The Crew 2 Official Game Discussion Thread

• Thread starter dice1998
  • 2,906 comments
..so whatever parts we have on our vehicles before September, be ready to scrap them at a moments notice. Gotcha.

As long as they don't develop a fetish for new rarity levels, I guess I can live with it this once.

I will say, however: if they're going by a no-paywall-no-community-split, what's the deal with the Motorsports Deluxe pack? I mean, Legendary Motors is apparently only Early Access, so that'll probably be part of the free updates (probably the July update), but it says none of that with regards to Motorsports Deluxe.

I will say, however: if they're going by a no-paywall-no-community-split, what's the deal with the Motorsports Deluxe pack? I mean, Legendary Motors is apparently only Early Access, so that'll probably be part of the free updates (probably the July update), but it says none of that with regards to Motorsports Deluxe.
All packs, excluding 3 SP exclusives, will be early access.

So we gotta wait all the way to December for PVP...? That's some bs. I love the game but man that's part of the longevity for the game. It better be drastically better from the first game if we gotta wait that long for it.

So we gotta wait all the way to December for PVP...? That's some bs. I love the game but man that's part of the longevity for the game. It better be drastically better from the first game if we gotta wait that long for it.

Maybe they need to "Balance" it out?
Since just like a certain game (GTS) has one dominate car that prevails among the rest.

Also I like how it says "Video not available in your country"

Last edited:
Wow, this arrangement makes the season pass little more than an extortion for access to those three vehicles. It's practically a cosmetic microtransaction with an early access perk.

Though if the game turns out to be the second coming of open world driving/racing (motoring?), up there with Forza Horizon 1, I may consider the SP for the sake of supporting Ivory Tower. I'm not opposed to that.

I don't really see how giving cars to season pass holders splits the community. If the cars are all correctly balanced if shouldn't be a big deal. I'm feeling a little ripped off now seeing as I'm paying extra for something that is free, only good thing I see about season pass in the 20% discount.

I don't really see how giving cars to season pass holders splits the community. If the cars are all correctly balanced if shouldn't be a big deal. I'm feeling a little ripped off now seeing as I'm paying extra for something that is free, only good thing I see about season pass in the 20% discount.

Season pass is only good for the 3 exclusive cars and the 20% discount.
Early access. Eh. Who cares?

It's like the season pass is just a "Gimmic" to try and get more from the players than anything.

Now if the cars released every month are "Free" to season pass holders but have to grind and pay if you don't have them "In-game" then that's a benefit I guess since you don't need to shell out 100k+ bucks for it.

Last edited:
Now if the cars released every month are "Free" to season pass holders but have to grind and pay if you don't have them "In-game" then that's a benefit I guess since you don't need to shell out 100k+ bucks for it.
That is actually how it will work in regards to the differences between season pass and non season pass obtaining methods, and of course the week early access to them for the SP owners too i guess :P

That is actually how it will work in regards to the differences between season pass and non season pass obtaining methods, and of course the week early access to them for the SP owners too i guess :P

But 40$ for just cars that can be grinded at some point and 20% off?
Besides the (Week earlier and 20% off)

What real benefit does SP have that is worth 40$?

But 40$ for just cars that can be grinded at some point and 20% off?
Besides the (Week earlier and 20% off)

What real benefit does SP have that is worth 40$?
I do agree with you that the season pass cost itself is far too much honestly though, considering most will be able to get it later anyway :indiff: there doesn't seem to be any other major benefits besides that really, though the gold edition might be cheaper to buy then the base game + season pass separate at least, I dunno, I genuinely despise season passes as a principal anyway (only good one was Driveclub's) so I am not even going to start defending this one.

I do agree with you that the season pass cost itself is far too much honestly though, considering most will be able to get it later anyway :indiff: there doesn't seem to be any other major benefits besides that really, though the gold edition might be cheaper to buy then the base game + season pass separate at least, I dunno, I genuinely despise season passes as a principal anyway (only good one was Driveclub's) so I am not even going to start defending this one.

