The Control Pads

When I first got my 'box I thought the control pad was huge, the triggers were a bit stiff, the face buttons felt akward and the analog buttons felt very loose. After some major Halo, PGR, MotoGP, Rallisport, SegaGT'03, DOA, and Splinter Cell sessions I can safely say the controller is brilliant (especially for Halo and driving games).
I then got my PS2 back from my brother and after him wiping my memory card I decided to play GT3 (and Vice City) over again and returning to the PS2 controller after playing the Xbox's for so long I have come to the conclusion; it is pants! First off you have to reach over the controls to get the the analog sticks which for someone with big hands puts strain on my wrists and thumbs. While playing GT3 my thumb felt very sore after 15 mins because the analog face buttons need to be pressed completely down for full acceleration/braking. When playing 007: Nightfire you use the left analog to move forward, strafe and move backwards. The right analog for aiming but you need to take your thumb off the right analog to fire which is a bit annoying when the enemy moves. The Dual Shock 2 feature is by far the better of the two consoles which if you have played MGS2 you should have seen (or felt?).
But then came along the Controller S. I bought it to give it a try and I have never looked back since (although the standard control is better for Halo). The controller is more compact but still feels like the standard controller but weights less. For DOA3 or Splinter Cell it has made a huge amount of difference, for DOA3 the new face buttons help tremendously and for Splinter Cell the black and white button in the new location enable me to switch weapons quicker, go through my inventory quicker and have better access to the reload button. I also don't press the wrong button as often.

well Hell Spawn, it is said that the ps2 controllers are better than any system. I think that that is a load of crap!! the Xbox controllers rock....Especially in Halo.
rockon.gif

Back