The catch 22

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brn_Space
  • 15 comments
  • 1,135 views
Messages
33
United States
United States
So I work graveyard, which means I usually play early hours West coast time, which also means lots of Brazilian newbs are on.

So at mostly b/b a/a rating I find that half are clean just slow, the other half are fast but unnecessary in the dirty tricks when as a generally fast driver your way better letting the pass happen apply pressure and then move ahead,

I don't understand the mentality of..
I missed the line so on the straight coming off the turn I'm going to try to wreck you instead of overtaking sometime in I don't know the next 7 or 8 laps we got left.. To race!

Sorry this has been beat to death it just amazes me the stupidity because of course we both lose time and positions to slower drivers... Must be kids playing... Is all I can think no grown adult gets that butt hurt by clean passing.
 
For the most part I think its a history of this racing game win-at-all-costs strategy. They are trained into it where you have already lost if you arent making passes. Think about almost any of the GT league races or Mission Challenges, is there a single one where getting passed wasnt a terrible thing that most likely spells a death sentence?

I think your right though, there are children on this game too, but another consideration may be their connections? Im from the US and i constantly race South Americans who always seem to have one or two bars less connection strength than the US racers. This causes lag in a lot of cases and wrecks happen that are no ones fault but the servers.
 
So I work graveyard, which means I usually play early hours West coast time, which also means lots of Brazilian newbs are on.

So at mostly b/b a/a rating I find that half are clean just slow, the other half are fast but unnecessary in the dirty tricks when as a generally fast driver your way better letting the pass happen apply pressure and then move ahead,

I don't understand the mentality of..
I missed the line so on the straight coming off the turn I'm going to try to wreck you instead of overtaking sometime in I don't know the next 7 or 8 laps we got left.. To race!

Sorry this has been beat to death it just amazes me the stupidity because of course we both lose time and positions to slower drivers... Must be kids playing... Is all I can think no grown adult gets that butt hurt by clean passing.

BTW, how is this a catch-22?
 
In every PSN region is possible to detect some pattern on nationalities but it's unfair to generalize, in every nation there is people slower but cleaner and others faster but more dirty.
If the races are B/B and A/A maybe the explanation is right there, people faster but is stuck on DR level because of the SR level.
The fact of being mainly braziliens can be explained by the time of the day you play. Did some graveyard shifts some weeks ago, in the mornings there is mostly russian people online. Some russians are pretty dirty too but had some pretty clean races in races full of russians.
 
South Americans are on any time of the day. The problem with playing outside prime time is that mostly the veterans are playing which gets more aggressively competitive people together in the same rooms. You also see more South Americans as match making has to go further geographically to fill a room. I'm in Canada, during off hours Argentina's DR.S is on Pole with 1 little bar, during peak hours I finally get some fellow Canadians on pole.
 
Yeah, my favorite race was with a chilean and a braziallian, Super clean and we traded places 2,3,4 the whole 10 laps (really, really intense racing) finished three across in the final straight. I was so pumped in the end that i forgot to save the replay (DOH!:boggled::banghead:) but the nationality matter squat. Get to high SR S if you want clean racing.
 
In every PSN region is possible to detect some pattern on nationalities but it's unfair to generalize, in every nation there is people slower but cleaner and others faster but more dirty.
If the races are B/B and A/A maybe the explanation is right there, people faster but is stuck on DR level because of the SR level.
The fact of being mainly braziliens can be explained by the time of the day you play. Did some graveyard shifts some weeks ago, in the mornings there is mostly russian people online. Some russians are pretty dirty too but had some pretty clean races in races full of russians.

He's either racing clean and slow racers, or fast and nasty. No middle ground for him.

Ahh I see. Thanks.

But he is either A/A and B/B. What about A/A vs B/A. In all my experience the B ranks are a derby and A is somewhat better. I still hold to my point. The OP should get to SR S to see the cleanest racing
 
I've been a plenty the racing is cleaner no doubt, but in those I can't win usually like 3-8. Hash guess I just need to get better or a wheel after 600+ sport races only 34 wins boo!

Horrible % could never get a racing contract with that kinda long term performance haha
 
You are missing point in the first paragraph I play early morning lke 4am therefore a lot of Brazil are on all flags do it some Usa are the worst Canada generally are the cleanest
 
So I work graveyard, which means I usually play early hours West coast time, which also means lots of Brazilian newbs are on.

So at mostly b/b a/a rating I find that half are clean just slow, the other half are fast but unnecessary in the dirty tricks when as a generally fast driver your way better letting the pass happen apply pressure and then move ahead,

I don't understand the mentality of..
I missed the line so on the straight coming off the turn I'm going to try to wreck you instead of overtaking sometime in I don't know the next 7 or 8 laps we got left.. To race!

Sorry this has been beat to death it just amazes me the stupidity because of course we both lose time and positions to slower drivers... Must be kids playing... Is all I can think no grown adult gets that butt hurt by clean passing.

Here's what I suggest. Start from the back and let everyone else past. Then, drive your clean race avoiding everyone. Within a few races, you won't be dealing with Sr-B drivers anymore and verybfew SR-A's.
 
Yeah I sometimes don't qualify in the 1 makes and try to pass as many as I can cleanily, to build back my SR if I've destroyed it in gr3-4 8-10 lap on certain tracks sometimes it can be hard to keep it clean with worn tires
 
Here's what I suggest. Start from the back and let everyone else past. Then, drive your clean race avoiding everyone. Within a few races, you won't be dealing with Sr-B drivers anymore and verybfew SR-A's.
Then when he races in SR-S with little experience running in traffic, he can come to GTP and ragepost about how everyone is taking him out and show us a video of him driving like an arse.
 
Lol sorry my post didn't intrigue you and my experience and observations clearly annoy you...
I'll stick with this rx7 one make at b/a it's competitive pretty clean and I've managed to win a few wish it was 5 laps though!

Oh another observation a lot less Brazil at noon vs 4am.
 
Every week there’s a “<insert nationality> are dirty racers”.
Again:
I’m Brazilian, and I race under a Canadian flag. There’s no guarantee that the flag you’re seeing is that person’s nationality.
Secondly, if there’s a direct relation between contacts and nationality, I would first think that’s due to bad connection.
Finally, I forgot...
But you get the idea...
 
Back