The Cutting Room Floor

• Thread starter Kelvari
  • 9 comments
United States
Normal, IL
DvorakUser
VastSquare13
To anyone that has a bit of time and incentive, I've started a page on http://www.tcrf.net for Gran Turismo 2 (http://tcrf.net/Gran_Turismo_2 - shock, surprise), and would like to see some more information added to it.

I have to admit, I was surprised that GT2 would let you 'miss' a pit-stop due to speed or simply not 'needing' one (perhaps during 1st or 2nd lap?).

I had once considered adding my discoveries to TCRF, though I don't think they have a category for unused cars. Using the unused characters category for that wouldn't make any sense.

And I think this text string actually is used:

Too Fast To Stop!
I know you'll get a warning message if you go into the pits too quick, and that's probably the message that'll appear if you do such thing. I could be wrong though.

In GoldenEye 007's page, they have an unused Armored Personnel Carrier under "Unused Objects", so I guess you could put the unused cars in under a similar heading.

In GoldenEye 007's page, they have an unused Armored Personnel Carrier under "Unused Objects", so I guess you could put the unused cars in under a similar heading.

Ah, it does indeed. I think I could go with that, though I think it'd be worth asking about it too.

I'll start adding some things soon.

Awesome, Xenn. Thanks. I've also noticed several "Delete" entries in the car list, having run a program to get text out of the files, and found a few other strings I don't remember seeing. Perhaps you could verify?

"WARNING - Don't Go Back" and "This is the Exit"

Awesome, Xenn. Thanks. I've also noticed several "Delete" entries in the car list, having run a program to get text out of the files, and found a few other strings I don't remember seeing. Perhaps you could verify?

"WARNING - Don't Go Back" and "This is the Exit"

Delete entires are used for some of the hidden cars, for example, the CLK Race Car.

I just went in the pits the wrong way and I got the following:

WARNING - Wrong Way

When the game forces you to leave the pits, "This is the Exit" appears in the Japanese version. "Exit" appears in the other retail versions.

"WARNING - Don't Go Back" is completely unused, it's not present in any version I currently have. Not even in the demos I have.

Last edited:
I started editing GT1 and GT2 TCRF pages. Anyone in for a Proto page of those games? :)

Nice edits. I was going to try for hidden cars, but I wasn't sure what category to fit them under so I left that.

I'd say yes for prototype pages. But since there's no official date on when the various demos we've seen were made (no hint in the data either, couldn't find anything so far), it'd be difficult naming them.

Last edited:
Nice edits. I was going to try for hidden cars, but I wasn't sure what category to fit them under so I left that.

I'd say yes for prototype pages. But since there's no official date on when the various demos we've seen were made (no hint in the data either, couldn't find anything so far), it'd be difficult naming them.

The GT1 proto page is up, Xenn. I spent last night watching MattJ155's videos on the GT proto-demos. ;)

Back