The Dreaded Yellow Offline Message

• Thread starter TilDawn
  • 4 comments
Philippines
East Coast
After every race in the top right corner I always dread the yellow pop-up message saying I'm offline and that progress can't be saved. At least once per session it happens and it infuriates me on how much time I wasted. It's the reason why I haven't attempted getting all gold for the S license or the endurance missions because I know I'll get screwed over.

Whenever it happens it makes me hate this game and reminds me what the series has become. When GTS was current people defended the always-online requirement saying the game is mostly a online multiplayer game, even though it had SP content on release AND continued to have SP content added post release.

What are the excuses now? Why did the community not push harder against this? What are the benefits that I'm receiving as a mostly single player gamer? Because all I'm met with is frustration whenever my connection has a hiccup. This is the only online game that does this even though I'm not playing its multiplayer component.

I'm just disappointed that the community didn't create as much as an outrage as they did for the in-game economy. Maybe we need another outage to remind us how stupid always online is for games that have a single player mode. And I can't wait for GTS servers to go offline and for the community to have a non-reaction to it.

I play GT7 every day & not once have I had this problem. The only time I have ever had the offline mesage is when there is an update or server maintenance.
I really struggle to believe anyone who has this issue doesn't have an underlying issue with their internet connection. 🤷‍♂️

That would be annoying. If I had to wager, it's on your end and not PD's. Regardless, likely little consolation when it happens. Have you tried hard wiring your PS to the router rather that going wireless?

After I win/pass a hard event, I exit out of it as soon as I can just to make sure it saves!

Back