The Crossfire cup... a challenge?

I was browsing through the American manufacturers, looking for a new car, perhaps something different, when I noticed the "One Make" race for the Chrystler Crossfire. I think "no problem", and buy the car. I assume I'll be able to win the cup with no mods to the car.

The first race is Seattle reverse, rolling start, and we're off. It's a nice car for 214 hp, but a little sluggish through the turns. I push, and push, but can't seem to come off the corners with any speed, and finish third.

Now, the easy thing to do would be buy some horsepower and get it over with, right? Not gonna happen.

The problem was, I'd left the ASM on. So I set both ASM's to zero, and the TCS to two, and try again. The car leaps out of the corners now, and I win by several seconds.

Well- there's your proof that ASM is a fancy wet blanket. Went from third to dominant just by turning it off.

Race number two is at the Motegi Super Speedway. Coincidentally, it's my first time on the Super Speedway in GT4. But, I remember it from GT2 and GT3, so it should be a peice of cake. Right?

Maybe for someone who can draft. I tried four times, and came up no better than second (and I was on the leader's BUMPER! So close!). Frustrated, I decide to come back to it later.

The third race, at Trial Mountain Reverse, I won by multiple seconds as well, on the first try. This car flies, in it's own way, for 214 hp.

Still no mods mind you, all I've done is turn off the ASM and set the TSC to two on a Crossfire I'd just purchased. That resulted in two dominant wins on conventional tracks (though only 60 A spec points each), but no better than a second place on the Super Speedway, after several efforts.

What gives?

Anyway, the moral of this story is, try the Crossfire challenge. The first and third races are a yawn, but the Super Speedway is a bit of a challenge, especially if you keep the car completely stock (not even an oil change).

Just thought I'd pass it along.

I had to buy racing tires so I could beat that dadgum Super Speedway race. Hopefully others out there have better luck.

Peace.

I agree, the Crossfire really does seem fast. I had to cut a corner and hit the first place driver to get first on Super Speedway... :rolleyes:

Couldn't agree more,oil change is enough although you can make it dead easy with Nitrous cranked up to the max...(asm off /tcs on 1)

Is this also the case for most of "crappy low powered car" manufacturer races???? The only one of any merit seems to the Opel Speedster challenge (which I'm off to do now...) and yet the Elise challenge that was tough in GT3 can be won easily with a used Elise 190.... Come on,some continuity please!!!!

I have Passed both the Elise (was damn Easy... In a Motorsports Elise..) The Speedster Cup ( was hard until i got some downforce and the Driving Aids OF....All of them..)
Crossfire Cup (was normal...only mod.. was a Comp-Chip...and some downforce....

The Peugot 206 cup. I went in to that with a stock 206 from the Used car show room, and promptly got LEFT BEHIND.

I was feeling truly insecure about my ability to play this game, but when I checked the "preview" film, I saw they're starting at 275 hp, which a stock 206 doesn't quite have. Definately a challenge, both for tuning and driving.

After I bought the CrossFire I took it to the Vegas 1/4 mile while it was stock and noticed right off how sluggish the tranny was going thru the gears. So I purchase the custom tranny, three plate clutch, and light flywheel and it was a different machine ... for the better. Actually have had a lot of fun with the CrossFire ... went and made some mods ..... think it is around 430HP and did some Snow and Dirt racing. I also use the Special Condition Race (the one you win the Toyato Rally $265,000) as a test course for a new car and hopefully the new car will pay for it self.

Back