The Fun Junker List

  • Thread starter Thread starter Enzo_Guy
  • 12 comments
  • 1,840 views
Messages
377
Messages
Enzo_Guy
Messages
GTP EnzoGuy
I love junker cars on racing games! If it's lightweight, low horsepower, and revs to high heaven, I will rail it around a course for hours. So I figured I would create a list of some of my personal favorite pieces of total junk that I have way too much fun driving.

Honda S800:
66HP and 0.8L of fury! Well, not really, but rapping this car out at 9000rpm around a rally course is just too much fun. You won't win any races, but if you have a wheel then you will have a hard time finding a more pure driving experience. Not to mention it sounds cool.

VW Kubelwagen:
I tuned it to 108HP, that and a good suspension tune means this thing rides on rails around Autumn Ring Mini. Can post 40 seconds flat with a decent driver.

VW Schwimmwagen:
My 118HP rally car! Take this thing on Eiger G Trail reverse for maximum fun. Hill climbing in a WW2 amphibious vehicle is hilarious!

'86 Toyota MR2 1600:
Dirt tires. Enough said.

'65 Alfa Romeo Giulia GTA:
Sticky tires and Eiger Short Track reverse. I was driving that car on that track for over an hour last night.

'68 Isuzu 117 Coupe:
Fully upgraded this this is a track monster. With the racing exhaust it is easily in my top 10 best sounding cars in GT5, just barely behind the '69 Camaro RM.
 
Hey no tuned Daihatsu Midget??? 👎

Nice informative list, sounds like you have a lot of fun with those cars. I'm gonna try all these next time I play.

I already use that Isuzu you have, Love it! Won the beginner classic cup with it and need to do more, see how much it can win! My one is white with a black bonnet, looks great when it beats all the smaller more sleek Japanese cars.
 
Last edited:
Started playing around with the '69 Isuzu Bellet, very fun car with sticky tires.

I also hopped up an Odyssey and an Element for rally racing. Element likes the snow and the van rips and roars on the dirt Eiger tracks.
 
I was going to say '86 MR2, but you got that up there already. Brings back memories when I had one as my winter car (couldnt drive the priceless '93 MR2 in the snow), and that thing was a beast in the snow. So much fun to drive.
 
The Volvo 240 GLT isn't lightweight, but I think you'll find that just about everybody here loves it. It's a really fun car.
 
NO SUBARU 360?
I am disappointed. I am in love with it, I have it a nice color shift paint. The best part is that I've kept it bone-stock :p
 
I know I'm gonna get flamed for this but I actually enjoy beating people with a Prius online.

That thing turns nicer than you'd expect.
 
I have 67 friends on my gt5 profile, everyone of them is jealous of my florescent pink 1980 Fiat Panda, lowered (make that slammed) on custom suspension and sounding mean with it's racing exhaust.

In honour of this magnificant machine, my Italian friend painted an F40 pink, took a picture and put it in his profile.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: PINK PANDA
 
The Volvo 240 GLT isn't lightweight, but I think you'll find that just about everybody here loves it. It's a really fun car.

I remember tuning that up in GT4, had a blast, insane body roll just added to the fun

Not sure what "Junker" means being a Brit though, wouldn't call many of the cars in GT5 "Junk" if any, but if you like the Bellet, try the 73 Skyline GT-R, awesome car that sounds good too (and i'm not a huge fan of "modern" Skylines at all)
 
VW Kubelwagen:
I tuned it to 108HP, that and a good suspension tune means this thing rides on rails around Autumn Ring Mini. Can post 40 seconds flat with a decent driver.

I totally know what you mean!👍 I have mine tuned as well and love lapping Tsukuba with it! I really enjoy trying to keep the revs up. Even though it's slow compared to most other cars it makes up for it by driving like a big go-kart. :)
 
Tuned Mazda AZ-1.👍
 
Back