The Days of the Week from your Most to Least Favorite

United States
The US of A
Did a search and I did not see anything like this.

Though I should probably try to come up with a better title, the topic is simple. Just post the days of the week in order from your least to most favorite and why.
I'll go ahead and post mine as an example:

1. Monday. Yea I ain't kidding, I actually prefer Mondays over all the other days. Simply because I usually don't have any of the things from Friday or Saturday to worry about and knowing they aren't coming for a few days, is pretty relaxing to me. Fewer things to ruin my mood on this day than any other and we usually go to the greenhouse at college which is something I enjoy.
2. Tuesday. Basically everything Monday is, but we go to the library at college. There I have peace and quiet along with extremely fast wifi that I can use to watch Youtube videos without my family complaining. Why is this not higher Monday? Well my administrator has a bad habit of choosing Tuesdays for "emergency meetings" sometimes and I get grouchy when it happens, because it usually means I have to wait a whole week to go again. (And possibly have it happen once more)
3. Thursday. Like Monday, my class goes to the greenhouse, which again I like. It's pretty much a lot like Monday, except I don't enjoy it as much knowing Friday and Saturday are just around the corner....
4. Wednesday. Not a bad day, but not a great one either, it's in between the two really. Ultimately nothing of interest really happens on this day for me, so not much to write here.
5. Sunday. My church has become a lot less interesting in recent years. My Sunday school class ain't what it used to be, it used to be good, but now I no longer have any desire to go anymore and my preacher just can't hold my attention afterwards. I hate to say that, but it's just a boring day overall. It don't help nothing interesting is on TV that day either, but knowing Monday is coming the next day gives me something to look forward to.
6. Friday. I don't like Fridays simply because me and my family are out and about most of the day I don't have much time to myself at home unless I stay up late. It's gotten better recently due to a possible schedule change at college, but it's not known if we will stick to it yet.
7. Saturday. I hate Saturday mainly because it's just a big chore day. Wake up, do the usual chores and then some, go clean my grandmas house (ugh!) and then sometimes we have some other things to do afterwards like washing cars, which I absolutely hate! If it ain't that, chances are we're going hither and yon to places I don't care about and not coming back until late. On top of all that, my family is sometimes in the worst mood this day than any other day of the week. It's one of those days I just look forward to ending.

Now, feel free to post yours!

In order fom favorite to least favorite:

Saturday:

I work a fair amount of Saturdays. Usually only a 3-6 hour shift though. They aren't too bad. I like Saturdays because I visit my Grandma's before I go to work. I usually dress nice with a collar, sweater and tie. It puts the biggest smile on her face that nothing could ever replace. This is why Saturdays are my favorite. I have to dress nice during the week at work, so what's another day of nice clothes to wash just to see her smile? It is always funny when people give me weird looks at work because I am dressed nice on a Saturday though. :lol:

Thursday:
Whether I work or not, there is always a good chance of a Blues hockey game to be on when I get home. Pregame starts at 6:30pm. Great time to get settled and relaxed for the night. On occasion, I will play video games or guitar at this time too. Kinda my go-to free time.

Monday:

I. Love. Mondays. I am usually off work and have worked until 11 Sunday night. This means I get to sleep in on Mondays for the most part. Also, I usually have lunch somewhere in town with my dad. Get some grocery shopping done if needed.

Friday/Sunday:

Sometimes work on Friday, usually have a day off. This is usually when I clean up around the house and do laundry. Very rarely I get called to work an overnight from starting at 11 Friday night until 5am Saturday morning. And well Sunday's I usually work from 5pm to 11pm. Fridays and Sunday are just meh. Not bad, Not awesome.

Tuesday/Wednesday:
I have been training on the 5AM shift at work on these days lately. I have just completed my training, but the person who trained me just got a new job. I will likely be taking this shift for Monday-Wednesday. (Making Mondays absolutely terrific. Just kidding... although I may get off my Sunday night shift, which I do kinda like more than most. Early morning shifts Monday-Friday are pretty tough. As in the job itself, not getting up early.

I actually prefer Mondays over all the other days.
I. Love. Mondays.
nZLFarX.gif

1) Monday. It’s payday for me plus it’s the only day of the week where they don’t mind me going to the shop twice in 1 day. Which means I actually get paid for my complete drive time. It also tends to be a slack day at my work.

2) Friday. I work 4, 10 hour days so I’m either off or on overtime.