Base game is 59.99$
Season pass is 39.99$
Total is 99.98$ (Before tax of course)

Gold edition is 99.99$

So there is no benefit of buying it now or later, (Unless you wait until game goes on sale to get the season pass but even then by the time that happens most of the season pass is over?)

The season pass could have had more going fot it, but I’m still getting the Gold Edition. Thankfully, I pre-ordered through Amazon Prime, so it’s discounted.

One of the main reasons I’m getting the Gold Edition is because it’s the only way to get that Porsche 911. I freaking love the 964 and the only other game I’ve played that has it is Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero, which came out 17 years ago. I’m going to use it for at least most of the Street Race discipline in the game.

I’ll get use out of the 20% discount too. I have others games I want to spend my time on, so the less time I have to grind to get the vehicles I want, the better. Can’t complain about playing the game early either and I like steelbooks.

So I would assume open beta will start on Monday and (My guess) would last through e3. Maybe ending on the 15th. (Would be surprised if it lasts through the weekend) or It starts on the 15th and goes through the weekend. (Like closed beta)

Anyway the progression from the Betas will not carry towards the main game. And aparently won't carry from beta to beta too.

Can't wait for the open beta, there are some many basic things I didn't get a chance to do before the beta ended, like customizing a car, didn't even look at it once. I spent most of my time driving around and exploring

So as more got dug around about which version.
Standard is good on a budget .
Deluxe is if you don't mind a bit of a grind.
Gold is the time savers.

The main difference between Deluxe and Gold is the season pass(Time Savers Pass). As you still get the exclusive cars in the deluxe version as in gold.

The main difference between Deluxe and Gold is the season pass(Time Savers Pass). As you still get the exclusive cars in the deluxe version as in gold.
Wait so Deluxe users get the Porsche 964, the Spitfire Aerobatic and the Boat as well? That sounds odd on the basis of the car-and-general-vehicle list videos saying they're "Season Pass" exclusive.

Wait so Deluxe users get the Porsche 964, the Spitfire Aerobatic and the Boat as well? That sounds odd on the basis of the car-and-general-vehicle list videos saying they're "Season Pass" exclusive.
Not those; the Deluxe version comes with the Motorsports Deluxe Pack, which is the Ford F-150 Raptor Race Truck, Abarth 500 Monster Truck, and Pilatus PC-21 aircraft.

@TJ13 is saying the Gold version of the game includes the Motorsports Deluxe Pack too.

Gold isn't worth it as it's considered a "Time Savers Pass" not a Seasons pass, as lots are saying they should have some paid content for Season pass holders that get for free.

I don't think there is no more season pass exclusive rewards anymore either.
Making gold even less valuable.

I really hope they get rid of that annoying as **** announcer that never shuts the hell up. They probably won't though.

Wait, that was supposed to be a repeating thing? In the glorious world of PS4 Standard, he said it once, then buggered off after the first hour or so.

Granted, that wouldn't be the first time the PS4's ability to make annoying VO go the way of the dodo has made a game better. Yes, I'm looking at you and your half-arsed, callback-focused dialogue yet again, Payback.

Yeah, I recall he said that only once on PC's end too, unless the message was that the announcer is just annoying in general, in which case I suppose that could vary.

Guessing there is no volume slider for him though, didn't fiddle around in that section of the options too much, only thoroughly checked the keybinds and that was just to know beforehand.

Didn't you want to get the deluxe version for just $10 more?

She didn't say anything about a deluxe version (went to the gamestop by my work), only the gold edition and something for $109 and I swear she said something about $150 version too. I probably should change it to the deluxe.

She didn't say anything about a deluxe version (went to the gamestop by my work), only the gold edition and something for $109 and I swear she said something about $150 version too. I probably should change it to the deluxe.

There is only 3 versions.
Standard at 59.99 (Plus tax)
Deluxe at 69.99 (Plus tax)
Gold at 99.99 (Plus tax)
Crew Experience at 109.99 (Plus tax) (Sold Out)

I take it you can play this game solo, right?

Don't have to be a member of a 'Crew' and 'hook up' to complete MP challenges and that kind of thing?
The multiplayer aspect is not compulsory is it?

Back