The FPM "Suggest A Car For Wiggs" Thread

• Thread starter Wiggs
  • 17 comments
Wiggs
Teewiggs
Most of you know I was in an accident a few days ago and my car was totalled. :( I'll be looking at cars this week and I have no idea what I want. My last 2 cars were a '97 Nissan Maxima that I still have and use to make my long daily commute to work. The wrecked car was a '03 Acura TL Type-S. I guess I lean towards Japanese sport sedans, but I'm open to suggestions. No new cars and I'm looking at spending between $15,000 and $25,000. What do you guys think? :confused:

I want something that's reliable and roomy enough for a tall guy like myself...but still somewhat sporty. Sedan, coupe, SUV....I'm open to suggestions.

No idea what it's cost but if I were you and I were happy with the TL you have now, I'd check for the newer models. The 2004-2008 model is really nice!

Really sorry to hear about your car, Wiggs! I love that series of TL, and the type-S is real nice (but I'm sure you know that...). I really don't care for the new TL body style, particularly the rear end. Too angular for my taste.

ZR1chris is on a good track with the Pontiac G8. I've driven a couple of hundred miles in one, and it was a nice ride. I normally don't care for any CVT, but the G8 transmission gave me the control I wanted.

I just got a '12 WRX, and love it. You can probably find a WRX or STi for about 20k with around 50k miles... The AWD grip is fun, as is the 0-60 time :)

Good luck in your search!

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I haven't bought a car in 10 years.....I'm discovering that car prices have gone way up in that time. :ouch: I'm not crazy about the newer TL's styling but it has a ton of nice features and a strong engine. I like the Infiniti G37 too. I never thought about the G8 or some of the other cars mentioned, but they are some nice alternatives too. :)

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I haven't bought a car in 10 years.....I'm discovering that car prices have gone way up in that time. :ouch: I'm not crazy about the newer TL's styling but it has a ton of nice features and a strong engine. I like the Infiniti G37 too. I never thought about the G8 or some of the other cars mentioned, but they are some nice alternatives too. :)

RWD is the way to go, my friend. As we have learned in the World Of Forza! 👍 ;)

What ever car you buy....buy it in the USA haha. There are a whole lot cheaper than in Canada. You'd look good in an Audi R8.

I'd like to be there when you take that tall frame of yours and try and get in it.

This is also very sexy..

VW CC by saskman_2010, on Flickr

The VW CC is a nice looking car but for what I want to spend I'd get that weak base engine. :ouch: Subaru WRX has come up more than once but I'm not sold on it. I'm leaning towards a 2009 or 2010 Infiniti G37 though. RWD, 330hp, nicely equipped luxury sport sedan. I need to drive one though because I heard it's a little tight for a tall driver. :(

Knee is ok, thanks. I'm probably gonna start test driving some cars Saturday. :)

Just A THOUGHT:::

One of my buddies years ago wanted a small sports car and he is also 5'16"..
He had his driver's seat lowered 1 1/2" or so to allow his frame to fit in it.

How are you not sold on a subaru? Its like a Japanese Porsche. Not that you would use the AWD(well maybe you would,it does rain a lot there...) of it but it meets all of your criteria it seems.

How are you not sold on a subaru? Its like a Japanese Porsche. Not that you would use the AWD(well maybe you would,it does rain a lot there...) of it but it meets all of your criteria it seems.

I think you love it or not, my buddy hates it.. :odd:

G37 is very cool. They don't sell them over here though..

I don't know what it is about Subarus, I just never really liked them. I drove a G37 yesterday and I'm pretty sure that's what I'm gonna get. Really powerful and agile with plenty of room for me. Gonna go take a look at 2 of them Tuesday or Wednesday.

Back