3) Saturday. It’s either the start or middle of the weekend.

4) Wednesday. I usually get in a pretty good rhythm on Wednesday and it’s usually my most productive day.

5) Thursday. The week is almost over.

6) Tuesday. It’s the point in the week where you realize you need to put in an effort.

7) Sunday. Sunday is my cleaning day. I hate cleaning.

Hi Sonygamer! Could you fix the title, please, to reflect the order you have posted your days? Or reverse your order. Whatever. Right now it's confusing since I see posts in either order.
Thanks. ;)

I'll start with the least favourite day (as the title now presently suggests) - a day I've loathed forever. What's worse is that even when it is put to death it resurrects itself the next day - and still becomes the bloody first day of the week. Monday. Manic freakin' Monday. Urgh.
Make it a long weekend with the Monday off? No dice. Tuesday takes on the bloody important role of Monday quite proudly. Yup. Back to work. To school. To the stocks.
If Monday had its way it would take over the whole week.
TG for Friday - which usually is a killer day and puts Monday firmly to rest - at least till Sunday sneaks its rear end up your nose and reminds you that Monday is grinning around the corner again.

So now I'm out of order and have to start again. :irked:

Okay I'll be back to start with my favourite day - for now just let it be known that I don't like Mondays.
Most Favourite Day would have to be Saturday. Though actually Saturday comes a little bit early - hard on the heels of that hottie, Friday.
Sometimes Saturday starts on Friday evening and goes well into Sunday morning.
Now that's the kind of day that I can live with - so Saturday is the 'bestest'.

Well, that's...bleak.

Richard Ashcroft said it best, "you're a slave to money then you die".

Although if we're going off what my usual week is like:

Saturday
I have gaelic football training outside, there's soccerball on the telly and I can recover from Friday night in the morning and go out again at night
In the summer we'll usually go to the lake after training too

Friday
Work is over and I can go out and have a drink or go to a club

Sunday
A day off work, a day in bed and a day where I might usually go for some food with friends or stay in and catch up on videos and podcasts

Monday
One Monday in every four is a lot of fun because that's the night I host my monthly quiz at a local bar; it's been running for about two years now and it's become quite popular

Thursday
Indoor gaelic football training is something to look forward to after work

Tuesday & Wednesday

Sod all happens on these days unless there's mid-week football on the telly

You know, I have yet another reason I hate Fridays. I don't know why, but on Fridays's I get much more hungry than usual around lunchtime than any other time of the week. The problem is I have to hold myself back from eating too much because we always go out to eat supper that day at a rather early time and we rarely know where we will eat until the last minute. What's worse is we don't always go to a place I like to eat at (I'm a picky eater), so sometimes it all ends up being in vain. :indiff:

Also, I said nothing of interest really happens on Wednesdays, I was wrong. :dunce: One thing that I do look forward to on Wednesdays is a Youtuber I follow has a weekly series he does and he uploads a new episode almost every Wednesday usually, something I tend to enjoy. That's probably the only thing I look forward to on Wednesdays though.

Most favorite to least favorite days of the week, huh? Let me see...

SATURDAY - I was born on a Saturday, so I tend to be at my best and most enjoy when it is Saturday. It is where I tend to be at my best mentally. I often times see Saturday as a day to enjoy myself and enjoy life the most.

MONDAY Something about Monday seems to make me the happiest. Not sure what. Maybe it's pro wrestling night. Maybe I tend to see it as the start of a potentially good week, or at least hope for a fine week.

THURSDAY Thursdsay seems to be a day of happiness to me. Or at least, I tend to be a bit happier and productive than usual.

WEDNESDAY There is a psychological aspect of Wednesday for me. Many call Wednesday as "Hump Day" since it is the middle of the week. Wednesdays can either be the day a bad week can turn good, or a good week can turn bad. It has that kind of quality to me on this day of the week.

FRIDAY I don't know. I don't feel Fridays as much as I do Saturday... or as I got older. Some Fridays seem boring to me, especially Friday nights.

TUESDAY I don't feel Tuesdays very much. I don't find too much enjoyment out of Tuesdays.

SUNDAY Sundays may perhaps be my least productive day. I often find myself asleep or trying to find some good sports to watch on Sunday. Sunday is usually the recovery from Saturday's fun for me. And there aren't many Sundays I am reluctant to unless great sporting events are to happen (such as the Indy 500 or an NFL weekend).

