The cost of racing

GTP_KARTRACER
why waste the money
I just read a artical in Road and Track about the cost of racing and how it has gotten out of control.As a ameture racer I must agree with them as the cost has really gotten way up there.Some F1 teams spend over 500 mil a year.Drivers get 34 mil a year.(not all)And how do they get all this money? Sponcers. to play at this level, you have to have a big bankrole and if you are a sponcer looking to get into the sport,you have to figure out if you can recoupe your investment.Now there are just a few big teams that are up front at all the races and this is true in all forms of racing.All of the front runers have a major sponcer so unless you come up with a truckload more of cash, they are out of the running.So now you look at the rest of the feild and see that the pickings are slim.So now you have to deside if backing a mid pack team is good for your image and alot say NO! The other option is to become a sactioning sponcer.This,my freinds is a lose lose option as the mid teams must try to compete with less money and usally fall to the way side.Just look at NASCAR this year,they are having trouble filling the feild and Indy was just lame.What erver happened to 60 cars trying to make the feild?And it seems that the F1 feild has been getting smaller every year.If this trend keeps on going,it might spell the end to racing as we all know and love it.We all fell the effect as ticket prices keep going up.And with smaller feilds it is hard to justify the cost out of our pockets.How do you feel about this?

Back