The CheeseboardMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Touring Mars
  • 20 comments
  • 1,417 views

Touring Mars

ツーリング マルス
Staff Emeritus
Messages
31,336
Scotland
Edinburgh
Messages
GTP_Mars
cheeseheaderat9.jpg

​

This is a thread designed to highlight those songs that, for some reason or other, have that special quality that is known in artistic circles as 'Cheese'... what this precisely means is anybody's guess - some say it's slanderous, to others it's a badge of honour, but one thing is guaranteed, and that is that one man's cheese is another man's gold. But I digress. This thread is a place for those songs that you love or hate because they are just so cheesy.

Please post up a video if you can, and please limit your selections to a maximum of three per post - remember, too much cheese can result in strange side effects! :sick:

You may also give your song(s) a cheese rating from * (for a mild cheese) to ***** (for a super-strength 'someone open a window'-type cheese) You might also want to rate the song in terms of how much you actually like it (which is not necessarily related to the cheesiness of the song...)

Instructions for posting YouTube videos: Use the YouTube tags (
Stan Ridgway - Camoflague

Cheese Rating: ***** (Stilton)
Song Rating: **** (80's classic)[/CENTER]
 


Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up
Cheese Rating: *****

​
 
Sorry Mars, have to cut the thread short:


Rhapsody of Fire - Magic of the Wizard's Dream.

Click the video and read the comments. It's disturbing.

Cheese rating : ★★★★★
Song Rating :
Song rating w/ Saruman bonus: ★★

​







And yes, that is Christopher Lee.
 
Oh dear lord :lol: I think the cheese rating system has already been made to look somewhat insufficient... that's got to be atleast an 8.2 on the Cheddar scale... :crazy: Rick Ghastly is not much better, but atleast he has the excuse of being Stock, Aitken and Waterman, who are well known cheesemongers.
 
One for the nerds

Mi-Sex - Computer Games

Cheese Rating: ***
Nerd Rating: *****
Song Rating: **


​
 


The Reynold Girls - I'd rather jack

Cheese Rating: ******** (Brie)
Song Rating: * (just listen to those lyrics)​
 
There's something brilliantly ironic about hearing The Reynold Girls moaning about outmoded music almost 20 years later...
 


Nik Kershaw - The Riddle

Cheese rating: Mature​


BONUS: Windows obviously doesn't think much of Nik Kershaw either... 💡

nikkersju5.jpg
 
No video, but you don't want one anyway. This song tortured my school days when I was young. If it was raining during PE, we had to dance to this song in a vacant classroom.




Cheese Rating ***
Song Rating **
Nerd Rating *****
 
Kajagoogoo - Too Shy.



Michael Bolton - How Am I Supposed To Live Without You.



Level 42 - Lessons in Love.


​

Brrrr.
 
That's it... I'm the winner...

Cheese Factor ******************************************************************************************************************************************

Cool tidbits of info: Dweezil Zappa on the green pastel guitar and that's Paul Shaffer in there too.

 
[/thread]
 
I actually like both of these songs. Junior Brown I especially like because the cheese in intentional.


Cheese Rating: Medium Cheddar
Song Rating: ***


Cheese Rating: Bleu
Song Rating: ***** (awesome!!! How about that guitar solo??)
​
 

Cheese Rating: Bleu
Song Rating: ***** (awesome!!! How about that guitar solo??)
[/center]


Junior Brown is my hero. That's a retake of the song for the video, apparently, because it's not the version that's on his first LP. I was actually kind of hoping to see how he played the break in the LP version, which has a big down-tuned part in it.

I do believe that's his wife playing rhythm.
 
Dan, I'm totally disgusted that you think the Gambler is cheese. :ouch:


Corey Hart, Sunglasses at Night


Cheese: **** Camembert


....and Sweet, Love is like Oxygen


Cheese: ***** Washed Rind Vieux Boulogne​




Edit: Also, I'm giving some forewarning that I will personally snap the neck of the first person who posts Stompin' Tom Connors, The Hockey Song
 
The Gambler is total cheese. And that's coming from somebody who actually like old country, which is the heartland of cheesy music.
 
Eddie Murphy- Put your mouth on me


Cheese Factor- ***** Camenbert
How much I actually like it- *
 
"My Girl Wants To Party All The Time" is a much better song.


Oh, this is some fine sharp cheddar here...




EDIT: One more...

"My Guitar Wants To Kill Your Momma" - Dweezil Zappa
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3RfAmdTa4W8
 
I thought this track was kinda cool at the time... It's a hell of a lot less cheesy than most here!


Cheesiness: Spreadable Philadelphia (with chives)
Song Coolness: Refridgerated
Indy Video Compilation Cool Factor: Way!

​
 
Back