The Driving Tips Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter RAZRr1275
  • 1 comments
  • 631 views
Messages
431
Messages
RAZRr1275
So there are ea lot of tips sprinkled through the threads complaining about how cars are impossible to drive so I think a consolidated thread is a good idea. Here's what I've gathered on the cars that some people are complaining about. Please contribute your own tips for driving certain cars or general driving style tips.


The Deltawing

1) Don't trail brake

2) Don't lift through corners

3) Avoid rumble strips

Do the following and the corner is incredibly neutral and you can accelerate quickly out of corners

The Huayra

1) Brake in a straight line and brake early. This thing is not going to turn if you try to brake late.

2) Feather the throttle on exit. This thing is not going to put it's power down and go straight so be very cautious

3) You can either coast through a corner or apply the throttle slightly and be fine. Just be careful on throttle because it will bite your head off.

4) This car isn't tricky to recover. You can steer with the throttle a bit and apply some countersteer. Don't be afraid to jerk it around because you can feel its weight when it shifts and you can catch it.

The MR2

I like to drive this with what I call a throw and catch method. Slam the car hard into corners, wait for the back to start sliding out. Ride the slide and let the nose go into the corner until the back end slides out and then countersteer aggressively to straighten it out. Do this and the rear end coming out will help you push through corners. For this car you're going to be slower on exit but the slidey rear end will let you dive in late and rotate around.
 
Last edited:
I was testing out some cars in free practice yesterday, particularly the Veyron, the FXX and the Huayra at Nurburgring GP/D. All cars are stock with sport hard tires. Here's my considerations :

FXX

A real beast. I expected some understeer just like the Enzo, but guys, this car behaves just like a race car. Insane acceleration, very good in braking if you remember you're in a MR car, you just have to be cautious on the throttle exiting a corner because has huge power and it will punish you if you have a "heavy" right foot. Awesome car, by far my new favourite "street" car.

Best lap : 1'28.834

Veyron '13

Finally we have the chance to drive a premium Veyron!
This car is heavy. Really. That's all. You have to brake earlier - a LOT earlier - compared to other cars in the same power category; be cautios with the throttle mid corner because tends a lot to go to the outside of the corner due to the skyrocket acceleration. It understeers a lot, so you have to adjust your driving style to make up that. Not my favourite car to drive, still very fast.

Best lap : 1'30.791

Huayra '13

I don't know what to think about this car. I spent less time driving this one compared to the FXX and the Veyron because was late yesterday night, so maybe it's just me. But I expected it to be faster than it seemed to me at first glance. The worst thing is that snap oversteer exiting corners, it's unpredictable and a lot worse than the FXX. But as I said, I want to spend more time with this car to see if I can understand how to effectively drive it.

Best lap : 1'32.127

 
Back