Suspended:The Endurance World Tour,

• Thread starter GTP_Nail
  • 1,015 comments
Be advised we are using the early evening setting and there now appears to be significant difference in tire temp due to cold track and wear also appears to be better. Show up early to get in some laps. GMT-6.

Just completely lost Internet. Very frustrating.
:DI thought you rage quit....lol. It would have been interesting to see your finish. I know you want to be silent while racing but it is really important that you be able to hear faster cars when they warn you of their approach. And except for alot of Oh S'es and groans of dismay and more than a few of" Ooops I thought you meant the other Left" it was just heavy breathing... alot of it!. I chatted very little (for me).

Really well done guys...since none of has run a 24 since LeMans (which is SOOOO EASY) it was a LONG race. But look at the schedule...more coming... including one here at Night:boggled:, I think from now on we will try to have a 1/2 distance Prelude race the weekend before actual races just to warm us up.

Thanks are especially due to our European members....it was a late night. As a thought would it be better to start races over 90 minutes an hour earlier.....thoughts please.

As a thought would it be better to start races over 90 minutes an hour earlier.....thoughts please.
Yes Please! 👍

Also on the longer races, how about you set the grid and have no quali to speed things up...just a thought. :)

that requires qually at an earlier date, or setting the grid by finishing order in a Prelude race.? Or by my setting the grid by our corporate knowledge among the Moderators. But what happens as with two guys with not much between them like @Argon and @Goldomor , and how about new fast guy @Missedapex420 . That is why we either race for position the week before or run the qually/race setting. And how do we drop in the new guy who drops in like Eric today? I prefer qually before race or fastest lap set in race conditions the weekend before.

:DI thought you rage quit....lol. It would have been interesting to see your finish. I know you want to be silent while racing but it is really important that you be able to hear faster cars when they warn you of their approach. And except for alot of Oh S'es and groans of dismay and more than a few of" Ooops I thought you meant the other Left" it was just heavy breathing... alot of it!. I chatted very little (for me).

Really well done guys...since none of has run a 24 since LeMans (which is SOOOO EASY) it was a LONG race. But look at the schedule...more coming... including one here at Night:boggled:, I think from now on we will try to have a 1/2 distance Prelude race the weekend before actual races just to warm us up.

Thanks are especially due to our European members....it was a late night. As a thought would it be better to start races over 90 minutes an hour earlier.....thoughts please.
Oh there was some rage but no I didn't quit. Was gonna try and close that 20 second gap. Not sure what's going on with my Internet but I will try and figure it out. Frustrated Ya'll sorry.

E23682E0-8597-4F24-9926-EAA6E94404C9.jpeg

ok On Wednesday we will be going to Le Mans to test and run some races for @ZOPPO GT s historic races. We think there will be two, one at Le Mans and one at Monza ( both w/o chicaines). Both will feature pre 1970 racers and production cars. These races will be 2.5 hours at Le Mans and 1000 k at Monza . Which were the usual lengths.
6DFDACD2-293D-4D10-9204-96E25E68F5C0.jpeg

Last edited:
Sorry Ned, i won't be able to attend on Wednesday. This is our bimonthly beer club meeting evening. Apologies.

View attachment 864899
ok On Wednesday we will be going to Le Mans to test and run some races for @ZOPPO GT s historic races. We think there will be two, one at Le Mans and one at Monza ( both w/o chicaines). Both will feature pre 1970 racers and production cars. These races will be 2.5 hours at Le Mans and 1000 k at Monza . Which were the usual lengths.View attachment 864895
What are the cars? Wonder if I have any of them. I probably do.:confused:

We will chat about it tomorrow....We will be driving a bunch of them and trying to BOP them . Room opens tomorrow atv1130 Central and fun begins @ 1300...note this is 1/2 hour earlier and we may even move it up another 1/2 hour.

Hey!! @ZOPPO GT just sent me this.

Here is the BOP list for the classic car race.
The cars should been built between 1960
and 1973. Older or newer cars are too far
away from the idea to race in a special
epoch.

Race cars:
Ferrari 330 P4 94 127
Ford Mark IV 86 100
Ford GT40 110 93
Shelby Daytona 128 89
Shelby Cobra 427 99 94

Roadcars:
Corvette C2 ´63 90 92
Corvette C3 ´69 100 85
Camaro Z28 ´69 102 90
Pantera ´71 88 89
Ford GT 40 ´66 70 116
Mustang Mach 1 ´71 99 84
Challenger ´70 82 85
Shelby 350 GT ´65 97 100
Jaguar E Type ´61 102 93

Room is up...I am watching the Impeachment hearings but I will be along.

Remember that in the Historic Epoch Races TUNING IS ALLOWED.

Ned little food for thought.

Reading through your thread posts regards speeding things up, quali and the like, what I find helps is, those that know they are going to take part in the event run a quali lap/s offline and submit the time in the thread, you can work your grid order from that.

As we're all sporting gentlemen it's taken at face value, you can always save best-lap-replay and share it via PSN where it can be viewed by anyone as an option.

As we all know some have very busy lives and R&R time is at a minimum, this way it can be done when one has a few minutes spare.

Classic tunes...

GT350 from @ZOPPO GT

Here is the custom setup for the Shelby 350 GT

BoP 97% / 100%

Brake - 2

Front Rear
45 inch 45 inch
1,90 2,00
8 10
64 65
97 97
1.0 3.5
-0,30 + 0,30

Custom differential

Custom gearbox
Max speed to 190 mph (Le Mans)

profile_mask2.png

Hans-Georg Zoch
Tue, Nov 12, 5:48 AM (2 days ago)

to me
cleardot.gif

Hello Ned

I made testdrives yesterday and added four new
cars to the BoP list for the classic race.

Dodge Super Bee 106 84
Mercedes 300 SEL 6.8 AMG ´71 82 85
Ferrari 365 GTB 4 ´71 73 105
Lancia Stratos ´73 112 121

Guys the Sunday Rooms will open at Noon central the weekends when we are doing support events. The room will open at 1130 on race day for the main event weekends.

It seems we have three “events” that we seem to have adopted.

1. Our basic Tour
2. Pursuit Racing ( crowd favorite!)
3 Nostalgic Classic Racing Series

What we now need to do is allocate weekends and Wednesdays to each. Needless to say the Tour has the Second Sunday and the week before for our primary Tour.

The pursuit races, utilizing the Tour cars, are fun and practice for the Tour.

The Classic series will have its own races and has proven really fun and popular I personally think it should have one Sunday a month for a formal race.

thoughts

Back