The Forza3 Weekly Race Series - Round 1

MagpieRacer

Premium
England
Wymondham, Norfolk
MagpieRacer
Hello all and welcome to the Forza3 weekly race series first round.

The race will remain open until the November 20th giving sufficient time for entrants to get their times in. So, here goes!

Round 1
barcelona.gif
Round 1 takes us to Spain and the Circuit de Catalunya National Circuit. This week the cars are supplied by Porsche and Audi, in the form of the Compeition S4 and the 911 GT3 Cup (996). Be sure to take care on the chicanes towards the end, the track marshalls are quite strict as to what is and isnt allowed through them.

Free Race/Hot Laps
Circuit: Circuit de Catalunya National Circuit (not the GP circuit)
Cars: #1 Champion Racing S4 Competition - PI 644
#55 Applied Materials 911 GT3 Cup (996) - PI 647
#66 AXA Financial/Jon Groom Racing 911 GT3 Cup (996) - PI 647
Assists: Anything goes :) Personal preference.
Transmission: Again personal preference.
Rules: The cars will be run with no additional upgrades (stock).
Anything which invalidates your lap (exclamation mark next to time) is not allowed.
Tuning is allowed where the cars allow, you may discuss and share setups and setup tips.
Do not discuss laptimes, you may discuss your split times but not laptimes.
PM me your best time, you have until the 20th of November to do this, I will accept only one laptime to save my inbox from confusion of having more than one time from people. If you could also state in your final PM if you are using a pad or a wheel.
Have fun!

going to do this right now, remember guys you can drive either car if you go to the Leaderboards > Circuit > S class > Catalunya > Catalunya National You can also get there from the Free Play menu. Just a heads up for the new people to the game.

Yep. I decided to give a choice for the first race so people didnt feel too restriced straight away, the first few weeks wont be 1 set car. The 2 911's are actually identical just different liverys so dont try too hard to find any performance differences.

Will there be a photomode competition for the results banner like the GT4 WRS? That was fun for a while, and Forza might make it more so.

Have to see if I can get some more laps in later tonight or on the 20th it self.
Even I think I will have trouble getting to the TV with Asassins beeing out today..

Not yet happy with my time.. think i can schave another second at least.

And no I will not tell the time... had about 15 laps for now yesterday.

Wow, I missed this until today...:lol:

Guess MW2 might be put on hold tonight. Have many times been submitted yet?

Edit: These cars have some of the worst brakes in the game I think. There's probably another full second to be had if you could get the brakes balanced a little more on the Audi. The Porsche just downright sucks altogether. Its faster on the straight, but otherwise is too much of a Porsche. Pushes into turns, goes sideways when you're trying to get on the throttle early in slower turns...Excellent drift car however, I held some nice drifts through the long sweepers. Can we get style points? :lol:

Last edited:
PM to my username :)

Results will be up tomorrow or Sunday with a new race Monday, thanks to all who have submitted so far, I will keep it open for another few hours.

I too have no idea how i missed this thread until today, haha.

I just threw together a quick and dirty (but clean) lap time to submit if theres still hopefully time. I know theres a lot more in it if i wouldve been able to spend more time w/ it, but oh well. just wanted to get something in!

I'll try and keep a better eye out for next weeks race :lol:

MildAshers hasn't been online since November 28th, so there's no telling what's going to happen...

Figures, the time I decide not to check his activity. A couple of days ago, it was still no activity since the 28th anyway...

Back