The educated right foot

• Thread starter shardlojik
  • 8 comments
United Kingdom
London
NapalmJ
The great Mario Andretti often talks of "the educated right foot" when referring to car control. Unfortunately some fellow GTS peddlers need a bit more education, as proven from the parade lap for Nurburgring GT4 today.

Must be one of the easiest positions I've made up, which is handy as I'm not great at online racing. Though aside from a slight tap from someone else during this race it was all good, not only did I make up several places I also got a clean race bonus. Makes a nice change!

True true. Sadly the R2 trigger throttle in the game is exponential, not linear.

I'm not one of those who treat sticks and triggers as on/off buttons, I'm fine with it after having played thousands of hours with a DS2/DS3/DS4. So it's not very related to your video but wanted to mention.

But the exponential trigger throttle is still one stupid feature.

I run in a spec league that keeps TCS off so it's tough with some higher powered cars but that's part of the challenge. The Ferrari 458 Gr. 3 is really hard to control with the pedals but I'm getting the GT Eye spring mod to make the resistance a bit stronger. That way I don't mash the pedal as easily.

The great Mario Andretti often talks of "the educated right foot" when referring to car control. Unfortunately some fellow GTS peddlers need a bit more education, as proven from the parade lap for Nurburgring GT4 today.

Must be one of the easiest positions I've made up, which is handy as I'm not great at online racing. Though aside from a slight tap from someone else during this race it was all good, not only did I make up several places I also got a clean race bonus. Makes a nice change!

Even the great Mario Andretti had accident. It's a part of auto racing...

FWIW, isn't a parade lap the lap after the race is finished? I've never seen anyone call the final lap, the parade lap

Back