The end of GT5 online NASCAR due to NGT 11?

  • Thread starter Thread starter gathan
  • 7 comments
  • 2,753 views
Messages
1
Messages
gathan2
I think not!

After having played NGT11 yesterday, I can confidently say that I am massively underwhelmed by the game, especially the online mode, which is extremely buggy. Although the non-online mode isn't as bad, it does, to me, feel too arcade-ish. I certainly don't feel it is worth what I paid for.
 
I didn't care to much for the off-line mode either. All around the game was a massive let down. the graphics are poor and the the racing itself is well...... let's just say it's a racing game for people who know nothing about racing. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of NASCAR, but GT 5 is just a far better experience to play in every respect.
 
NASCAR is a licensed game for an American sport. It's completely different from GT5.

They have similar, and often overlapping, fan bases, but then again, NTG11 isn't going to be going to Japan any time soon, is it?

And with the number of people who complain at us rednecks because of all the circles we drive, can you reasonably think NASCAR was going to be a competitor for the "Best Racing Game" market anyways? It's a cash cow series.
 
I know every NASCAR game will sell a decent amount just because it is NASCAR, but I would bet there are a million or so NASCAR fans just like me waiting for a good NASCAR game to put money down, not just any poor attempt. Make a quality game and I will gladly hand over my money.
 
NASCAR is a licensed game for an American sport. It's completely different from GT5.

They have similar, and often overlapping, fan bases, but then again, NTG11 isn't going to be going to Japan any time soon, is it?

And with the number of people who complain at us rednecks because of all the circles we drive, can you reasonably think NASCAR was going to be a competitor for the "Best Racing Game" market anyways? It's a cash cow series.

I know every NASCAR game will sell a decent amount just because it is NASCAR, but I would bet there are a million or so NASCAR fans just like me waiting for a good NASCAR game to put money down, not just any poor attempt. Make a quality game and I will gladly hand over my money.

👍👍
 
I got the game on release day and I played it maybe a couple of times, it sucks flat out. I am waiting tell the patches come out to see if it makes it better. You should see the forums for NTG, if you thought people on here complained about GT5, NTG forums make GT5 seem perfect .

I know there is a patch coming very soon to address some of the problems, then there is the major patch coming May/June to update the cars to 2011.
 
I know every NASCAR game will sell a decent amount just because it is NASCAR, but I would bet there are a million or so NASCAR fans just like me waiting for a good NASCAR game to put money down, not just any poor attempt. Make a quality game and I will gladly hand over my money.

Can I suggest "NASCAR: Dirt to Daytona" for the PS2? Obviously the graphics are out of date, but the physics, car adjustments and the affects of it, racing verity, everything is just perfect.
 
Can I suggest "NASCAR: Dirt to Daytona" for the PS2? Obviously the graphics are out of date, but the physics, car adjustments and the affects of it, racing verity, everything is just perfect.

I LOVE that game!!!! Spent so much time into it!
 
Back