The effect of mileage

  • Thread starter Thread starter tpijanec
  • 7 comments
  • 1,365 views
Messages
73
As we know the used cars have their certain amount of mileage when you buy them so what im wondering about is wha is the effect of mileage?

Say a used car has 40.000 mileage what heppens? Does it run slower or something than a car with 10.000 mileage?
 
I think it will take on the same effects that happend in GT3. The HP will just slowly drop as you use it more and more.
 
RX-7_FC_DrIfteR
I think it will take on the same effects that happend in GT3. The HP will just slowly drop as you use it more and more.

does it have a certain rate or different per car?


Like, -1hp for 100km or something
 
Not sure what the rate is, but it is much longer than GT3. In Gt3 it was like 200miles and you started getting the drop. In GT4 I have a car wth over 1500kph (over 900+miles) and I have no drop in power yet, my oil isn't even dirty.

It doesn't seem to be per car. Again it's like GT3 and just a standard drop.

Maybe it is different for the NTSC version of GT4, but I doubt it.
 
On the subject of this.. I think the 'Chassis refresh' option returns the car to brand new condition, thus replenishing lost power in addition to tightening up the handling of the car..
 
kensei
Not sure what the rate is, but it is much longer than GT3. In Gt3 it was like 200miles and you started getting the drop. In GT4 I have a car wth over 1500kph (over 900+miles) and I have no drop in power yet, my oil isn't even dirty.

It doesn't seem to be per car. Again it's like GT3 and just a standard drop.

Maybe it is different for the NTSC version of GT4, but I doubt it.

well, just to let you know im not gonna play the NTSC version because im in Europe
 
High mileage affects the car's structure rigidity. As for power drop it doesn't happen until a couple thousand kms.
 
I think we agreed on earlier that it is 5%. A car will never drop below 5% of power that it had new. An oil change will add 5%. So a car that is new with 100HP will go to 105HP with oilchange and as it gets older, drop to 95HP.
 
Back