The credits cost of all 454 cars in Gran Turismo 7 [489 Million total]

• Thread starter Samus
  • 927 comments
I added up all the cars pre 2000, cost 270,324,210 together. There is no way to collect that in an 'organic' manner while doing the custom races that allow you to 'filter' to race against historic cars.

You get a decent chunk for golding the entire circuit experience. Yet what's more fun, doing the races you like or time trialing tracks in a strict fail restart format with specific cars. For me, zipping around Tokyo trying to get the perfect run through traffic is still more fun than the nagging try again Sarah.

I guess I can see how much I earned organically vs grinding by the mileage on the grind cars.

Total credits earned: 323,903,506 in just over 263 hours and 57,377 km driven
Tomahawk earned about: 242 million in 76 hours grinding (just under 300 Tokyo runs, 26,048 km)
Pikes Peak Quattro earned about: 23 million in 20 hours grinding (just over 300 Dirt runs, 2,949 km)

I took an average of 15.5 minutes for the Tokyo race, can do it now in average 14:50 but started at over 17 minutes per run.

The break down:

'Organic' play time: 167 hours (63%)
'Organic' km driven: 28,380 km (49%)
'Organic' earnings: 59 million (18%)
About 350K per hour, not bad, but very unbalanced when the most fun part, setting up your own custom endurance races is on average 50K per hour which only gets worse the longer the race. Same for online races, 50K per hour on average.

Grind time: 96 hours (37%)
Grind km: 28,997 (51%)
Grind earnings: 265 million (82%)
2,760K per hour, although that's watered down by the older grind, it's a bit over 3,300K per hour currently.

I did not gold all of the licenses and missions and only golded a few CE (just bronzed the rest, maybe more fun to do in psvr2 later) but have done all races, 1st on all World Circuit races, done a bunch of custom endurance races, and repeated the championships with different cars. I've completed all content at least once with bronze, but have golded many more and repeated the fun ones with different cars.

Now at 50% cars collected and already spend 31.5 million on tires, tuning, and customization.
208 million spend on 129 cars bought so far.

Just doing custom and online races, it would take 5,400 hours to get the pre 2000 cars together.
A ratio of 66:1 between grind and online/custom races is a grave imbalance.

At least for online you can rent cars, but you still can't do simple things like setting a year range and HP/Weight/PP range for cars to race against in custom races doh! But now I have a healthy balance to reach the rest of my goal, get all cars pre 2000 to set up classic endurance races.

Last edited:
I also don't understand the fixation on "getting all cars as quickly as possible". I also want to get all cars eventually, but the goal is to drive them all, and by driving the ones you already have, you get more funds for getting the ones you don't have yet. That might not be the fastest method available in game, but you might actually, dare I say it, enjoy it?
People play other games other than GT. Crazy concept for some people especially around these forums, I know.

Besides driving a few custom races a day with like zero rewards won't get you even a fraction of cars if you play for years. Now you add weekends, holidays, just being tired to play and so on to that list and getting all cars will take an eternity.

Also because there will be far less variety due to the lack of fun cars to drive, it's likely play time gets less and less over time, leading to even longer time needed to get new cars.

FOMO is one terrible thing and it's pretty terrible in GT7. I play for a bit over a month now and got exactly one invitation to buy cars (doesn't matter now when everyone got them all for a month, but still as another example). LCD is not any better with its rotation and prices of 250m+ for all the cars.

I still think GT7 can be good, eventually. But for now unless someone really enjoys online racing and tuning, and probably just a big motorsport enthusiast the game's content is barebones and to get at least a tiny bit more of that content there's a grind option.

People play other games other than GT. Crazy concept for some people especially around these forums, I know.

Besides driving a few custom races a day with like zero rewards won't get you even a fraction of cars if you play for years. Now you add weekends, holidays, just being tired to play and so on to that list and getting all cars will take an eternity.

Also because there will be far less variety due to the lack of fun cars to drive, it's likely play time gets less and less over time, leading to even longer time needed to get new cars.

FOMO is one terrible thing and it's pretty terrible in GT7. I play for a bit over a month now and got exactly one invitation to buy cars (doesn't matter now when everyone got them all for a month, but still as another example). LCD is not any better with its rotation and prices of 250m+ for all the cars.

