing that I respect that FM3 did was give the player access to every car from the beginning to drive. Some may say thats lame and that you should earn the chance to drive certain cars. I used to agree with that 100% at on time, but not that I'm married and have my 3 week year old son to take care of, I definitely do not have the time I used to in order to accomplish that. Here's to hoping GT does the same.

I don't know. I still like the fact that GT offers you a big selection of cars to race in Arcade Mode, but not all of them. I love surprises, and unlocking cars is a lot of fun for me. Still, if all the cars were available I wouldn't complain.

I am still surprised each time I am gifted a car in season mode. It saves me a butt load of credits, and I never know what is next.

It is good to bo surprised, and in a way I envy you Bogie. I felt the same way when I began playing a game like GT. For me Forza is alot like GT, so maybe that is why I am not head over heels for it, but thankfully this game has some things that GT doesn't (mainly courses, although several of the fantasy tracks are pure crap in my opinion).

So yeah, I am glad you feel what many of us felt when we played GT :), and I am also glad I get to play a game like Forza.

I found a list of all the prize cars. I only use it so I don'e buy one that I am going to win. That saved me some money for sure.

Back