Then too, whatever day(s) you consider good or bad mostly depends on your view of that specific day of the week and what it usually means to you. For example, I mentioned Monday as being a day that triggers the start of possibly making the current week a great one. Most others are more like, "Monday... work again." So it really depends on a lot of things as to what days of the week are worth favoring more than others.

Now that I work.

1st. Friday. Knowing the weekend is coming up is exciting for me.

2nd. Thursday. The Day before Friday and when I'm usually home alone and if something I want to watch on a streaming service, I go and watch the TV for

3rd. Saturday. The day I mostly hang out with friends.

4th. Sunday. The day to myself most of the time unless there's an event happening.

5th. Monday. Usually the least busiest day of work.

6th. Wednesday. Nothing happens

7th Tuesday. The most busiest work day

Last edited:
Well looking at my old post here, a lot has changed since I last posted here, so I think it's about time I post my more up-to-date thoughts on each day again.

1. Monday. Yea I still like Monday's the best for pretty much the same reason I posted 4 years ago because it generally doesn't have the things I hate about Fridays or Saturdays and is relaxing knowing they ain't coming anytime soon. The only thing I can add is I usually sleep better on Monday nights for some reason and as a result, I typically feel a lot better on this day than any other. Nothing of interest really happens anymore on this day apart from this though.
2. Wednesday. Not much has changed on this day really, it's neither good nor bad, it's like the day itself, somewhere in between with nothing noteworthy to mention.
3. Thursday. Like an extension of Wednesday really, except like before I don't enjoy it as much knowing the days I hate the most are just around the corner.
4. Friday. Since I no longer go to school on Fridays, I don't hate this day nearly as much as I used to anymore since I am less busy than I was 4 years ago thankfully. I have gotten to where I kind of like them now because if we go to town I can get whatever I need there, but I'm still not big on them though, especially when we get home late.
5. Tuesday. More of a "Monday" than Monday itself simply because I generally do not sleep well at night on this day and usually feel like crap in the morning more than any other for some reason. Nothing much to say other than this though.
6. Saturday. Yes, I still hate Saturdays, fight me. Ever since my grandma was moved to a nursing home last year, we thankfully have NOT had to clean her house on this day anymore (which was what I hated the most about it) and I have been a lot happier as a result. However, I still do not enjoy it as a day for similar reasons as before simply because it's just a big chore day and we're always up to something and it's almost never anything worthwhile. It's also one of those days where I sit down and then have to get right back up again, get up for one thing and it becomes another, it's always something.... It's also the day where occasions that I hate the most, like weddings, funerals, showers, or anything of that nature usually happen, all of which I feel nothing but dread for along with the occasional shopping trip. Thankfully the latter does not happen often and the chores sometimes are usually taken care of before lunch and the rest of the day isn't as bad, but it's still not one I care a lot about.
7. Sunday. A lot has changed since I posted here. We don't even have Sunday school anymore since the pandemic started and church is a lot shorter than it used to be and starts at a later time now. However, like before, my preacher just cannot hold my attention to save his life and as of late, I cannot stand to sit in the pugh's anymore because they really hurt my back and I have gotten to where I dread going simply because of this now. For some reason, I almost always get headaches around lunchtime and they ain't as bad as they used to be, but they still can be a bit unpleasant. Generally, I just find Sundays to be pretty boring overall, and I hate to say all this, but that's just how it is and I simply cannot describe it any other way.

Man, looking at my first post here, a lot has changed here due to the pandemic and I realize I apparently don't have as much going on as I did then since I struggle to write much with some of these days. I will admit, I am not entirely certain about some of these because some of them are just too similar to each other for me and don't really have enough for me to go on, and it wasn't always like this. 🤔 Times really have changed here!

Last edited:
1. Saturday
The start of the weekend is my favourite day for me, usually because I do things that I like and go to places I want to go.

2. Friday
After suffering on Thursday, Friday always feels good because it's the last day of the working week. And when I was younger, it was the day when mum would take me to KFC or McDonald's after school.

3. Sunday
Sundays can be really good for me if my mum isn't working but when she is, it can be a bit boring. Still, at least I can watch Supercars with my dad when they're on.

4. Monday
Unlike Garfield, I don't hate Mondays. They're fine. It isn't the most exciting day but I don't have any negative feelings about it either. Being able to watch NASCAR nowadays is a bonus.