I still think GT7 can be good, eventually. But for now unless someone really enjoys online racing and tuning, and probably just a big motorsport enthusiast the game's content is barebones and to get at least a tiny bit more of that content there's a grind option.

Just by doing the circuit experiences and the Human Comedy missions you can buy something like 2/3 of all cars in the game. That's not "a fraction of cars", that's the majority.

Just by doing the circuit experiences and the Human Comedy missions you can buy something like 2/3 of all cars in the game. That's not "a fraction of cars", that's the majority.
I can't be bothered to count now, but even brand central alone cars being nearly 160m (minus some prize ones from the cafe and/or lincenses and missions) is more than 2/3 of CE and missions give right now. And that assuming all golds on every track/mission. Which is not realistic for vast majority of the players. Even gold licenses were acquired by like 3.6% of players last time I've checked the trophy list, which is a pretty good indicator that majority of the playerbase is either not good enough or just can't be bothered with getting gold times.
Bronze should be easy enough for the most, but it won't be anywhere close to 2/3 of all cars. Besides let's be realistic there, most people don't play to drive those 20k cr cars, which do add a lot of that total % of all cars. It's like all those skylines and mx5s in GT4 for the most part, they "are there". But aside of those low paying custom races they are essentially useless and just inflate the number. Thanks to the lack of premade races to use them in right now.

Casual players want fancy cars, and those, for the most part, cost a lot in GT7, with a few exceptions here and there. I'm sure some of those players wouldn't mind to play "some" extra to get them, but even with current tomahawk farm it's still up to 6-6.5 hours to get one of them sometimes (current LCD's Cobra for example). Now I wonder what a casual player with 10-12 hours of playtime/week at best will do, move on to the next game or "farm" half a week to get one car.
And given that GT7 is a GaS/live service game according to PD and Sony themselves, it's a total disaster for them. Player retention is most important for those.

Last edited:
I still say that the total credits to buy all cars vs time to earn / grind isn't really the issue. IMO, the two issues are really "How much time to earn a given car is appropriate or rewarding?" or "How long is too long?" and secondly, races appropriate for the vehicles. For the first question, I think a poll would be useful. I would be happy with 2-3 hours for each of the 20M cars. I'll do 4-5 hours each if I have to, but I'll be #smh and not very happy about it. Anything over that is --- fill in the blank. Of course thats just me, and I would love to see what a large sample would tell us.

The other one, lack of races, is imo totally inexcusable. game economy is hard, so ... they can use weak excuses for that, but lack of races is just not acceptable at all. Why even bother putting in LMP, cars, Gr.1, Gr. 2, special cars an whatnot? And heres the other thing, I think the majority of us would be willing to overlook the horrible economy to some extent, if there were races to keep us entertained while earning the ridiculous amounts of credit PD expects.

'I don't want you to grind the same races over and over to earn credits, so I put 5 races in the whole game to get you there.'

note: I realize a poll solves nothing for us, but I am curious what would the community would be happy with. Secondly, I'm pointing out how useful it would have been if PD had done that to begin with. Such a simple thing, but no.

Last edited:
The other one, lack of races, is imo totally inexcusable. game economy is hard, so ... they can use weak excuses for that, but lack of races is just not acceptable at all. Why even bother putting in LMP, cars, Gr.1, Gr. 2, special cars an whatnot? And heres the other thing, I think the majority of us would be willing to overlook the horrible economy to some extent, if there were races to keep us entertained while earning the ridiculous amounts of credit PD expects.
That's what I said some time ago.

I wouldn't mind doing 1.000 races, just add them to the game, and even if the payouts are low, the sheer number of races would more than make up for it.
And no, custom races aren't the same... And of these "races" this also includes missions and time trials to "beat" the times.
In all the games I play, in every single one of them (aside from multiplayer focused), I am always given tasks to do them (get collectibles, finish story mode, do other things required for game completion) and enjoy them, and GT for me has been the same for day 1 and won't ever change.

I prefer doing 1.000 different events and win 100 million credits across all of them then doing the same race 100x to get to 100 million credits.

Last edited:
My question ... It's possible to have for the same car different costs concerning the mileage ?

I ask it because yesterday checking the UCD I've noticed the Abarth 595 with an half of the distance (~ 54k km) compared with the one (in the UCD) of the previous days (~ 96-98k km) .

IR

My question ... It's possible to have for the same car different costs concerning the mileage ?

