The Delorean

• Thread starter Moobyghost
  • 6 comments
Hello all, I am a noob to the forum, but it is clear to me you all know what your talking about. So, I was wondering, if someone has a guide or maxing out the performance of the Delorean. (a classic fav. of mine.) I have manged to get her up to 194, but I know with the proper gear settings on the tranny I could get her past 200mph. Anyone want to help me out? Please?

Moobyghost
Hello all, I am a noob to the forum, but it is clear to me you all know what your talking about. So, I was wondering, if someone has a guide or maxing out the performance of the Delorean. (a classic fav. of mine.) I have manged to get her up to 194, but I know with the proper gear settings on the tranny I could get her past 200mph. Anyone want to help me out? Please?

I can't help you with gear ratio's, but you said you're new to this, so let me go through all the stuff that's new in GT4 that you may have overlooked:

First, I have a 513 (give or take) h.p. 2005 Mustang GT that I got past 200 on the test track with Nitrous, Stage 2 N/A, Medium Sports Tires (I don't have the money for racing ones yet), and pretty much every other racing part.

Let me say that Nitrous goes a LONG WAY towards breaking the magical barrier that is 200 MPH (perhaps there are cars in the game that can make it past 300). However, without Nitrous, I can only max out in the 180's and 190's. So, until you find the proper gear ratio, use Nitrous.

In case you haven't messed with it yet, A MAJOR THING thing to note is that Nitrous in GT4 is nothing like any of those street racing games out there. TAKE NOTE: IT DOESN'T EQUAL INSTANT SPEED! If you use it with even the slightest wheelspin, it's rendered useless. Your car just creates a massive cloud of smoke and your revs go to the limit with minimal increase in speed.

I have Nitrous set to the max, undiluted, so what I typically do is at the beginning of a long stretch I shift into a high gear where my car would typically take forever to reach the high RPM's (chances are the wheels won't spin much), then I let loose with as much Nitrous as possible such that I won't fly into a wall at the end of the straight (i.e. don't stand on it for the entire straight).

And don't think Nitrous doesn't make a difference, either. I won the Lightweight cup in the Beginner Legue with a '79 Autobiannchi. I probably wouldn't have been able to do so without Nitrous.

Also, those big-ass rear wings acctually have a purpose!!! At the very least, the really expensive ones let you customise the downforce of your car, very useful for increasing speed.

Lastly, and most importantly, I'm not sure if you have this problem, but I wanna say wheelspin is a much bigger problem in GT4 than ever before. I'm trying to become the best driver I can, so I shut the assists off. You never realize what a nightmare it is to control those high horsepower cars until you do so.

So, to sumerize:
  • You need Nitrous
  • You need a Rear Wing
  • Get improved tires and reduce weight, it's amazing what a difference they make.
  • Mind your wheelspin!!!!

I hope this helps.

Actually, those things give cars randomly. I was talking to someone who got a tank car for the first half of the missions, but I got the delorean for them

Moobyghost
Thanks for all the info. I have nitrous, but how do I use it? I have pressed every button on the controller me thinks and still nothing.

You have to set up your controller in the option menu. It is the option called"special"

Back