5. Tuesday
I do league racing in ACC every second Tuesday which can be quite enjoyable. However when it's not it can be quite stressful and not quite as relaxing as a practice session on Monday. When I'm not doing that, it's just like a Monday for me.

6. Wednesday
About the same as a Monday and a Tuesday. Only drops below them because there's no NASCAR.

7. Thursday
I've hated Thursdays ever since I was a child. Mum usually works on a Thursday and being stuck with my boring old dad can be quite depressing. He never did anything for my brother and I after school, and it got the point where we didn't bother asking him for anything because we knew that his answer would be "No. You don't need it, you can't have it. Ask mum". Very rarely is Thursday exciting or interesting and it has a lot of bad memories associated with it, namely disputes with my dad and being sad after coming home from school. I've honestly feel like total crap sometimes because I'm reminded of just how **** my life is and how limiting my disability is. I wish Thursday died in a fire because it is boring and extremely grating when your dad is insufferable.

I dig Mondays. The need for a habitual rhythm is strong in this one. My off days are all over the place; I never know if I’m coming or going. Give me a solid, regulated Monday and I’m firing on all cylinders.
Fridays signalling the end of the week are loved/hated because I know that without work in the morning I’m gonna sink a few beers and wake up late on Saturday.

I'll do it in the order of favorite to least favorite:

1. Wednesday: It's my day off of work and it's quite pleasant having a day off between the week. CGP Grey put it best why I quite enjoy having it off. Still sucks to not get two consecutive days off, but having a break in between the week helps. Also helps to go out and not worry about bank hours. Used to be alright to go out and do shopping, but since the pandemic every day seems to be busy with people at retail stores. (I hate shopping anyways)

2. Tuesday: A fairly chill day and my "Friday" to look forward to getting out and having tomorrow off.

3. Sunday: Usually a lazy day to relax and get things done around the apartment, if I didn't do it on my Wednesday off.

4. Monday: I don't mind Mondays as it gives me time to catch up on what can be a hectic Saturday work day and usually keep myself busy. Of course, the Monday morning rush commuters are absolute hell and are complete *******s.

5. Thursday: Almost forgot about this day, rather forgettable but also feels like some people start their weekend early.

6. Saturday: It's nice to have a quiet commute to/from work, but still working retail on a Saturday can be annoying. Every other Mon-Fri 9-5 person is "bored" and decided to come to our dealership to waste time. It's also hectic when going out for food or retail shopping.

7. Friday: I absolutely hate Friday as everyone else is starting their weekend, so the only thing they care about is getting to their destination after work. People are going crazy on the commute home and act like complete jerks. I don't even consider going out to eat at a restaurant....

Last edited:
This thread reminds me of the song I sing on the way to work on Mondays.

Just for the record, I despise Geldof but this song is great.

Last edited:
Wow, 2 minutes after you posted that and the video is unavailable. 🤔
North America banned that video soon after it came out lol. It’s probably visible to people elsewhere.

Last edited:
I suspected it was something like that, but figured it would have said something else instead. Suddenly I want to change the region on my VPN just to find out it is. :P

1. Saturday - day off and any sense of feeling forgetting / procrastination can be dealt to Sunday

2. Sunday - also a day off (but I have to pack), and some places are closed which relegates this to second place.

3. Thursday - since Friday is approaching and usually I just try to go get stuff done that isn't related to work and blow off some steam.

4. Monday - because I get to go somewhere new almost every week. If I get to work from home, you get to ease into this day. Problem is that everything is new with my job with respect to location and activity, so there's a lot of hurdles. You have to check into a different hotel, find places that you're usually lacking familiarity, but that can also be exciting and interesting in differing ways. The brain goes crazy with all the new information it has to process and it's tough to get rest.

5. Friday - should be higher, but A) flight delays about 2-4 times a year ruin this day and fill it with dread B) working from home means someone didn't find time until now to bug me at 4:30pm with a problem

6. Wednesday - I used to peak on Wednesdays, and long ago, had this day off. Now, this is when places realize they want to re-implement things after a day or two, so you have to mentally regroup and actually retrain people. And by the work day's end, I'm drained from a lack of sleep on Sunday/Monday leading to mid-week crash.

7. Tuesday - lots of work just to realize that you're not going home for three more days; usually wasted to the extent that Wednesday will try to effectively overwrite this day, and the people you train are possibly bitter, anxious, and overwhelmed. Or you're trying to overcome a mountain of issues dumped on you on the day before.

Last edited:
Back