I ask it because yesterday checking the UCD I've noticed the Abarth 595 with an half of the distance (~ 54k km) compared with the one (in the UCD) of the previous days (~ 96-98k km) .

IR
In the original post:
Prices of Used Cars can vary depending on thier mileage so take those prices as approximate guidelines.

This comment is hilariously ironic.
fraction | ˈfrakʃ(ə)n | noun
1. a numerical quantity that is not a whole number (e.g. 1/2, 0.5).
2. a small or tiny part, amount, or proportion of something.

It's indeed ironic that you interpreted my remark as meaning 1, when the OP clearly used it as meaning 2.

I prefer doing 1.000 different events and win 100 million credits across all of them then doing the same race 100x to get to 100 million credits.
I think everyone prefers that. GT's model is just outdated to be honest. It's easily solved by letting us borrow any car we want, and only buy them for tuning/customization.

The whole topic is a mindset question.
True collectors do put a lot of effort - and I mean an unbelievable big lot of effort - to have a complete collection. Any true collector of any sort of things would do that. And the vast majority will never ever have it complete.
This game is not about having it complete (all cars). There is not even a trophy for that. It is to select the cars you really want to drive and strive for these. And it feels (for me) very rewarding to buy a car after some hard days (or weeks).
The difference for me (and here comes the mindset) is that I have fun (and I mean lots of fun) just to do some daily Sport races, a circuit experience, completing the license tests (in gold) and further working on the missions... .
I am very happy as it is. And I don't want it to be different. Of course I would like to have all the cars but knowing the effort to earn the credits to buy one is for me much more satisfying.
I can only recommend everyone to enjoy the game with all its challenges and not feeling mad that we mostly will never have all cars. Like it is in real life. Select what you really want!

This game is not about having it complete (all cars).
Well that's not entirely correct.

The game pushes you every step of the way to purchase more cars and to collect them all.

This is more evident when you get to collection milestones where Sarah pops up congratulating you and telling you to collect more... ie at the 200,300 and 400 unique car collection mark

Last edited:
The whole topic is a mindset question.
True collectors do put a lot of effort - and I mean an unbelievable big lot of effort - to have a complete collection. Any true collector of any sort of things would do that. And the vast majority will never ever have it complete.
This game is not about having it complete (all cars). There is not even a trophy for that. It is to select the cars you really want to drive and strive for these. And it feels (for me) very rewarding to buy a car after some hard days (or weeks).
The difference for me (and here comes the mindset) is that I have fun (and I mean lots of fun) just to do some daily Sport races, a circuit experience, completing the license tests (in gold) and further working on the missions... .
I am very happy as it is. And I don't want it to be different. Of course I would like to have all the cars but knowing the effort to earn the credits to buy one is for me much more satisfying.
I can only recommend everyone to enjoy the game with all its challenges and not feeling mad that we mostly will never have all cars. Like it is in real life. Select what you really want!
I will collect all pre-2001 UCD cars and all LCD cars (starting with the ones under 2 million and then under 12 million) and the Brand Central cars that interest me. Perhaps half of all cars don't interest me. I will get them in the end, but pfff.

pwn
@95% and only 21 cars left - only problem: 5 of them are overall 89,5 mio - the other 16 only 58,7 mio. personal "must have" cars only 26,9 mio.
gt7 cars needed
jag 3 mill
aston martin 1.8 mill
mcclaren 5.6mill
vw 4.8mill
merc 2.45mill
bmw 2.85mill
audi 5.35mill
mini 1mill
porsche 3mill
peaugot 4.45mill
alpine 3mill
bugatti 2.35mill
gt 7mill
total
46.65mill

plus

legend cars dont have
collection is 88%
296mill on cars 305mill earned
then gotta tune the cars that haven't tuned plus some double ups on cars have put widebody kits on that cant be removed to do the sports mode races

Last edited:
Assuming the title is accurate, that's 429 million Cr. just for one car of each... and I am buying two of each car, so I can have 1 stock and 1 tuned with widebody. Now add to that, the cost of tuning, which on average is somewhere around 300k per car, then add to that the cost of little things, like the paint chips (4k for manufacturer ones, and 3k the rest I think).

Safe to say that I will probably have to get around 1 billion Cr. and the end of the game, to have everything. Oh boy, long way ahead.

