The Football Association cup thread.

Thanks to that penalty miss, Scholes is now sleeping with a horse's head!

No, he's done so much for us, it would be a shame to jump on his back for missing a penalty.

Ruffest
In the words of the great Jose Mourinho - "The best team lost." Arsenal didn't deserve to win that's for sure.

In any case, well done Arsenal, good penalties. I just can't believe we let it go that far.
Amen to that, the best team did lose, we were ass raping Arsenal for over 2 hours. We hardly ever win on penalties, but Fergie should have put Howard on, at least he can save some, Carrol can make a few good saves here and there, but he's hopeless at penalties.

I can't congratulate Arsenal though, bunch of 🤬 ............

Millwall gave us more of a challange than Arsenal did.

Talking of goalkeepers, we have two average keepers IMO. We either need to sort out who is our regular keeper, or get one who is consistent through the season.
I'm a big fan of Dida... Too bad he will never leave AC.

Sucks :grumpy:

Even on the radio I could tell that Arsenal were being slaughtered. I think Ferdinand should have taken Scholes' penalty :P

live4speed
Amen to that, the best team did lose, we were ass raping Arsenal for over 2 hours. We hardly ever win on penalties, but Fergie should have put Howard on, at least he can save some, Carrol can make a few good saves here and there, but he's hopeless at penalties.

I can't congratulate Arsenal though, bunch of 🤬 ............

You are just damn lucky I dont have any of my "stop global WHINING" gifs on my home PC.

If you couldnt score from the over 30 chances you had you dont deserve to win.

It was a cup game. As the commentators said, in that situation its the result that matters. So what, you played better then us, but still lost. What does that tell you about the two teams?

I suppose you will say ManU are better, but looking at the league table, I guess it is safe to say that over the course of a season, Arsenal were still the better team 👍

Hard luck, all you have to do is get some strikers who can score. 👍

All I have to say (other then that), is that considering I had to watch the game as the only Gunner in a house full of Mancs (and drunk ones at that), it was one of the sweetest victories yet.

Mike Rotch
You are just damn lucky I dont have any of my "stop global WHINING" gifs on my home PC.

If you couldnt score from the over 30 chances you had you dont deserve to win.

It was a cup game. As the commentators said, in that situation its the result that matters. So what, you played better then us, but still lost. What does that tell you about the two teams?

I suppose you will say ManU are better, but looking at the league table, I guess it is safe to say that over the course of a season, Arsenal were still the better team 👍

Hard luck, all you have to do is get some strikers who can score. 👍

All I have to say (other then that), is that considering I had to watch the game as the only Gunner in a house full of Mancs (and drunk ones at that), it was one of the sweetest victories yet.

Whining??? I think it was quite a blatant fact we played better, I'm not whining about that. As for the penalties, Carrol can't save them, he's crap at them, thats another fact, so I don't see how thats whining.

This season not scoring enough has been Man U's problem, all the teams weve lost to are in the lower part of the league barring Chelsea which frankly is bad for a team like us. Arsenal were the better team over the course of the season and Chelsea were better still, however being an Avid Man U fan and hating Arsenal like Arsenal fans hate Man U I'm satisfied that we beat you 3 times this year, just a pity the final wasn't one of them.

Atleast Vieira was magnanimous enough to acknowledge that Man Utd were the better team on the day... still, you don't win trophies by simply 'deserving' it... I couldn't give a monkeys about either team to be frank, but I know alot of gooners, and have been quite stunned by their lack of humility... :sly: Still, I'm fully aware that if my team won something major but in an undeserved fashion, I'd probably be celebrating too... although, I am a Celtic supporter, so don't have very much to cheer about today anyway :grumpy: :ouch:

As a matter of interest, where did you watch the match?

I was round at my mate's house, having a BBQ, which is very risky (inviting a Scottish person to a BBQ seems to anger the rain gods... )

We had a sweepstake on the first scorer (DOH!)... we picked a player each in turn, I picked last out of 4, but still got Ruud van Nistelrooy... I also got Paul Scholes and Rio Ferdinand... geez, if anyone deserved to walk away with that tenner, it was me... unfortunately we agreed that, if it went to a penalty shoot-out, we'd just use the money to buy a round in the pub... DOH! (again).. who took the first penalty? van Nistelrooy....

Of course, I'm a neutral, and I thought Man U deserved to win, but there's no point crying about it... :sly: The real travesty was that Wayne Rooney got Man Of The Match :dunce: :dunce: ...ahem... I thought Jehs Lehmann might have been in with a shout on that one...

It's Man U's fault for not capitalising on all those chances they had and then it's Arsenals fault for playing incredibly negative football. Which is strange and kinda dissapointing, as I was hoping to see the fluent and attacking Arsenal.

If I wanted to watch a team defend for 120mins i'd watch Chelsea. Oh wai......

It was a grat match to watch from a United fans perspective, we played great, I couldn't be happier from our overall performance, just a dissapointing end. Alqays next season eh.

Man U played basically their first squad as opposed to Arsenal missing some of their key players. Of what people think about Arsenal, the young players such as Reyes, Van Persie still need more experience which most of that United team have in abundance. Arsenal have an incredibly young squad with kids younger than me, so to come second in the premiership and beat an inform United is a good achievement which they will build on next term.

live4speed
It was a grat match to watch from a United fans perspective, we played great, I couldn't be happier from our overall performance, just a dissapointing end. Alqays next season eh.

Yeap.

Ronaldo is awesome to watch though.

Latest Posts

Back