The Doc’s Classic Car Tunes:Toyota 2000GT

• Thread starter bigmull
  • 14 comments
England
England
Prior to the addition of the new tuning parts this car was just too underpowered for the 700 Le Mans race but now that has been reversed. It was known by some as the “Japanese E aType” and its easy to see why.It handles really well and it will surprise many as to how good it is in the corners.It returns 5+ laps of fuel and at least 5laps on RM(I haven’t managed to test it further than 5 laps). The gear ratios need fine tuning but it’s fine as in this tune.
IMG_0682.jpeg
IMG_0683.jpeg
IMG_0684.jpeg
IMG_0685.jpeg

Prior to the addition of the new tuning parts this car was just too underpowered for the 700 Le Mans race but now that has been reversed. It was known by some as the “Japanese E aType” and its easy to see why.It handles really well and it will surprise many as to how good it is in the corners.It returns 5+ laps of fuel and at least 5laps on RM(I haven’t managed to test it further than 5 laps). The gear ratios need fine tuning but it’s fine as in this tune.View attachment 1259983View attachment 1259984View attachment 1259985View attachment 1259986
Excellent tune. I did change the trans a bit, powering the top gear speed to 335 and evenly spaced the rest. Thanks.

Thanks for the nice tune! I copied it but without all the permanent tuning parts (bore up and so on) because I'd like a few more competitive cars in that 500-600 range. Very stable and fun to drive, seems like it should be competitive at this range, trans probably does need some tweaking though, I found round Brands Hatch that I was in 3rd gear for practically the entire track :D

Thanks for the nice tune! I copied it but without all the permanent tuning parts (bore up and so on) because I'd like a few more competitive cars in that 500-600 range. Very stable and fun to drive, seems like it should be competitive at this range, trans probably does need some tweaking though, I found round Brands Hatch that I was in 3rd gear for practically the entire track :D
Some cars can barely get into 4th gear on Le Mans but they will be doing nearly 170 mph,sometimes that’s the only way to get a useful fuel consumption.

Prior to the addition of the new tuning parts this car was just too underpowered for the 700 Le Mans race but now that has been reversed. It was known by some as the “Japanese E aType” and its easy to see why.It handles really well and it will surprise many as to how good it is in the corners.It returns 5+ laps of fuel and at least 5laps on RM(I haven’t managed to test it further than 5 laps). The gear ratios need fine tuning but it’s fine as in this tune.View attachment 1259983View attachment 1259984View attachment 1259985View attachment 1259986
Beautiful livery, Where can i find?

This was stupid fun and unexpected!
Just phenomenal ride that I didn't expect.

I gotta figure out the tires though, I'm getting a bit of vibration and some undue wear. I'm not a good driver by any means but they feel like they're burning out a but sooner than later.

Overall, this vehicular I'd give it a 13/10!
Much appreciated for the beautiful tune!

This was stupid fun and unexpected!
Just phenomenal ride that I didn't expect.

I gotta figure out the tires though, I'm getting a bit of vibration and some undue wear. I'm not a good driver by any means but they feel like they're burning out a but sooner than later.

Overall, this vehicular I'd give it a 13/10!
Much appreciated for the beautiful tune!
I will have a look at it later.Where are the tyres wearing?You will always get the left rear tyre wearing more than the rest at Le Mans.

Last edited:
I will have a look at it later.Where are the tyres wearing?You will always get the left rear tyre wearing more than the rest at Le Mans.
I'm tracking the usual wear due to the LeMans and my fats$$ in the seat.
The the wear I'm seeing is premature wear on all fours, it's even, just seems really early for it, and I can feel what I guess is more feedback from road to tire?
(Based on controller feedback, no real idea)

It's a non issue, far out shadowed by howamazing this little car and your tune is honestly.
I just thought you'd appreciate thoughts and such on tunes used, I mean no offense if it reads out in that way.

Post re-drives edit: I think me having wide tires (the fat ones, not offset) were a factor in undue wear. I'll still mess around a bit, but 3 laps on softs ain't bad.

Last edited:
The the wear I'm seeing is premature wear on all fours, it's even, just seems really early for it, and I can feel what I guess is more feedback from road to tire?

It's a non issue, far out shadowed by howamazing this little car and your tune is honestly.
I just thought you'd appreciate thoughts and such on tunes used, I mean no offense if it reads out in that way.
There is a possibility that its the size of the tyres,i always use 15 inch rims with both other settings with the wide option.My reasoning is that there is more rubber which takes longer to heat up thus retarding the wear.No offense taken,i am interested in any issues that there might be so i can hopefully rectify them,the other thing it could be is your driving style,i tend to coast around corners and accelerate once out of the corner.I will have a look later and see what i can do,it might be that the Natural Frequency is too high and needs reducing.

There is a possibility that its the size of the tyres,i always use 15 inch rims with both other settings with the wide option.My reasoning is that there is more rubber which takes longer to heat up thus retarding the wear.No offense taken,i am interested in any issues that there might be so i can hopefully rectify them,the other thing it could be is your driving style,i tend to coast around corners and accelerate once out of the corner.I will have a look later and see what i can do,it might be that the Natural Frequency is too high and needs reducing.

Ah! I just edited my comment before I saw your reply!

I'm going to slap the wide and phatbois back on, then drop my wheel size back to stock 15's.

Much appreciated buddy!

Ah! I just edited my comment before I saw your reply!

I'm going to slap the wide and phatbois back on, then drop my wheel size back to stock 15's.

Much appreciated buddy!
Alright, so I took a bit of what you said about frequency and dropped the frequency closer to the stock configuration.
I have it now at F:1.65 & R:1.90

Huge improvement on wear characteristics!

RS lasted until the last leg of lap 4!
This is also with me driving like a complete idiot, and not being nice at all to the tyres.

I think you nailed it on the frequency call!

Also, I tend to take corners depending upon the car, sometimes I will do as you do, coast through, then hammer on exit.
Other times/cars I like to give some "persuasion".

One other note, there will be some differences due to some of these version changes/updates. That's why I'm rocking the softs vs the pretuned mediums from your setup.

Attachments

• 18b1118b8d164-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18b1118b8d164-screenshotUrl.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 18b1118a9d084-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18b1118a9d084-screenshotUrl.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 18b11189c7851-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18b11189c7851-screenshotUrl.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 8

Post re-drives edit: I think me having wide tires (the fat ones, not offset) were a factor in undue wear. I'll still mess around a bit, but 3 laps on softs ain't bad.
I have just done a race with RM and they were fine after just short of 5 laps when I had to get wets.Get both wide and wide offset,I am tweaking it as I type.

I fiddled with the Natural Frequency and the Gears,4th and 5th were a wee bit too long,you still get over 4 laps to a tank.Try running RH as you get more speed and slightly better fuel economy due to the reduced rolling resistance and to be honest there isn’t much difference between them and RM for grip,one bonus is RH handle wet tracks better than RM You get more grip in wetter conditions.
IMG_0886.jpeg

IMG_0888.jpeg

IMG_0889.jpeg

IMG_0890.jpeg

Just bought a new 2000GT, made modifications, and...18b1dda32a194-3fa315B375F96579043.7F0DCD06C091CCF5_message_434434755207233_1697010762528.jpg

I will have to try the new settings as I had used your original in the beginning of the thread, not the one you just posted recently...

Back