The Clone Wars

  • Thread starter Thread starter W3H5
  • 8 comments
  • 1,054 views

W3H5

New Member
Premium
Messages
30,458
Thailand
Thailand
It's probably old news now but I just started streaming (after years of having access to it) The Clone Wars animated series, pretty much just to watch Yoda kick butt.

I'm up to episode 5 on season 1 and usually throw on an episode whenever I get a spare half hour.

Anyone else watching? Can't just be me that acts upon the inner nerd... :D
 
My youngest and I watch it every Friday night. It's just as good as the movies.
 
I agree. There are plenty of story lines worth putting onto screen.

I must admit I'm rather behind (just started episode 6) but I've been reading about the characters and whatnot involved in the series.

Where are you up to, which season?
 
The most current season on Cartoon Network. We started it on day one, he makes sure we watch it.
 
I really think CN has come a long way. 20 years ago when I was watching as a kid I had to settle for Tom and Jerry, now Star Wars!? Kids got it lucky these days.

I love the fact there are loads of droids (some of my favourite things about the universe) in it but some of the Battle Droids are a bit on the dumb side and their stupid comments take away from the mood sometimes but I guess it is a kids show after all. :)

I'm thinking about getting my wife to watch it with me because she likes animation and sort of likes Star Wars (well, maybe just Artoo) and it would make a change from the some of the junk put out by other big name directors which I sit through most days.
 
It can be a little "youngling" at times, but the story and characters makes up for it in the long run.
 
I would dare say it's made just as much for adults as children; George Lucas clearly knew that some original fans would tune in.

I think if I limit myself to 3-4 shows a day I'll get through it at a good pace, I don't want to over watch it and get bored.

One other thing that bothers me (series 1) is that General Grievous seems to have the same story lines: Attacks the Republic, plan is foiled, he says "Impossible!" and flees from a ship/ space station being destroyed. Why is he still a general? He should be demoted! :lol:
 
To private Grievous, with those four arms he could clean the heck out of a la'treen. lol
 
Or he'd make a great military chef! Starters and mains prepared at the same time! :lol:

From what I know there are 3 seasons and a feature length film (Film and first series 2008, then 09, 10), would you know if that's correct?
 
Back