Assuming the title is accurate, that's 429 million Cr. just for one car of each... and I am buying two of each car, so I can have 1 stock and 1 tuned with widebody. Now add to that, the cost of tuning, which on average is somewhere around 300k per car, then add to that the cost of little things, like the paint chips (4k for manufacturer ones, and 3k the rest I think).

Safe to say that I will probably have to get around 1 billion Cr. and the end of the game, to have everything. Oh boy, long way ahead.
No need to wait, you can have it now for the low price of $10,000 dollars in micro transactions :lol:

Apologies if someone else has done this, I don't follow the thread super closely.

Anyway, I sorted the cars (data copied from OP for 427 cars) by price to see what the curve of spent money/number of cars looks like...
1652812538409.png

Some notes (assuming you buy the cars in order of increasing price)

• Buying all cars worth less than 100,000cr (114) will cost a little under 5.8mil credits
  • Buying all cars worth less than 1,000,000cr (313) will cost about 77.6mil credits
  • Buying all cars worth less than 10,000,000cr (418) will cost about 286.5mil credits
  • Buying the 9 remaining cars will cost 143mil credits

• Your first 100 cars costs about 4.75mil credits
  • Your first 200 cars costs about 23.8mil credits
  • Your first 300 cars costs about 66.9mil credits
  • Your first 400 cars costs about 195.8mil credits

Apologies if someone else has done this, I don't follow the thread super closely.

Anyway, I sorted the cars (data copied from OP for 427 cars) by price to see what the curve of spent money/number of cars looks like...
View attachment 1151027
Some notes (assuming you buy the cars in order of increasing price)

• Buying all cars worth less than 100,000cr (114) will cost a little under 5.8mil credits
  • Buying all cars worth less than 1,000,000cr (313) will cost about 77.6mil credits
  • Buying all cars worth less than 10,000,000cr (418) will cost about 286.5mil credits
  • Buying the 9 remaining cars will cost 143mil credits

• Your first 100 cars costs about 4.75mil credits
  • Your first 200 cars costs about 23.8mil credits
  • Your first 300 cars costs about 66.9mil credits
  • Your first 400 cars costs about 195.8mil credits
Has anyone calculated the average cost of upgrades, for a fully upgraded vehicle (not counting extreme upgrades)?

Seeing the Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe on sale at the moment for 20 million Cr. pains me slightly, since a) I'm unlikely to ever be able to buy it in GT7 and b) I already grinded/ground for it in GT Sport, but I'm not minded to do it in GT7, not least because there's a finite window of opportunity to buy it.

It would be cool if there was some more crossover between GTS and GT7 insofar as crediting the huge amount of work that many people put into GT Sport. Fortunately, one area where this has been done - liveries/styles - takes into account the massive amount of effort that would otherwise now be largely wasted. And let's not forget - user-created content is a very cheap and easy way for the game to 'expand' with no additional work by the games' producers.

However, other forms of credit - photomode contributions/likes/reposts etc. and in-game credits like one's car collection and other achievements don't have the same 'usefulness' to PD, and yet people who use photomode (and, by extension, made use of their car collections in a way that increased user engagement with the game) don't appear to have much to show for their GT Sport efforts in GT7... perhaps that could change.

Has anyone calculated the average cost of upgrades, for a fully upgraded vehicle (not counting extreme upgrades)?
No, because I don't see the value of such a calculation.
I have 3 levels of upgrade that I use:
1. Appropriate tyres only. SS and a few others for road cars. Cost approx 10K. For race cars, all racing slick and wet tyres. Cost approx 80K.
2. Appropriate tyres and a few extras like mid range turbo, race suspension, upgraded brakes etc. Cost approx 50K for road cars, up to 150K for race cars.
3. Full monty. Cost approx 200-300K.

So, I do the basic tyres stuff for most cars. Tyres + basic upgrades for perhaps a couple of dozen cars and full monty for perhaps 10. So far I have spent less than 10% of car cost on tuning.

I have bought more then 390 cars, only 33 cars are remaining (23 legendary cars and 10 cars from Brand Central). But the cost of all remaining cars is 181,375,000 (about 40% of all cars cost). I played more then 400 hours, it's even more then all my time in GT Sport (320 hours)
I need more to win 219 times in Tokyo 600pp event. I think I will do that for 45-60 days.

Last edited:
Back