The DAMAGE thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter kazuyam
  • 2 comments
  • 511 views
Messages
302
Messages
kazuyam
Ok, let's collect some facts about the car damage available in the game, for example, difference in quality, availability, behaviour, realism and so on.
Also let's proof the rumor about the 40 level damage behaviour.

Let's start.

I'm at level 22 and I was able to smack of the door of a Citroen Rally car in arcade mode (race with AI at level C), as well as loose backdoor, bonnet, front and back bumper and some other small deformation and clipping parts.
Pictures available at my GT5 account.

Then, the Lexus LFA and the McLaren 2010 can get some pretty bad damage at this level in arcade mode as well. Some pretty strong deformation, loose parts and clipping parts (looks like broken plastic) Really impressive. The new Ferrari 459 also behaves like this. Quite a mess, but that's what we want.
Also the dent textures work fine here

Other cars, like the Mclaren F1 almost don't get any deformation at all. While the front and back bumpers can get loose, there is almost no deformation, just some odd big scratches here and there. Same for the Enzo.

What I also recognized, many or almost all Race livery cars, like all GT500 just have some strange real time 'clay' deformation. Parts won't clip into each other, which means the impression that something has broken into pieces doesn't occur. Same for the Nascar cars. Sometimes the back gets stretched way to much to one side and it just looks stupid. But still, it's all in real time, this means, a small hit will just move the back a bit into the right direction.
A big hit will let it look... odd.

Let's collect cars, were parts are falling of.

1. Citroen Rally Car
2. ???
 
I have b-spec level 26 doing the 4hour round Tkskuba I noticed that the front bumper on the offside has a great huge cravas in it I missed which driver caused it,Went into cockpit view and on the straights you can see he holds the wheel off centre so I assume the tracking has been knocked out of kilter, Ill upload pics later
 
There is already a Damage thread, that you can post in. Though it is not completely the idea of this thread of yours, but you can start a (hopefully short) conversation about most of the words in sentences you wrote here.
 
Back