The Charlotte Motor Speedway ROVAL

• Thread starter VFOURMAX1
  • 8 comments
United States
United States
Roval-Map-BoA-Date1-md.jpg

The Charlotte Motor Speedway ROVAL is a daunting, new 13-turn, 2.4-mile road course incorporating part of the infield and all but 400 feet of Charlotte's iconic 1.5-mile oval on which drivers will race 500 kilometers over 130 laps.
In January, Allmendinger became the first active Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series driver to drive a stock car on the ROVAL.

"The track has definitely got potential," Allmendinger said. "I had a lot of fun driving it. It's a perfect mix for a race team to set up, whether you go for a full oval setup or somewhat of a road course setup. It'll definitely be a big challenge for the teams."

Roval-Map-BoA-Date1-md.jpg

The Charlotte Motor Speedway ROVAL is a daunting, new 13-turn, 2.4-mile road course incorporating part of the infield and all but 400 feet of Charlotte's iconic 1.5-mile oval on which drivers will race 500 kilometers over 130 laps.
In January, Allmendinger became the first active Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series driver to drive a stock car on the ROVAL.

"The track has definitely got potential," Allmendinger said. "I had a lot of fun driving it. It's a perfect mix for a race team to set up, whether you go for a full oval setup or somewhat of a road course setup. It'll definitely be a big challenge for the teams."

1. This course was announced like a year ago

2. There is no notion this is coming to GT Sport (Although I hope it does)

3. You have posted an older, incorrect layout.

Correct layout

1508344658329.jpg

As far as Rovals go, that is pretty damn basic.

The best ones are the ones made off big ovals so you have more room for infield technical stuff like Indy.

Telledaga needs to fix up their poor excuse for a roval.

Supposedly this will be the first ever road race in the playoffs. Very cool! We could see 3 to 4 lead changes per lap - and likely a number of yellow and red flags. The view for the fans at this road race should be astoundingly good, particularly from the Ford grandstand. But there is no word on the race distance yet.

Back